• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.60 star(s) 49 Votes

Atip009

Jan 21, 2022
Even though the art is not as beautiful as before, but I can wait, but please tell me the release date of the game so I can have hope.

Tsuyoi

Sep 6, 2017
OMG why he still only work on BJ only
Cause it's the new standard for these "in development" games: stretch out updates as long as possible, provide a metric ton of fluff/filler reasons as to why, do basically minimal work, and rake in thousands a month.

More or more of these games are starting to go through "reworks" or "redesigns" or "moving to a new engine" or some such technical BS cause they know it's an easy and scummy way to then not have to provide an update for months while being able to push out "updates" like "transition taking longer than expected due to assets not being compatible, rewriting this file or that from scratch, buying new hardware to be able to run latest tools, oh no server crash resulted in losing files that I chose to not back up" etc etc while still charging monthly.

Bonus points if dev then starts a side project/new game that is "only a side project and won't cause any delays on the actual main project", so now there's double the excuses for why there's no progress.

All designed to give the illusion of progress/light at the end of the tunnel even though there's barely any scraps of visible progress for months.

stewbert

Feb 22, 2018
What's with the games being in the "semen extraction" or "blowjob/handjob" and always dying out :'(
Game development is actually very difficult. I know that seems like common knowledge, but think about all the posts packed with idea guys "planning" their own game. Most people don't actually realize just how difficult it is. New devs think they're prepared to handle it, they get started making their game and their initial enthusiasm carries them through the first release. Then they hit the first wall. It turns out the ideas they thought they had fleshed out really weren't fleshed out at all. So development stalls while they "find the game." This is the first major off ramp for projects. Most are dropped here as the reality of development first sets in. It's a LOT of work.

If a developer makes it past that first stall, they quickly find out that creativity is a finite resources. Then you've got technical debt. You see, if you don't go through preproduction(and most of these amateur projects don't), then you have no idea what systems you need to build out, or how these systems might interact. If you just jump in and start "making the game" you're going to wind up with scenes that are hard to update, variables with random names, messy code "borrowed" from different tutorials, and all manner of other beginner mistakes. At first these aren't a problem. You can just keep stacking shitty code on top of your old shitty code. But eventually, you hit a wall where it's just so hard to work around that rat's nest of code that forward momentum stalls again. Now you realize the technical debt you're in and that the only thing you can do is essentially completely rebuild your game. This is another major off ramp for projects. devs go on hiatus to clean up the code, realize how much work is ahead of them and over time they just...stop.

None of this mentions the art. When it comes to art you've got 3 choices: 3D renders, commissioned art, making your own art. Now, obviously if you're already a great artist this isn't an issue. Instead you're going to face similar choices with writing/coding. But for the rest of us, what we choose here determines how the project will fail. Either you take the time to learn how to rig and render "good" 3d art, or you half-ass it(which is understandable given how tough the rest of development is) and just use 3d goblins in your game. If you commission art then your project is going to be way more expensive, and you'll be entirely beholden to your chosen artist to implement updates and you won't be agile. You'll have to know exactly what art you need and when you'll need it. (This is actually difficult skill that few possess.) Making your own art is rarely advisable if you're not already a skilled artist, but it can be very helpful for planning the game.

So, why do so many games "fail" at the first tier of sexual activity? Because that tends to be where the game hits the first off ramp. It's a good spot to end your "demo"/first release, and going beyond that would require commissioning more art on a project that you're starting to realize may be far more difficult that you thought. This is especially daunting if your project has failed to get enough attention.

Fistagon77

Jun 28, 2017
Game development is actually very difficult. I know that seems like common knowledge, but think about all the posts packed with idea guys "planning" their own game. Most people don't actually realize just how difficult it is. New devs think they're prepared to handle it, they get started making their game and their initial enthusiasm carries them through the first release. Then they hit the first wall. It turns out the ideas they thought they had fleshed out really weren't fleshed out at all. So development stalls while they "find the game." This is the first major off ramp for projects. Most are dropped here as the reality of development first sets in. It's a LOT of work.

If a developer makes it past that first stall, they quickly find out that creativity is a finite resources. Then you've got technical debt. You see, if you don't go through preproduction(and most of these amateur projects don't), then you have no idea what systems you need to build out, or how these systems might interact. If you just jump in and start "making the game" you're going to wind up with scenes that are hard to update, variables with random names, messy code "borrowed" from different tutorials, and all manner of other beginner mistakes. At first these aren't a problem. You can just keep stacking shitty code on top of your old shitty code. But eventually, you hit a wall where it's just so hard to work around that rat's nest of code that forward momentum stalls again. Now you realize the technical debt you're in and that the only thing you can do is essentially completely rebuild your game. This is another major off ramp for projects. devs go on hiatus to clean up the code, realize how much work is ahead of them and over time they just...stop.

None of this mentions the art. When it comes to art you've got 3 choices: 3D renders, commissioned art, making your own art. Now, obviously if you're already a great artist this isn't an issue. Instead you're going to face similar choices with writing/coding. But for the rest of us, what we choose here determines how the project will fail. Either you take the time to learn how to rig and render "good" 3d art, or you half-ass it(which is understandable given how tough the rest of development is) and just use 3d goblins in your game. If you commission art then your project is going to be way more expensive, and you'll be entirely beholden to your chosen artist to implement updates and you won't be agile. You'll have to know exactly what art you need and when you'll need it. (This is actually difficult skill that few possess.) Making your own art is rarely advisable if you're not already a skilled artist, but it can be very helpful for planning the game.

So, why do so many games "fail" at the first tier of sexual activity? Because that tends to be where the game hits the first off ramp. It's a good spot to end your "demo"/first release, and going beyond that would require commissioning more art on a project that you're starting to realize may be far more difficult that you thought. This is especially daunting if your project has failed to get enough attention.
so thing is....look at karryns prison right....extreme detail, very complex well made combat system and rouge like game with game plus and stat build ups that change how your character and other characters act, even changes side jobs etc, game took 2 years to make and is extremely well made easy to say its a AAA title level game.
with that said it was made by one game dev and one artist.....just like this game...soooooo whats the excuse for all these other game devs?
there is none, they just bleeding out patreon for that monthly sub and its a easy way to make money and do nothing

FakerLover73

Aug 15, 2021
so thing is....look at karryns prison right....extreme detail, very complex well made combat system and rouge like game with game plus and stat build ups that change how your character and other characters act, even changes side jobs etc, game took 2 years to make and is extremely well made easy to say its a AAA title level game.
with that said it was made by one game dev and one artist.....just like this game...soooooo whats the excuse for all these other game devs?
there is none, they just bleeding out patreon for that monthly sub and its a easy way to make money and do nothing
That is not a good way of comparing. First of all, the dev for Karryn's Prison has already released a game in the past so he is familar with the way RPGM works and how he needs to code his game to make it functional (in the case of Karryn's Prison, he even implemented a whole lot of new stuff which he made on his own, which looks and feels incredibly good). The tremendous amount of work this takes is not even imagineable, these projects should rather be viewed as the best of the best rather than mainstream projects anyone can do. That is like saying "Faker is the best League player that has ever existed, so if he can play that good, why can't you climb out of gold?"

Secondly, you never know how much of his time he can even invest daily or what is going on in his private life until he gives further notice, from which you can only judge from the things he tells you. So you never know if people can invest the necessary hours with a whole lot of other shit going on in their life.

Fistagon77

Jun 28, 2017
That is not a good way of comparing. First of all, the dev for Karryn's Prison has already released a game in the past so he is familar with the way RPGM works and how he needs to code his game to make it functional (in the case of Karryn's Prison, he even implemented a whole lot of new stuff which he made on his own, which looks and feels incredibly good). The tremendous amount of work this takes is not even imagineable, these projects should rather be viewed as the best of the best rather than mainstream projects anyone can do. That is like saying "Faker is the best League player that has ever existed, so if he can play that good, why can't you climb out of gold?"

Secondly, you never know how much of his time he can even invest daily or what is going on in his private life until he gives further notice, from which you can only judge from the things he tells you. So you never know if people can invest the necessary hours with a whole lot of other shit going on in their life.
so its a skill and dedication issue then?
combo that with working on 2 games at once while working a full time job and you think this guy gonna make anything in the next 5 years by that logic?
if its what you say and its a skill issue then this guy is fukked with my line of thinking or yours, the ones who lose here are the guys who donated to his patreon, aka me and the other poor bastards

Scorpioguy99

Feb 16, 2020
Damn, the new art looks like sh*t
I'm waiting to see more examples further down the line before I entirely dismiss the idea of the new art style. They seem more like proof of concept/proof of ability for the new artist than anything else. I'm hopeful that the new style will hold up since I didn't enjoy the MC's look in the last style. I'm a big fan of how the cum looked though.

eugene67

Jul 21, 2020

This is a good post. I'll also chime in that Karryn's Prison is an absolute SSS+ game with an SSS+ developer, who set deadlines for himself whilst also working his ass off to meet them. That sort of motivation, ambition and skill is exceedingly rare and probably very taxing for him.

Grimmiger

May 12, 2018
What's ScarletAnn busy with btw? Aside from Zombie Retreat 2 what else is she working on? I love her art. I want to check whatever else she is doing
At this point it's easier to keep track of all the games she previously worked on than currently. So many are hard to find or got abandoned or pushed to the wayside it ain't easy to keep track. Like her own game, for example.

Ah, I remember the AZL days like it was just yesterday...and the "older' ZR1 art before the change. Late style change was good too. ZR2 just ain't the same with Sasuke-lite being super distracting and taking up valuable screen time and space.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Actually the main attraction for me in this game was the way the "questlines" (if you want to call them that), or rather the story/themes were played. Slow corruption is one of my favorite types. The artstyle wasn't the biggest draw for me in terms of shapes and character design (I am normally not a fan of boobs this big). That being said, it looked pretty polished and had a style that was easy on the eyes and pleasing to look at in general, so I didn't mind it either. And facial expressions were also pretty well done.

The "new" artstyle seems more western art to me, while the old one looked more typically Japanese, if that makes sense to anyone. I prefer the more Japanese looking one. And then, as was said by many before, there is definitely also the quality. As in, the attention to detail in the pictures, and how clean the lines look. Which the "new" artist doesn't seem to have down yet. Unless those are actually sketches.

Either way, if this whole story is true and the new artist is from Ukraine, while I definitely do feel sorry for him and wish him and his fellow countrymen a swift resolution to the conflict, I think it's just not viable to stop doing the game and wait for them to come back and have time again. It could take a lot of time till that is possible.

3.60 star(s) 49 Votes