3.60 star(s) 50 Votes

Yukariin

Oct 16, 2020
new post after a long time.

i'll let you people know as well that these will be the last updates from me since i decided last week to cancel my sub due to prolonged inactivity and generally slow development.
things might change in the future and i'll still keep an eye on it, but for now that's it.

What's Happening

I didn't want to write this post. But it's been almost a month of no posts, and I felt it's unfair to you to remain in the dark about what's going on.

Before I begin, this is going to be a long post but there's no tl;dr way to say what I have to say, so please lend me a few minutes to read it through.

The truth is that I wanted to use this for a huge reveal, like I've teased in the community's server, but I wanted it to be complete first before I say anything about it. But yeah, I checked yesterday when was my last post, and saw it's almost been a month, so, ready or not, it has to be today.

As you already probably know, the game's artist, ScarlettAnn, is extremely busy and this game is extremely demanding when it comes to the art it requires. Also, many people were constantly asking me what I'm going to do about this, and how am I going to go forwards, and that the game requires this and that... Well at some point I put it all to paper, and I saw that the time-related numbers were huge.

I don't want to get into any private conversations. I just want to say that I also faced other issues, but those might have just been in my own head, so I can't hold anyone accountable for them. Scarlett was truthful from the start, that she has a really busy schedule and can't / doesn't want to follow deadlines. I honestly don't know how to talk any more about this without getting into things that were discussed in private, so let's just say that it wasn't working out in the way that I would want it to.

After making Satisfy Him with an artist invested in and dedicated to the game I felt how it should feel and I decided that what On Edge requires is someone for whom making art for the game would be of high priority, and it would be like that of their own choice and preference: because they love it and want to be part of it.

So yeah. There's no easy way (that I can think of) to go about it, so I'll just blurt it out:
We parted ways with Scarlett.

It was not done with any hostilities, or negative feelings in general, as I assume many of us could see that it was heading that way due to her busy schedule. I assume that this was also her own preference (but this is just an assumption of mine) and, after discussing it with some long-time subscribers in private, they also agreed that I have to find a new artist.

So I searched far and wide with much help from On Edge's "Inner Circle" (and most of all Ichi), to find an artist who would be invested, dedicated, sustainable, love the game, be able to communicate with me frequently, provide a good quality in a timely fashion - all this would have to be balanced. What was important was the balance itself, not specific aspects in particular.

So I tested artists and I finally reached one who has the best balance. He is really invested in this, actually wants to be part of this, and everything he makes has in mind how the game will become better with it. Not only that, but he also makes art that we might require in the future (such as, variations). I will show you some of his art here, and I will show more in a follow-up post.

We had decided to not reveal it until his art is ready to be put in the game, but this is no longer something that can be done due to the recent global events. He has given me the permission to say this to you: He is Ukrainian. In our last messages, he was getting ready to go to war (In our very last message he hadn't left yet, but this is war we're talking about). He even suggested that if he doesn't have any new art ready for the game in a month, he would leave and send me the money back, but I told him not to worry about any of this. I'm not about to ditch someone who loves this and request (or even simply accept) money back when his country is being invaded. This is not something that goes with my ethics and morality. Plus, he has understandably bigger problems to deal with right now, this should not be something that adds to them.

So yeah, I told him not to worry about any of this, and that this (the game's side) is all on me.

I wish this was a more hopeful time, as working with him is truly really exciting and opens up whole new avenues for the game. Let's all hope that all this will be resolved peacefully in the end...

I can't stress enough how delicate this matter is. Hopefully you will now understand why it took me so long to make any posts. There were other stuff affecting my progress, but this is hugely bigger than any other reason, so I'm going to leave it at this.

I really wanted this post to read differently, as I truly am excited about all the work this artist has done already and how it will work in the game, and also about what is now possible. And I'm sorry that I'm writing this with sad feelings, but I have been following the horrors of war, as the artist was telling me what was happening, to keep me informed, and it is a burden in my soul.

I will now post some of his art, so that you can see for yourselves what's happening. Then I will begin the followup post with even more art for tiers 2 and 3 as always.

PS: Even now, I'm trying to stall posting this, but it's time... I will press the post button.

Debbie in the gloryhole. Nude, choker, 3 cock variations. Right hand playing "Hold Head" and left hand touching her clit. You can also see emotes that we could use.
She was positioned on her knees, so we can also have standing men.
I simply love how the general feel of it is "dirty", it was what I was going for from the start!

Debbie Nude, with nipple piercings and a choker (to test accessories), in all her glory:

She really does look like she's talking with a man old enough to be her grandpa
Level 1 Cum on face
Cum is made from a different artist who wishes to remain unnamed. It goes up to level 5!!

Finally, a video in-game of how her frame looks like when she blinks.

Lots of art

So this is all parts here and there to show you what's going on. I also decided to add a rough sketch of Mr Mathews, in his true form as an "ugly bastard".

These were supposed to be refined before showing them, but at the moment I can only show them as they are currently. Just imagine that they will be refined.

Bust expressions - Debbie angry and cringed:

Debbie jerking off a different cock, while only wearing her hoodie, while caressing his balls (different than cupping them):

Debbie jerking off a cock while masturbating:

Debbie licking the head, while holding it, while cupping its balls:

Debbie performing fellatio:

Last but not least, Mr Mathews' rough sketch:
truly a useless ugly bastard

PS: A technical note, I personally asked her lightning to not be as detailed, as we're planning to have animations for all cards and lightning really hinders that.

OddFella

Aug 6, 2016

i'll let you people know as well that these will be the last updates from me since i decided last week to cancel my sub due to prolonged inactivity and generally slow development.
things might change in the future and i'll still keep an eye on it, but for now that's it.
The art is just broken pic-tags for me :(

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
I think you might be wrong.

I think its very easy to see that organization is not his strong suit, and he is not the only one in that regard, half of parteon is like that.

As for the artist, hell I even believe him I think once I see the pics. That is just fucking unfortunate af tbh. I think the best choice tbh might be to employ a temporary artist who can do a few scenes while the story is being progressed (partially without art) and then once the artist is (hopefully) alive and settled back in again they can continue. I think though that the dev has to realize the artist, even if he gets out of the war alright, will need a few months until they can produce art again. So they should probably have a plan for what they do in the meantime.

You got the pics by any chance`?

Facilus

Futa/Femboy/T-Girl/Cunny Lover
Donor
Nov 2, 2020
It's definitely a big setback on this project, I also canceled my sub, not only because 1 dollar is equivalent to 5x my country's currency but I'll also keep an eye out to see how this situation unfolds with this new artist, I gave a look at the artwork and they're not good at all, maybe they're sketches or something like that.

Sep 30, 2018
It's definitely a big setback on this project, I also canceled my sub, not only because 1 dollar is equivalent to 5x my country's currency but I'll also keep an eye out to see how this situation unfolds with this new artist, I gave a look at the artwork and they're not good at all, maybe they're sketches or something like that.
got a link/could you send those images please?

TheDavyJones

Dec 26, 2019
Guys sorry if this has been asked before, but how do you trigger or see the milk stall / millkstall scene ? I dont see any changes in the town. nor did I found this said market added.

Grimmiger

May 12, 2018

Honestly, hiring SA to work on anything is usually a death sentence for speed of releases especially if they can't make none-art based content fast or satisfying enough. Everyone knows her art takes a bit of time, with or without all the people vying for it. So I don't know why Onedge thought picking SA of all artists was the best idea. Everyone, and I mean everyone knows that Scarlett is the premier go-to and has her artist hands in every cookie jar imaginable by demand for her expertise, and with every single art-based delay and lack or want of deadlines it comes with (which is to be expected when at any one time, Scarlett is drawing art and animating for ~5-15 games at once, which is both the fault of Scarlett and every dev who wants to look AZL-like. Not that I fully blame any of them...but still)

It's another lesson of: pick the best choice of artist first that you can and hopefully will have a long relationship with (like your tax guy, or dentist); don't make them the face of your entire project if you can't keep them or get a great copycat; and changing artists, especially art and design styles, halfway through makes everything weird and almost never works. Like with ToP.

MacMac97

Dec 27, 2019
I still got hope for this game though with the fallout of SA i gotta agree it's lost some appeal but still with every new drawing being rough sketches i'd say the dev could do worse. My main critique would be that MC's redesign looks off IMO i think it's her head being way to small making her tits look stupidly huge. I guess what I'm try to say is she looks less innocent and more slutty. But you guys should judge as well. It may take some time but I'd still play it wonder how animation will look like.
c963be6d-e84b-4c9c-94be-39f348c465d1-740x0.png 50759134-b326-4667-963d-d9c95ea62cf5-740x0.png dd5de227-8d27-4da9-8413-f93f07be21f3-740x0.png

3.60 star(s) 50 Votes