Wolfbroken

Oct 20, 2021
Some people seem to think there is a whole team of people working on games like this. I don't know for this particular dev, but in most cases, except maybe some of the big ones, there isn't. There are no subs, it's just one dev writing it, rendering it, coding it. So if the dev has a flu, developement stops for a while. The same if he has real life obligations like having to earn a buck for living or if he simply needs a break.

Being a developer myself I know that releasing every two/three months is more than a full time job. It takes much more time than most people would spend on their jobs. Please, give the guy some space.
The Dev is published in Subscribestar. Personal problems, plus the covid, which is already recovered and finishing v.7. And as far as I know, only one person works for the translation and another one making corrections in the code, otherwise, he renders, writes, assembles the game and so on. You told the whole truth, many people believe that this is done quickly.

mirian

Nov 18, 2018
True, but the game is so good that Sara's stories would be wonderful every 2 or 3 months. But given the difficulties and time between updates they could be a little longer.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Seems I was wrong with my fear about the continuation of the game - and it's good that I was wrong. Thank's!

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Yeah, was a bit to impatient here. But to my defence I "lost" a few games lately (they got abandoned) - unfortunately this is not uncommon with games here also.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Yeah, was a bit to impatient here. But to my defence I "lost" a few games lately (they got abandoned) - unfortunately this is not uncommon with games here also.
Yeah i understand, but Night tends to be very quiet until it's close to release (usually 2 months or so between updates)

Reactions: J.R.

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
The only thing you can do that may help prevent that is supporting you favourite devs as much as you can. Only a handfull actually make a living out of it. Not very strange that a game gets abandoned if the donations don't even cover the monthly costs and there's no sign of things getting better.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
The only thing you can do that may help prevent that is supporting you favourite devs as much as you can. Only a handfull actually make a living out of it. Not very strange that a game gets abandoned if the donations don't even cover the monthly costs and there's no sign of things getting better.
Yes, I try as much as I ( and my wallet ) can. But unfortunately two of them were games I've already supported...

3.40 star(s) 78 Votes