3.20 star(s) 26 Votes

SandmansMisery

Sky Squad!
Donor
Jun 24, 2019
I wasn't targeting you specifically, your just one of quite a few who have brought this up

Its something I just don't get
I guess most people just want to have there own touch add to the game. When playing as yourself as the Mc you care more about the choices you make. When your playing as James you DON'T connect with the Mc an it just feels blank.

Reactions: Oppai Auteur

Oppai Auteur

Developer of Old Friends and Public Transport
Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
I guess most people just want to have there own touch add to the game. When playing as yourself as the Mc you care more about the choices you make. When your playing as James you DON'T connect with the Mc an it just feels blank.
I guess I approach these games differently, the last thing I want is to be reminded of is myself lol

• Thinking Face
Reactions: quinfax

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Welp, I don't play many of these "games" anymore (and really, this is more a classic "novel" than a game) and I spend even less time posting here...

But...

When I see something from good ol' Oppai and his bevy of bountiful buxom beauties, I am compelled to comment here. Mostly because, there is nowhere else to leave a comment to him. Nyahh.
Well I'm flattered my game still brings you around

So, since it's been a while (I browsed the thread and Oppai did the count for people in an earlier post - go find it, OCD'ers), I decided to start from the beginning. That's when I started scratching my head for real. I mean, hey man, I don't remember this stuff...Madison is in the game. What? She was just a render queen, never to be seen.
Come on, Madison deserves more than that :p

Once my confusion allowed other parts of my brain to figure out Oppai had added a prologue, I got back to reading the story. And now for something completely the same, comments from my personal views. Castigate someone else if you don't agree, since these are personal opinions. They are not commands to the various posters/readers/trollers that abound. 'Nuff said.

1. Sorry, but the first thing I noticed were countless grammar and spelling mistakes. What can I say. Writer by trade and adult game proofreader by choice (limited to two devs, currently). I'm unable to "unsee" them, so they stand out like a vast bowl of pus (yes, another MPFC reference).
I guess my brain just glosses over those, I'll be sure to go back over the game and see if I spot them when I'm more focused....or I'll just miss them all over again lol

2. The prologue was great. Really sets up the backstory for Madison and Miranda (and so sad Oppai doesn't want to offer us M&M's). The Miranda modeling scene was also helpful in establishing her shaky self-confidence. Just waiting for some random handsome stud to boost her self-esteem. Oh, if only there were some random handsome stud that could surprisingly show up in her life. Oh well, not much hope of that...
Nah there is no one like that in the game I can think of, oh well I'm sure things will work out somehow

3. The graphics are SO much improved. Wow. I remember my single most frequent complaint (outside of Katie - yeah, don't think I've forgotten that, buddy) was how dark the whole thing was. Now, we're not talking dark as in "I am Batman", we're talking dark as in "I can't see what's going on". That is wonderfully and appreciatively fixed. Good job!
I am pretty happy with how most of the 1080p renders turned out, glad to get those old grainy dark renders out of there

4. I had forgotten how Katie-centric the story had been up to this point. Ugh. All these godly full-bodied mature women around and we get episode after episode of the painted pierced pixie. Sigh. She's Oppai's fave, so we're stuck with her. Ah well, maybe we'll get a Pepper and pepper (salt already included) night out after work some time...less than 10 months, for sure, right?
Hey don't insult my fav girl......and I'm aiming for a December 2020 release:sneaky:

5. I still like the story. Sure, James is a little wimpy, letting the women have the upper hand for the first five episodes, but I expect him to start exercising (no pun intended - for a change) his right to choose coming up. I select two from column B (work) and one from column A (the incomparable M).
I do intend for him to be a little more assertive in the future

And that's enough. I already feel the eyes from the F place beginning to notice my presence. Perish and forfend that I be spotted spending time here and a clamoring begin for my return (from my 3 or 4 "fans").

Good to see you made it all the way through, Oppai. Clean up that damn dialogue. If you ever do decide to make it a "real" thing instead of a creative exercise, look me up and I'll give you a full proofread.

Take care and Make Mine Miranda! (only old people will get the reference)
I'll keep you in mind if I go full time, although not sure if I want to subject someone to my poor scripting on a regular basis lol

....And I'm to young to get the reference, I think, or I'm old but don't get it anyway

• Thinking Face

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Welp, Madison DOES deserve better than that, but since you aren't doing an incest game (how refreshing) and any sex involving her will have people screaming NTR (incorrectly), I guess, outside of some girl-girl action with Miranda, we won't be visiting that body in any extensive way.

As for the reference, yes, you would have to be reading Marvel comics in the 70's. THAT old...

Looking forward to your Christmas gift to us all.

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Welp, Madison DOES deserve better than that, but since you aren't doing an incest game (how refreshing) and any sex involving her will have people screaming NTR (incorrectly), I guess, outside of some girl-girl action with Miranda, we won't be visiting that body in any extensive way.
What's sad is that Madison/NTR comment is completely on point

Ok this coffee cup/tray scene is annoying as fuck lol Pepper put the FUCKING TRAY DOWN!!!!!!!!! lol
Just went through the renders and code, I forgot to render an image of her speaking without the tray lol

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Hey folks, time to provide some info on the next update

The next version is going to be labelled 0.00051, and it will cover one day of the story, that being Day 7.

Yeah, everything so far in this story has happened in just over a week.

The new day has the introduction of the newest character, Fiona. She is the boss of James, Ariana and Pepper, and she is also Katie's older sister. Her introduction will actually give some nudges to the Pepper relationship, so I'm sure some of you will be happy to hear that.

Apart from that we will have a night out a the club with James, Katie and Sarah. This will feature some development of the Sarah relationship, and the events that lead to this night out will also further dive into the history of Katie and Sarah.

We are going to see my attempts at rendering dancing with still images, and what happens when those three get really drunk.

Hopefully you will all enjoy that!

And Miranda!...she's in this version, for a little bit anyway...

What!....I cant just force her into the story because you all like her!

I'm trying to have this story make some sense!...kinda

More content with her will be here soon, I think anyway....don't take that as gospel

Anyway onto some more technical stuff, mostly involving the renders. In a lot of the recent renders I've managed to make the lighting more bright and clear. However a lot of the buildings I've used have white walls, and when you combine bright lights with white surfaces, you get blinding white all over the place. And this was pointed out by some people at different points. But at the time I didn't really have a solution, well I might have one now!

Well, it depends on the feedback I get with the render I'm going to post. Basically I want you guys to tell if the render below actually fixes the problem?

Jwake A.jpg

Anyway, look forward to the next version and thanks for sticking with me all this time!

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Was there a problem? I must not have noticed. I mean, there was a problem, obviously, but that was not enough fun time with one or more of the below:

1. Miranda
2. Pepper
3. Ariana

Since you've labeled next episode "Young love", I guess that problem won't be resolved anytime soon...

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
So that's how she was able to just wander on up to James' floor.
I'm not sure who you mean?

Was there a problem? I must not have noticed. I mean, there was a problem, obviously, but that was not enough fun time with one or more of the below:

1. Miranda
2. Pepper
3. Ariana

Since you've labeled next episode "Young love", I guess that problem won't be resolved anytime soon...
Patience, good things come to those who wait...maybe, no promises!

• Thinking Face

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Hey, I'm just along for the (bus) ride, it's your story.

By the way, when do we get that bus scene? Five episodes in and no actual interaction on public transportation yet? Gyp.

magus448

May 22, 2018
Katie. I'm guessing if she didn't know the boss she would be told to wait in the lobby instead of being some stranger walking around their place of business.

Reactions: Oppai Auteur

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Hey, I'm just along for the (bus) ride, it's your story.

By the way, when do we get that bus scene? Five episodes in and no actual interaction on public transportation yet? Gyp.
Those bus assets are expensive you know

Katie. I'm guessing if she didn't know the boss she would be told to wait in the lobby instead of being some stranger walking around their place of business.
Oh yeah, now I get what you mean

3.20 star(s) 26 Votes