3.20 star(s) 26 Votes

Oppai Auteur

Developer of Old Friends and Public Transport
Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
UncleVT Requesting the on-hold tag be applied to this

I know I've opened a few posts with this joke before, so I'll clarify that this one isn't a laugh

Real life, plus regular PC issues, and some dissatisfaction at my progress when it comes to skill development, have killed the motivation to work on this right now. I used to be doing work on this almost daily, now I'm struggling to make it a day a week. Work hasn't stopped completely, but I want to feel like I want to work on it, not because I have to.

So I've decided I need to take a break from this, for a little while at least. Something like this happening was actually the reason I wouldn't make a patreon account or something similar. I couldn't guarantee regular updates due to how real life affected my motivation, translation, I'm on medication

"We've heard that shit from other devs!" Yeah I know, but I haven't taken your money and I don't fucking care if you don't believe me, so kindly fuck off, and to those who believe me keep reading

I'm usually more chill than that, but I'm drawing a hard fucking line when it comes to people not believing mental health issues due to some stupid fucking scammers who want another month of patreon cash

I do feel the need to clarify I'm not leaving this forum and just disappearing, never to return again. I'm on here pretty regulary and I don't just look at my own work. I'll still be here if anyone jumps in on the thread to ask things or such. And I might at least post the odd render on my art thread, as well.

But I will update this thread if anything changes. Although if they do, I would likely just come back with an update when its done, rather than tell people I'm back to work and then have them wondering when it will arrive

Thanks to those who have played up to this point, I appreciate all the feedback and the time you spent checking out my work, hopefully I'll see you back sometime.

And sorry to those who were looking forward to more with Miranda and the other girls, I hope you find other, much better, games on here to fill the void

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Do what you need to do to feel better, That's the very important thing.

I always will wait to the new update, but that isn't the priority here.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Welp, as a person who has worked in creative, I can speak for vacuums of inspiration. And that's without ancillary impediments.

You've never made any promises to us, anyway. Even though a few of us would have been happy to support, you kept to your scruples about the development.

I both respect your decision and wish you better health balance, whatever the root cause (no need for exploration over social media).

Best wishes for the holiday season and beyond.

(see, not such a bad person, really...)

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
Sad to hear you are feeling burnt out and unmotivated. You know it already from the messages in this thread and your art thread, but many of us love and enjoy your work, so a big thank you for all you've done so far! Sure hope you get back to feeling good and the creative spark reappears...but mostly that you get well and stay that way. Take care of yourself!

Reactions: Oppai Auteur

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018
No problemo my friend. Sometimes you just have to push the chair out and walk away from something for a while.
Especially during this time of year. While you do your thing I will dream of large lusty women.

Excelsior

3.20 star(s) 26 Votes