3.20 star(s) 26 Votes

Oppai Auteur

Developer of Old Friends and Public Transport
Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
I'm very confused by the lack of choice in this past update.

We had choices earlier in the story that affected how nice James was to Sarah and Miranda, so that gave me the impression that we would be able to choose who to pursue.

I chose to give Miranda the contact information, I chose to flirt with her over the phone, I chose to help her make dinner, and I was looking forward to choosing to spend more time with her. But then my character is suddenly forced into a relationship with a girl that I can't stand.

Why?

Things were progressing just fine between James and Miranda. Their mutual attraction was established before this update. They also had an excuse to see each other regularly what with his mother asking Miranda to check in on James. So the opportunity to start fooling around should be right around the corner, which could then lead to an actual relationship and all the drama that goes with it. But then Katie suddenly takes us away from all of that.
Those early choices regarding Miranda play out basically the same way regardless of the option you picked, its the same result but its just who takes the initiative that changes. And the opportunity to 'start fooling around' wasn't anywhere close to happening, they haven't seen each other in years and there is mutual attraction, but James is still Madison's son and Miranda does care about that friendship. Things with Miranda are still a long way off

So now I'm feeling a bit like a little kid that was watching his favourite TV show and just as it was getting good, his older brother came in and snatched the remote out of his hands and changed the channel.
This bit just made me laugh because I'm an older brother

I don't want anything to do with Katie. She's a spoiled rich kid that treats everyone like shit. She violates peoples privacy by taking nude photos of them and distributes them without consent, which I'm pretty sure is a crime. She breaks her promise to Sarah almost immediately after making it, which means she can't be trusted. She sends that picture to Sarah just to upset her, which seems rather cruel. She shows no respect for anyone at all and only seems to care about herself. If I was given a choice here, I'd keep James as far away from her as possible.
....I think you are taking this lighthearted comedy game a bit too seriously. All of what you mentioned is just for fun, this isn't real life mate, its fiction. Dial it back a bit

The fact that I'm not given a choice in the matter is a big problem. It feels like I'm not really playing a game anymore now that I can't make any important choices. Making choices is the only gameplay element we have, without them we're just reading a story.
All the choices in this game are mostly to do with the sex scenes, a preference for a handjob or blowjob etc. No relationship in this game is avoidable, all have a point in the story and not all of them last to end of the game

That's something you'll have to deal with, or you can just not play the future versions, because I'm not going to change how I approach this game. The current way is what works for me as a creator

With that outfit i'll have miranda walk my plank.

Wait a minute.

Excelsior

P.S. Miranda looks as if she's asking amari why she is dressed as a pirate.
That's actually pretty close to whats happening, but she's not asking why she's dressed as a pirate, she's asking why the outfit is so revealing

She's feeling a little exposed lol

Looking fabulous and delicious for me! :love: But that great hat is not ideal for her hairstyle. Like any i bet. Btw, i think Katie can be an awesome pirate queen.
The hat is kinda awkward with her hair style, but I didn't like the outfit without it lol

I guessed Amari will appear here and indeed she is. And you know people will ask for more of her anyway, not that many actually read thread. ;)
Yeah, I know. Still best to cover myself by saying it anyway

What made you guess Amari? And want to hazard a guess at any others?

And now you have Alfred the Fallen here, who said pretty much everything that is relevant to this point, and even more. They wanted to get milfs from the beginning and "choose your waifu" style of gameplay, not "rich kids" who apparently commits a crime. Everything i like about Katie and what makes her humorous, he hates.
Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about it as well

damien_sensei

May 24, 2018
Pretty great story and unique characters. Katie seems fine i don't really understand the hate its not as she dumps MC after the fuck and picks another guy her character was very well detailed besides i think there's more to the story before comming to conclusions. Miranda and Madison seems pretty hot. Hypr for the next update cheers to dev..!!

@Oppai Auteur Will there be more romance with girls?

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
....I think you are taking this lighthearted comedy game a bit too seriously. All of what you mentioned is just for fun, this isn't real life mate, its fiction. Dial it back a bit
Yep, when i first saw all this for a few seconds i was like "wut?" :oops: Spoiled rich kid who treats everyone like crap? Commits a crime? Horrible friend? I mean, i always thought your humour and easygoing-ness of the story is fairly easy to get after just a few minutes of playing, but i guess not for everyone. I think Alfred was one of the first ever who had such a strong serious reaction. I can understand about him being upset over choices (which people kinda used to here), or wanting to get in Miranda's pants just after few updates (which, again, happens in these games more often than not), but that's way too over the limit.
That's something you'll have to deal with, or you can just not play the future versions, because I'm not going to change how I approach this game. The current way is what works for me as a creator
Always respect a dev who stays true to his\her vision. :) That's really valuable.
The hat is kinda awkward with her hair style, but I didn't like the outfit without it lol
Hah, and pirate without hat is not a pirate.
What made you guess Amari? And want to hazard a guess at any others?
I thought she might turn out to be Katie's acquintance, and considering Amari's the most rebellious looking of three i thought it was pretty ideal. Or that she might just appear in some event related to something like this. But photographer for Miranda? Nope. :p
As for the others, if any of your characters can appear, then i'll guess... Zalika maybe?

Dec 29, 2018
I think Alfred was one of the first ever who had such a strong serious reaction. I can understand about him being upset over choices (which people kinda used to here), or wanting to get in Miranda's pants just after few updates (which, again, happens in these games more often than not), but that's way too over the limit.
I'm most likely being unfair to her due to her being forced on me. After all, I didn't even like Megan from Acting Lessons and she's a great gal by any standards.

However, Katie just rubbed me the wrong way. I understand that her actions were supposed to come across as friendly teasing, but that wasn't the impression I got. It's like she has an "It's just a prank, bro" kind of personality. Sarah teases her about being short. Katie teases her by screwing the guy Sarah likes after promising her not to and then sends her a photo to rub it in. I just think that she takes things way too far, and it made me believe that she doesn't give a damn about Sarah.

As far as Miranda goes, I wasn't expecting her to instantly sleep with you and I would rather there be a build up to it. But I was expecting her to be the focus of the game, since she is the one referenced in the title. I thought that her and Sarah would be the main paths while the others would be optional side characters. I'm not interested in the other characters, so the idea of going through every other girl in town before eventually getting around to Miranda doesn't appeal to me. Especially with Katie at the centre of things.

I know that I'm really terrible at explaining things over the internet and that I always sound angrier that I intend, so I apologize if I sound like a raving lunatic here. But Katie just ruins the game for me. I saw several people confused by the hate she gets, and I wanted to try and point out that it's not just because she's missing her eyebrows. Although that certainly doesn't help things.

Sidereel

Mar 17, 2018
Sarah teases her about being short. Katie teases her by screwing the guy Sarah likes after promising her not to and then sends her a photo to rub it in. I just think that she takes things way too far, and it made me believe that she doesn't give a damn about Sarah.

What led you to believe that Sarah likes the MC? She's said on multiple occasions that she had no attraction to him. The only reason she said she didn't want Katie to sleep with him was so things didn't get awkward when Katie inevitably dumped him. The only time Sarah showed any interest in the MC was after seeing the nude photo because she hasn't had sex in a while.

Anyways, Besides Miranda, Katie is my favorite character. I like forward girls so I hope she sticks around for a while.

magus448

May 22, 2018
What led you to believe that Sarah likes the MC? She's said on multiple occasions that she had no attraction to him. The only reason she said she didn't want Katie to sleep with him was so things didn't get awkward when Katie inevitably dumped him. The only time Sarah showed any interest in the MC was after seeing the nude photo because she hasn't had sex in a while.

Anyways, Besides Miranda, Katie is my favorite character. I like forward girls so I hope she sticks around for a while.
Well she could just be saying that and they did kiss when they were younger. Maybe she did have feelings when they were younger, forgot about it with distance and they are coming back after seeing him.

Then again, she may only start having feelings later on.

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Pretty great story and unique characters. Katie seems fine i don't really understand the hate its not as she dumps MC after the fuck and picks another guy her character was very well detailed besides i think there's more to the story before comming to conclusions. Miranda and Madison seems pretty hot. Hypr for the next update cheers to dev..!!

@Oppai Auteur Will there be more romance with girls?
Glad you enjoyed the game :)

There will be romance in the future yeah

I thought she might turn out to be Katie's acquintance, and considering Amari's the most rebellious looking of three i thought it was pretty ideal. Or that she might just appear in some event related to something like this. But photographer for Miranda? Nope. :p
As for the others, if any of your characters can appear, then i'll guess... Zalika maybe?
Not every rebellious girl I have is connected to Katie lol

Zalika is a no unfortunately, she's a mechanic and none of the Old Friends cast own a car :p

I know that I'm really terrible at explaining things over the internet and that I always sound angrier that I intend, so I apologize if I sound like a raving lunatic here. But Katie just ruins the game for me. I saw several people confused by the hate she gets, and I wanted to try and point out that it's not just because she's missing her eyebrows. Although that certainly doesn't help things.
Everyone has their preference, that's cool. But as I said I don't plan to change my approach, so if its not for you, its not for you

Well she could just be saying that and they did kiss when they were younger. Maybe she did have feelings when they were younger, forgot about it with distance and they are coming back after seeing him.

Then again, she may only start having feelings later on.
The feelings developing later is the approach I'm going for, but even then it isn't exactly full on love or anything.

Its similar to Katie in terms of having fun, but with a bit more of a personal connection due to their history together

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Don't worry, i didn't think anything like that about your words. And i do see your points. I guess all that tease from Katie might be interpreted in a different way than what we saw in it, as in just a friendly jabs. Everyone have their own opinions. Btw, that point about Katie missing eyebrows was just me using a sort of running joke of this thread. :)
Not every rebellious girl I have is connected to Katie lol

Zalika is a no unfortunately, she's a mechanic and none of the Old Friends cast own a car :p
I know, but that was one of the easiest things i came up with. That girl like Amari might find some places she and Katie both go to. Clubs or something.
That's kinda sad about Zalika, i was especially hoping to see that glorious bombshell in at least some little event. I'll think more about who else can appear then.
The feelings developing later is the approach I'm going for, but even then it isn't exactly full on love or anything.

Its similar to Katie in terms of having fun, but with a bit more of a personal connection due to their history together
Man, i thought that was all just an act too, and that Sarah is already might be madly in love with James. :p

Reactions: Oppai Auteur

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
I know, but that was one of the easiest things i came up with. That girl like Amari might find some places she and Katie both go to. Clubs or something.
That's kinda sad about Zalika, i was especially hoping to see that glorious bombshell in at least some little event. I'll think more about who else can appear then.
I'm sure Zalika would be popular lol, but I am trying to make these cameos make sense in the context of the story

Man, i thought that was all just an act too, and that Sarah is already might be madly in love with James. :p
Who knows lol

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
The redo is progressing well guys!

My improved skills in Daz3D has helped things go faster than they have before, and its nice to use the better looking models as well

Here are some comparisons, hopefully the change is more noticeable than a resolution change, otherwise this is a waste of time lol

1. waiting_d.jpg JMbus A2.jpg

2. meeting_a.jpg JMbus C3.jpg

3. meeting_c.jpg JMbus D.jpg

4. meeting_g.jpg JMbus D4.jpg

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Okay, it's official. I've dedicated this weekend to catching up on all these games I've not played, since I have that "real life" thing occupying more of my time. Since I knew this was a relatively shorter update to get through, it's #2 on the list.

Overall, fun update. Sexiest yet, even if I have zero interest in Katie (sorry Oppai). Thoughts and comments in the ubiquitous spoiler box for non-player protection.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Overall, the story continues to show promise. Some of the rendering can still improve, but it IS improving as the dev learns more, so this, too, is encouraging.

I look forward to the mid-year update!

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Okay, it's official. I've dedicated this weekend to catching up on all these games I've not played, since I have that "real life" thing occupying more of my time. Since I knew this was a relatively shorter update to get through, it's #2 on the list.

Overall, fun update. Sexiest yet, even if I have zero interest in Katie (sorry Oppai).
Nice to know I merit such a high number, even if that's based on length lol ;)

Glad you enjoyed the new update, but as expected more dislike for poor Katie, she certainly attracted more than a few detractors this time :p

Better put my own response in a spoiler too

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Overall, the story continues to show promise. Some of the rendering can still improve, but it IS improving as the dev learns more, so this, too, is encouraging.

I look forward to the mid-year update!
I'm really hoping it doesn't take that long lol

Reactions: quinfax and Ooh

Ooh

Jun 9, 2018
Fantastic game.

First game I ever wrote a review for on this site mainly due to how fond I am of the massive potential this game has. I'll summarize my review by saying Miranda, Katie, and Pepper are all this game needs. All other Characters besides his Mom are not very attractive at all (Sarah looks like a 40 year old muscle bound futa with creepy pedo pigtails posing as an 18 year old. She looks older than the Mom for christ's sake) and should be completely optional. At least the models (Besides Sarah) are realistic tho. Very refreshing to not have to romance a cliche overused Daz model. I love how the Dev is very active and takes feedback in order to improve the game. It shows a genuine desire to get better.

The "Foreskin Fucking" really ruins the sex scenes. That's not how sex works. There's nothing wrong with being uncircumcised but please pull back the skin of the MC. If we ever get a chance to fuck Miranda I want it to be hard and proper. I also want it to be multiple times and sneaky like in Miranda's living room on the floor in front of a sleeping Sarah. Also some public fucking like on a hotel balcony in front of passers-by or on a public beach would automatically make this my pick for best VN ever.

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Fantastic game.

First game I ever wrote a review for on this site mainly due to how fond I am of the massive potential this game has.
Thanks for the review, glad you enjoyed it

I'll summarize my review by saying Miranda, Katie, and Pepper are all this game needs. All other Characters besides his Mom are not very attractive at all (Sarah looks like a 40 year old muscle bound futa with creepy pedo pigtails posing as an 18 year old. She looks older than the Mom for christ's sake) and should be completely optional. At least the models (Besides Sarah) are realistic tho. Very refreshing to not have to romance a cliche overused Daz model. I love how the Dev is very active and takes feedback in order to improve the game. It shows a genuine desire to get better.
I've already mentioned before, no one will be optional in this game. Eventually James will get with everyone at different points, you'll have to get used to characters you don't like appearing. All the relationships are part of the story!

The "Foreskin Fucking" really ruins the sex scenes. That's not how sex works. There's nothing wrong with being uncircumcised but please pull back the skin of the MC..
Unfortunately Daz3D doesn't give the option to retract it, you can only have a model be cut or uncut. I've already made him uncut so I'm just going to keep it that way, its just foreskin don't think its that big a deal

If we ever get a chance to fuck Miranda I want it to be hard and proper. I also want it to be multiple times and sneaky like in Miranda's living room on the floor in front of a sleeping Sarah. Also some public fucking like on a hotel balcony in front of passers-by or on a public beach would automatically make this my pick for best VN ever.
Lol Miranda isn't quite that adventurous, but we'll see what happens ;)

Ooh

Jun 9, 2018
Thanks for the review, glad you enjoyed it

I've already mentioned before, no one will be optional in this game. Eventually James will get with everyone at different points, you'll have to get used to characters you don't like appearing. All the relationships are part of the story!

Unfortunately Daz3D doesn't give the option to retract it, you can only have a model be cut or uncut. I've already made him uncut so I'm just going to keep it that way, its just foreskin don't think its that big a deal

Lol Miranda isn't quite that adventurous, but we'll see what happens ;)
WOW! Thank you for the responses and acknowledging my rants. The foreskin thing will no longer be a big deal for me, mark my words.

3.20 star(s) 26 Votes