violet.rain

Aug 19, 2020
I ask because it does nothing for me.
What it does is that it pulls out the list of all variables you can edit in the game. After that, to change stuff, you actually have to change those values. Let's say you type in
JavaScript:
SugarCube.state.active.variables
and hit enter, you should see the console print out something. If you click on it (in Chrome, at least), it will open up with a bunch of values. Now, you have 2 ways of changing variables. One way is (in Chrome, haven't tested in other browsers), you double-click the value you want to edit - say, money, for example. Double-click on the numerical value (you do NOT wanna change the variable name), which will give you the option to edit it. You can then change it to some other number, and then just hit enter to save it. After you click on anything that navigates you to a new screen (for example Description in the menu), you should see the changes reflect in your game.

The other option (and my preferred way, as it's much faster), is to just use the console command. You can instead type in
JavaScript:
SugarCube.state.active.variables.money = 5000
and hit enter to change the values. This is much faster in my opinion, since the console will give autofill the values for you - if you just type
JavaScript:
SugarCube.state.active.variables.
, you'll get a dropdown list of all the values you can edit, which is for me as a coder much faster than scrolling and double-clicking things.

One thing to note, if you want to change something that's not numerical in value - your name, for example - make sure to wrap the text in quotes. This is for other Twine games, because I don't think this one allows you to edit any String variables, but if there was a game where you could change your name, you would have to type stuff like
JavaScript:
SugarCube.state.active.variables.playerName = 'James'

wenwen500

Jul 1, 2019
something stucked at
“Now where were we…” Ted muses, tapping a thoughtful finger over his chin, “Oh, now I remember!”.

and i can‘t continue the story

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Is the sissification forced? I can't stand that stuff.
Two major paths. Sticking to the dom path it's fairly easily avoided, iirc.

(It may be largely avoidable on the sub path as well, don't remember.)

mlurker

Nov 19, 2020
Add the forced gay tag to this shit. All the routes are terribly written. Your choices don't matter and when you expect a choice there is none and your character just goes along with it.

• Angry
Reactions: xxx_chris2018

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Add the forced gay tag to this shit. All the routes are terribly written. Your choices don't matter and when you expect a choice there is none and your character just goes along with it.
All gay content is avoidable in the first week. The second week is incomplete and you may get shunted into some scenes as placeholders for now until the alternatives are added.

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
Half the people can't get the gay tag right, I really don't trust them to figure out how to do a "forced gay" tag.
No they do get it right, the tag is meant to be there if the game has **any** man on man content.
So gay focus would mean that it's mostly gay or just gay content

Also, a bunch of people ignore the tags for games anyways and then get mad when it's pointed out that a gay game doesn't have straight relationships.
Yeah, that's mainly cus games have like 12-50 tags, you cant filter stuff out, and you only see the tags in small print when you hover over tumbnails. (which no everyone can even see, if they are on phones or tablets and what not)

xxx_chris2018

Oct 29, 2018
No they do get it right, the tag is meant to be there if the game has **any** man on man content.
So gay focus would mean that it's mostly gay or just gay content
I understand that. But some people (including mods) consider f/f to be gay (even though there's a lesbian tag). Futa on anybody is gay (even though that's not gay, that's futa). The number of games with the gay tag that have 0 m/m content is astounding. Believe me, I'm only interested in m/m content and there's so many games with none of it, yet still have the tag because there's a chick with a dick in there somewhere. Or a man, becomes a woman, then has sex with a man (with all the images being f/m), that's somehow gay even though there is no man ever touching another man.

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
I understand that. But some people (including mods) consider f/f to be gay (even though there's a lesbian tag). Futa on anybody is gay (even though that's not gay, that's futa). The number of games with the gay tag that have 0 m/m content is astounding. Believe me, I'm only interested in m/m content and there's so many games with none of it, yet still have the tag because there's a chick with a dick in there somewhere. Or a man, becomes a woman, then has sex with a man (with all the images being f/m), that's somehow gay even though there is no man ever touching another man.
Nerver seen that happen, if you spot that report it too the mods. (Most the time the mods just take peoples words, hence a few games might be miss tagged)

3.80 star(s) 9 Votes