3.20 star(s) 26 Votes

N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017
does anyone here actually like the she-hulk (apart from the dev himself i presume) even "her" face is manlier than 90% of the dudes i know.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
does anyone here actually like the she-hulk (apart from the dev himself i presume) even "her" face is manlier than 90% of the dudes i know.
That's rather bold of you to assume everyone have the same taste\opinion as you are. I'm not sure who do you mean by "she-hulk", i presume either Sarah or Katie. Then yes, i love both of them more or less. Not only attractiveness of faces or bodies, personalities and jokes are very much the soul of this game. And these two are adding the most of humour component so far.
But yeah, i can understand your line of thinking. Muscular chicks is not for everyone, and apparently neither is every other race other than caucasian. Asians mostly are more acceptable. That's what i learned from this forum's opinions. There was like maybe 10-20 people criticizing either Sarah or Katie after few updates, but not all of them were talking about their looks per se. More about personality. Personally, i don't see Sarah's or Katie's faces as less feminine than other ladies. They certainly don't look in any way masculine as "90% of the dudes" i know. Not at all, that's for sure. Maybe you have different experience with more androgynous\feminine looking men. I also generally like muscular chicks (when it's not too exaggerated), it's not adding to "masculinity" in my eyes if it's on good enough level like Sarah's.

Reactions: quinfax

N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017
That's rather bold of you to assume everyone have the same taste\opinion as you are. I'm not sure who do you mean by "she-hulk", i presume either Sarah or Katie. Then yes, i love both of them more or less. Not only attractiveness of faces or bodies, personalities and jokes are very much the soul of this game. And these two are adding the most of humour component so far.
But yeah, i can understand your line of thinking. Muscular chicks is not for everyone, and apparently neither is every other race other than caucasian. Asians mostly are more acceptable. That's what i learned from this forum's opinions. There was like maybe 10-20 people criticizing either Sarah or Katie after few updates, but not all of them were talking about their looks per se. More about personality. Personally, i don't see Sarah's or Katie's faces as less feminine than other ladies. They certainly don't look in any way masculine as "90% of the dudes" i know. Not at all, that's for sure. Maybe you have different experience with more androgynous\feminine looking men. I also generally like muscular chicks (when it's not too exaggerated), it's not adding to "masculinity" in my eyes if it's on good enough level like Sarah's.
yeah im talking about sarah. katie is also ugly but at least i wouldn't mistake her for a transvestite.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
i also like the joking around between characters but literally all of them have the same sense of humor.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Heh. I can't tell if you like the game or not.

To Dilettante's point, I don't care for Katie's personality all that much and, frankly, I'm just not a tat man. But "ugly"? You might have a narrow corridor for your view of attractive females.

Anyway, individuals can have their own tastes, but ascribing universal dislikes to your comments is not the most conducive way to open a discussion.

N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017

To Dilettante's point, I don't care for Katie's personality all that much and, frankly, I'm just not a tat man. But "ugly"? You might have a narrow corridor for your view of attractive females.

Anyway, individuals can have their own tastes, but ascribing universal dislikes to your comments is not the most conducive way to open a discussion.
well ugly is harsh, but her hair is enough to ruin her whole appearance. add to that lame tattoos and the cliche daddy issues boring personality.
i like the game because of the writing and dialogues. sex scenes are nothing special and hot looking girls definitely are not a strong point. miranda and pepper are the only good looking (and MC's mom but dont know how big of a role will she have)

Reactions: Oppai Auteur

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
"in my opinion"

That's the generally accepted view of comments. I accept that is your assessment and don't have a problem with it. It's all good and it helps a dev when he doesn't just hear "you're awesome" all the time, so good on you.

It's just when a comment can seem a little broad that there's that chance to trigger people. It's the internet and not a conversation, so the immediate clarification never happens and misunderstandings ensue.

Okay, enough acting like a school principal. I like the writing a lot, too. I think most of the women are attractive in their own fashion, though Miranda is currently my favorite, for numerous personal reasons.

I'm reserving my opinion on sex scenes until there is one with a female I like, since my view of the Katie action is colored by my preference to be with anyone other than her (heh).

I like the work that Oppai is doing and I like the fact that he continues to improve. Let's see what happens in future iterations.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
yeah im talking about sarah. katie is also ugly but at least i wouldn't mistake her for a transvestite.
"tell me this is not a masculine face"
It's not a masculine face to me. Nothing about her is masculine. Perfectly feminine So? What's your point? I can't change your mind anyway. You like Katie and Sarah, or you don't and call them "ugly transvestites". It's basically the most stupid argument you can ever have. Especially on forum like this one. You can't change someone's taste from talking, so why should i start explaining? It's not even the first time i see such comment coming from you on multiple threads. Highly subjective i mean. If i ever think about writing such comments (which i won't, as i just ignore games i don't like without commenting), i'll choose completely different style: "are there any other people that also don't like this girl?" Not assuming anything about 100% of players or insulting anything, just explaining why i don't like this or that girl's features, and trying to find if there's more people with such point.
i also like the joking around between characters but literally all of them have the same sense of humor.
It's called writer's style. And you don't expect Shakespeare coming here. What there is, is more than enough for me. Better than humour\writing in many other games i play here, and i play a lot.
well ugly is harsh, but her hair is enough to ruin her whole appearance. add to that lame tattoos and the cliche daddy issues boring personality.
i like the game because of the writing and dialogues. sex scenes are nothing special and hot looking girls definitely are not a strong point. miranda and pepper are the only good looking (and MC's mom but dont know how big of a role will she have)
I guess the only thing i can say we are similar in, is milfs\mature. Which i'm also a big fan of. But i can perfectly appreciate "youngsters" too, so it's not a top priority.
"in my opinion"

That's the generally accepted view of comments. I accept that is your assessment and don't have a problem with it. It's all good and it helps a dev when he doesn't just hear "you're awesome" all the time, so good on you.

It's just when a comment can seem a little broad that there's that chance to trigger people. It's the internet and not a conversation, so the immediate clarification never happens and misunderstandings ensue.

Okay, enough acting like a school principal. I like the writing a lot, too. I think most of the women are attractive in their own fashion, though Miranda is currently my favorite, for numerous personal reasons.

I'm reserving my opinion on sex scenes until there is one with a female I like, since my view of the Katie action is colored by my preference to be with anyone other than her (heh).

I like the work that Oppai is doing and I like the fact that he continues to improve. Let's see what happens in future iterations.
I think quite a few of us here are always ready to write constructive critic. Renders, writing, anything. It's not "you're awesome" all the time, at least i can say that from my point. Even though i do prefer to write what i liked most of the time than what i don't.
But i wouldn't even call this type of comments as critic tbh. Even if he added "in my opinion" and rephrased his comments in more acceptable style, it won't change in my eyes. Just highly subjective piece "i like this, and i think that girl is ugly". It's not helping the dev at all. He doesn't like Katie's tattoos? I do. He doesn't like muscles? I do. He doesn't like Katie's hairstyle? I do. He doesn't like Katie's "cliche daddy issues"? I do etc. Of course Oppai already knows that not everyone likes Sarah and Katie, nothing new here. I don't think "ideal beauty" even exist on this forum at all. No matter if it's popular game with highest quality renders, someone will hate one of your girls anyway. Yes, even if she's like Aphrodite or some other legendary beauty. So why start argument then? Pretty much the same can be said about writing and humour.

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I'd disagree there, Dilettante. I think you're taking too narrow a view.

First, he points out he thinks the faces are not feminine enough. That's a valid point of view. I may not share it, but it is valid.

He also points out the humor is similar among all characters. That is also valid. Could the author decide to change some of the language up a bit to differentiate? That's certainly within Oppai's purview and thus constructive.

I absolutely believe couching the commentary properly makes all the difference. In fact, your saying "it's not helping the dev at all" is just as constricting. How do we know what comments benefit the developer?

And, my "you're awesome" comment was not directed at anyone, it was used as a comparative illustration. I think Oppai generates some pretty free and open discussion, of which N1 is certainly allowed to participate.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017

First, he points out he thinks the faces are not feminine enough. That's a valid point of view. I may not share it, but it is valid.
He mentioned only two of the girls are not "feminine" in his eyes though. And many other people do like them on other hand. So what this comment can change? Like i said, especially if it's not new point. I'm sure some people really hate big breasts (i remember such comment here too), so dev should change everything because that person said so? Should the dev cater to only one small group at all?
He also points out the humor is similar among all characters. That is also valid. Could the author decide to change some of the language up a bit to differentiate? That's certainly within Oppai's purview and thus constructive.
Maybe so, of course there's always room for improvement. That's the point i can see. But some might like humour as it is, or disagree with this "humor's similarity" point. It also depends on how much it can change.
I absolutely believe couching the commentary properly makes all the difference. In fact, your saying "it's not helping the dev at all" is just as constricting. How do we know what comments benefit the developer?
I base my "not helping" on what i know about Oppai's point, what he already said at various points of development about this, and my general understanding of "what's helping developer". For me these comments seem like just the "normal" type that appears in every thread. In much less harsh style, but it's normal. These comments "i don't like girl" and "not feminine" appear everywhere, the most popular games or small starting ones. How do we know if it's benefit anybody or it's just subjective thing? I guess the easiest way is "majority vs minority", but also dev's opinion and taste should matter. And if like only few people thinks Katie and Sarah's "ugly", then maybe it's just their taste and it's not some sorta model's "bug" or anything like that.
I also can say that the less harsh you are and the more constructive your comment is, the more chances that your point will be heard. And I doubt most of the devs here will take N1K17Y's words as anything "helping" or valid really. Maybe you think otherwise.

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
You've made my point for me, so I rest my case. Heh.

But, one last one: active threads are a good thing for all developers. It attracts more eyes and hopefully more players. As long as it's civil, someone saying a girl is "ugly" (in his/her view) should be fine with all involved.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017

But, one last one: active threads are a good thing for all developers. It attracts more eyes and hopefully more players. As long as it's civil, someone saying a girl is "ugly" (in his/her view) should be fine with all involved.
I generally agree, yes. Any comments and discussion helps. This game definitely needs and deserves much more "active" audience than what there is now.

Oppai Auteur

Developer of Old Friends and Public Transport
Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
*Whistle*

Seems you can miss a lot working one shift

Sarah has been a divisive character, but she does have her fans....I'm not the only one lol

The only one I don't care for is Katie, which gives Oppai no end of pleasure, since he loves her.
I do so enjoy inflicting her on others!

People just have there preferences, I get that

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The image you posted is from an early version of the game. The 1080p redo that is currently in progress will have some minor alterations to the models. One of which is Sarah. I applied a youth morph to her face to make her look younger which has also softened it a bit. So you might feel different about her face when that comes out.

I don't expect you to suddenly find her attractive but you might find her less manly lol

I'll watch out for same sense of humor in the future, don't want everyone to come off as the same

Well, its seems he likes it, even if he finds somethings unpleasant

Which is good enough for me lol!

Well at least you admit you were harsh haha

You aren't the first to vocally dislike Katie, but as @Ignatz said above she is my fav to write so you might have to get used to her :p

The MC's mom, Madison, wont have a huge role, she'll be recurring but as I've said before there wont be incest so i don't know if you want to count her among the good models

Miranda is still my best girl anyway :cool:

"in my opinion"

I'm not looking to have an echo chamber for a thread, when that happens no one wins. I don't mind if people are vocal about there dislikes as long as we can keep it civil

Which so far we seem to have managed, I think the worse we had was troll review that had to be deleted

It's not a masculine face to me. Nothing about her is masculine. Perfectly feminine So? What's your point? I can't change your mind anyway. You like Katie and Sarah, or you don't and call them "ugly transvestites". It's basically the most stupid argument you can ever have. Especially on forum like this one. You can't change someone's taste from talking, so why should i start explaining? It's not even the first time i see such comment coming from you on multiple threads. Highly subjective i mean. If i ever think about writing such comments (which i won't, as i just ignore games i don't like without commenting), i'll choose completely different style: "are there any other people that also don't like this girl?" Not assuming anything about 100% of players or insulting anything, just explaining why i don't like this or that girl's features, and trying to find if there's more people with such point.

It's called writer's style. And you don't expect Shakespeare coming here. What there is, is more than enough for me. Better than humour\writing in many other games i play here, and i play a lot.

I guess the only thing i can say we are similar in, is milfs\mature. Which i'm also a big fan of. But i can perfectly appreciate "youngsters" too, so it's not a top priority.

I think quite a few of us here are always ready to write constructive critic. Renders, writing, anything. It's not "you're awesome" all the time, at least i can say that from my point. Even though i do prefer to write what i liked most of the time than what i don't.
But i wouldn't even call this type of comments as critic tbh. Even if he added "in my opinion" and rephrased his comments in more acceptable style, it won't change in my eyes. Just highly subjective piece "i like this, and i think that girl is ugly". It's not helping the dev at all. He doesn't like Katie's tattoos? I do. He doesn't like muscles? I do. He doesn't like Katie's hairstyle? I do. He doesn't like Katie's "cliche daddy issues"? I do etc. Of course Oppai already knows that not everyone likes Sarah and Katie, nothing new here. I don't think "ideal beauty" even exist on this forum at all. No matter if it's popular game with highest quality renders, someone will hate one of your girls anyway. Yes, even if she's like Aphrodite or some other legendary beauty. So why start argument then? Pretty much the same can be said about writing and humour.
I actually didn't mind the criticism on the sense of humor. Comedy is a big part of my writing but I don't want every character to come off the same when it comes to that. It is something I'll be taking into consideration

Taste in models is a more personal thing, so I can get the dislike. In the end its up to me if I want to act on that

And, my "you're awesome" comment was not directed at anyone, it was used as a comparative illustration. I think Oppai generates some pretty free and open discussion, of which N1 is certainly allowed to participate.
Pretty much agree with this, yeah!

He mentioned only two of the girls are not "feminine" in his eyes though. And many other people do like them on other hand. So what this comment can change? Like i said, especially if it's not new point. I'm sure some people really hate big breasts (i remember such comment here too), so dev should change everything because that person said so? Should the dev cater to only one small group at all?

Maybe so, of course there's always room for improvement. That's the point i can see. But some might like humour as it is, or disagree with this "humor's similarity" point. It also depends on how much it can change.

I base my "not helping" on what i know about Oppai's point, what he already said at various points of development about this, and my general understanding of "what's helping developer". For me these comments seem like just the "normal" type that appears in every thread. In much less harsh style, but it's normal. These comments "i don't like girl" and "not feminine" appear everywhere, the most popular games or small starting ones. How do we know if it's benefit anybody or it's just subjective thing? I guess the easiest way is "majority vs minority", but also dev's opinion and taste should matter. And if like only few people thinks Katie and Sarah's "ugly", then maybe it's just their taste and it's not some sorta model's "bug" or anything like that.
I also can say that the less harsh you are and the more constructive your comment is, the more chances that your point will be heard. And I doubt most of the devs here will take N1K17Y's words as anything "helping" or valid really. Maybe you think otherwise.
Even if I decide not to act on the comments, they are still aloud to be put here. I get you don't think they are very helpful and I apperciate you wanting people to be constructive. But he still leave these kind of comments if he wishes

Like I said above, I did find the point about the sense of humor useful, so no harm done.

Not everything in a post someone leaves is going to helpful, but if even a little bit is then I think we all benefit in the long run

Again, pretty much agree with all this

I generally agree, yes. Any comments and discussion helps. This game definitely needs and deserves much more "active" audience than what there is now.
Don't if I 'deserve' a more active audience, but I'll happily take it if one comes along. I'm grateful for what I have already, it is still surprising to me I have as many people around here now as I do lol

I'll end this by saying any comments are welcome, as long as its civil and follows the forum rules

@N1K17Y Thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed some of the game, hopefully the parts you don't like wont put you off it completely later down the line lol

@Ignatz @Dilettante Thanks for jumping in to add to the discussion, appreciate the continued interest in my work

Cheers folks!

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
*Whistle*

Seems you can miss a lot working one shift
Hehe, yeah. Though in my experience here it's far from being the worst. In some of the threads i follow i had notifications and already 4-5 pages of arguments all written in 1-2 hours.
Miranda is still my best girl anyway :cool:
I'm sure she will easily be in top 3 of "favourite girls" poll.
I actually didn't mind the criticism on the sense of humor. Comedy is a big part of my writing but I don't want every character to come off the same when it comes to that. It is something I'll be taking into consideration

Taste in models is a more personal thing, so I can get the dislike. In the end its up to me if I want to act on that
Yeah, like i said, i see his points. Especially humour part. And even if don't really agree that all characters have the same jokes, i'd love to see more funnier "improved" situations in redux. Who wouldn't? ;)
I'm not looking to have an echo chamber for a thread, when that happens no one wins. I don't mind if people are vocal about there dislikes as long as we can keep it civil

Which so far we seem to have managed, I think the worse we had was troll review that had to be deleted
Can't say i remember that one. But yeah, considering what i've seen in some other threads, it's almost pristine in terms of civility.
Even if I decide not to act on the comments, they are still aloud to be put here. I get you don't think they are very helpful and I apperciate you wanting people to be constructive. But he still leave these kind of comments if he wishes

Like I said above, I did find the point about the sense of humor useful, so no harm done.

Not everything in a post someone leaves is going to helpful, but if even a little bit is then I think we all benefit in the long run
Well, i didn't say he wasn't allowed to post any opinions here. That would be highly strange. I was only refering to starting argument like "tell me if it's masculine" about something subjective as tastes, which he was doing. He was questioning "us" from the very first comment, if we like Sarah or not. So i did answer. Plus, kinda trying to find out "why" and his line of thinking. Of course you would know what's helpful or not better than anyone else here. It was just my thoughts.
Don't if I 'deserve' a more active audience, but I'll happily take it if one comes along. I'm grateful for what I have already, it is still surprising to me I have as many people around here now as I do lol
I'm saying that based on my experience comparing other games, quality etc. And how much time pass before games mostly become more "popular".

Oppai Auteur

Developer of Old Friends and Public Transport
Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Hehe, yeah. Though in my experience here it's far from being the worst. In some of the threads i follow i had notifications and already 4-5 pages of arguments all written in 1-2 hours.
Not looking forward to that if it ever happens lol

I'm sure she will easily be in top 3 of "favourite girls" poll.
As she should be :p

Yeah, like i said, i see his points. Especially humour part. And even if don't really agree that all characters have the same jokes, i'd love to see more funnier "improved" situations in redux. Who wouldn't? ;)
I'm sure we'll get one who says the old version was better lol

Can't say i remember that one. But yeah, considering what i've seen in some other threads, it's almost pristine in terms of civility.
It was someone being very vocal about their dislike for Katie

Well, i didn't say he wasn't allowed to post any opinions here. That would be highly strange. I was only refering to starting argument like "tell me if it's masculine" about something subjective as tastes, which he was doing. He was questioning "us" from the very first comment, if we like Sarah or not. So i did answer. Plus, kinda trying to find out "why" and his line of thinking. Of course you would know what's helpful or not better than anyone else here. It was just my thoughts.
Fair enough, just thought you went all in on such a short comment right away lol

I'm saying that based on my experience comparing other games, quality etc. And how much time pass before games mostly become more "popular".
Guess we'll see how long that takes for me haha

3.20 star(s) 26 Votes