3.20 star(s) 26 Votes

Oppai Auteur

Developer of Old Friends and Public Transport
Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
To be honest, it looks fine to me. My only question is, what is that jacket dude is wearing? It looks a bit short at the waist :unsure:
Just a random jacket I got in a bundle, I don't have a lot of jackets for the Gen 3 male model so I just used what I had

It looks a little blurry to me.
Cool, probably means I need to let it render longer then

magus448

May 22, 2018
I wonder if it would be quicker to render them each in the same scene separately then cut a photo of them all into the same scene. Though matching the images with the background to not make it seem so obvious might be a pain.

Then again that may only work with scenes of them just standing separately like in the picture and not interacting physically with each other.

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
I wonder if it would be quicker to render them each in the same scene separately then cut a photo of them all into the same scene. Though matching the images with the background to not make it seem so obvious might be a pain.
The matching issue is actually the reason I never do that for my renders

I hate the final look because its always clear they have been pasted on top of the background. It fucks with the lighting and shadows

Reactions: quinfax

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Concur with it being a tad bit blurry, mostly on the faces. It's pretty great overall, and I personally don't mind it like that.
Thanks man, glad it isn't to bad

But I think I can render it for a little longer to try and avoid that

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Hey guys, still having that GPU/CPU issue, so things are still going a little slow

That's why I need your help!

The render I'm putting in this post was done slowly due to this problem, but I didn't let it cook completely because the render time would have turned out over 8 fucking hours :eek:.

Basically I want you to tell me how it looks to you, by that I'm more refering to sharpness or grain issues rather than the composition or camera angle. I'm then going to adjust it based on the feedback. I'm trying to get some good quality but not have them be 8 hours per render, that just isn't going to work.

It will be the fucking summer before I'm done if I do that lol

Anyway, here is the render, so be sure to leave feedback!

Thanks guys
Yeah, i agree with what Ignatz and others have said. Overall very good quality, maybe just a little bit more "cooking" and will be perfect i think. But it's much better than just "not too bad" if compared to the other games i play. And compared to the first release of Old Friends it's a pretty much another galaxy. No grain issues that i can see. In any case, I don't think many people will notice or mention a bit of blur even if you leave it like that.

Reactions: Oppai Auteur

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Yeah, i agree with what Ignatz and others have said. Overall very good quality, maybe just a little bit more "cooking" and will be perfect i think. But it's much better than just "not too bad" if compared to the other games i play. And compared to the first release of Old Friends it's a pretty much another galaxy. No grain issues that i can see. In any case, I don't think many people will notice or mention a bit of blur even if you leave it like that.
Its kinda hard to unsee once pointed out lol

I don't mind letting them cook for just a little longer to avoid this anyway

gubl

May 31, 2018
Hey guys, still having that GPU/CPU issue, so things are still going a little slow

That's why I need your help!

The render I'm putting in this post was done slowly due to this problem, but I didn't let it cook completely because the render time would have turned out over 8 fucking hours :eek:.

Basically I want you to tell me how it looks to you, by that I'm more refering to sharpness or grain issues rather than the composition or camera angle. I'm then going to adjust it based on the feedback. I'm trying to get some good quality but not have them be 8 hours per render, that just isn't going to work.

It will be the fucking summer before I'm done if I do that lol

Anyway, here is the render, so be sure to leave feedback!

View attachment 247285

Thanks guys
If this is final resolution, I agreee, it may use more sharpness. Although, some baseline image for comparison may help, to judge how much is to sacrify.

Images are just half, we like your game for cast and their charisma :)
Ps. damn, when I see Sara’s six p ack I get jealous :)

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
If this is final resolution, I agreee, it may use more sharpness. Although, some baseline image for comparison may help, to judge how much is to sacrify.
Not sure what you mean by baseline image?

Do you mean a render I have already finished that is the level of quality I'm aiming for?

Images are just half, we like your game for cast and their charisma :)
Ps. damn, when I see Sara’s six p ack I get jealous :)
I'm glad people like my characters so much, doesn't mean I should slack on my render quality lol

And lots of people would be jealous of abs as good as Sarah's :p

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
I've readjusted the render settings based on feedback you guys gave earlier. I was actually able to get the render time down, a little. From 8 hours, to 6 hours 30 min *sigh*

Isn't making games fun! :mad:

Anyway, to try and prove this effort is actually worth the pay off lol

Here are some comparisons of the old and new Day 1 renders, old is on the left, new is on the right...Although I would hope that would be obvious lol

Day 1

jmorn_a.jpg Jmorn A.jpg

mmake_a.jpg Mdress A.jpg

msjcof_a.jpg MSJcafe A.jpg

msjcof_b.jpg MSJcafe B.jpg

msmorn_a.jpg Smorn A.jpg

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
I've readjusted the render settings based on feedback you guys gave earlier. I was actually able to get the render time down, a little. From 8 hours, to 6 hours 30 min *sigh*

Here are some comparisons of the old and new Day 1 renders, old is on the left, new is on the right...Although I would hope that would be obvious lol
Yep, it is obvious. :D As i was saying - it's a day and night. Not only quality, also poses and more emotion. Overall, all those look pretty much perfect to me now. Worth the effort i'd say.
I pity you and your pc though for sure. I guess 6 hours 30 min is still much better than 8 hours. Maybe we will see the update before the end of spring after all. :p

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018

Day 1

View attachment 250264 View attachment 250263

View attachment 250266 View attachment 250265

View attachment 250269 View attachment 250267

View attachment 250270 View attachment 250268

View attachment 250271 View attachment 250272
Man the redo renders look fantastic. :love: 6h and 30 minutes of fantastic to be exact. :p
I appreciate the effort to make the game looking better and better.
Excelsior

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
We are slowly but surely making our way through these long renders, hopefully they'll be done by the end of this week. I want to try and get Day 1's redo complete by the first week of March.

Anyway, while we wait, here is cameo number 2 from the art thread!

It's Luba!

Those on the art thread know her. If you don't, jump on over there and have a look (Link in my sig!)

MSJcafe C4.jpg

(As with the previous Amari appearance, she won't be a main or side character, just a fun cameo!)

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018
We are slowly but surely making our way through these long renders, hopefully they'll be done by the end of this week. I want to try and get Day 1's redo complete by the first week of March.

It's Luba!

Those on the art thread know her. If you don't, jump on over there and have a look (Link in my sig!)

View attachment 253181

(As with the previous Amari appearance, she won't be a main or side character, just a fun cameo!)
Nice going on the renders.

Luba doesn't look to be enjoying her job at the moment. :) Maybe watching the clock till her shift ends.

Excelsior

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017

It's Luba!

Haha, not only Luba's mad as hell, but she's doesn't look even a little bit fitting for this role\profession at all. :LOL: Maybe singer, maybe model, maybe gangster or even sports but not service job. I guess she's just starting from something small. And maybe her attitude or personality doesn't really help.

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Nice going on the renders.

Luba doesn't look to be enjoying her job at the moment. :) Maybe watching the clock till her shift ends.

Excelsior
Haha, not only Luba's mad as hell, but she's doesn't look even a little bit fitting for this role\profession at all. :LOL: Maybe singer, maybe model, maybe gangster or even sports but not service job. I guess she's just starting from something small. And maybe her attitude or personality doesn't really help.
Gotta pay the bills somehow lol

3.20 star(s) 26 Votes