3.60 star(s) 50 Votes

Assassin3

Oct 15, 2020
wow, really weird to see they're working on another game under a separate name and patreon account... can't see it anything else other than exploitative.
U r subscribed and on Onedge's discord right? This was announced ages ago. I'm dumbfounded by the fact that u r subscribed to him then accuse him of being exploitative... like bruh

Yukariin

Oct 16, 2020
its literally under the same name with a huge exclaimer on the subscribestar explaining the situation? maybe try reading before making your judgements
U r subscribed and on Onedge's discord right? This was announced ages ago. I'm dumbfounded by the fact that u r subscribed to him then accuse him of being exploitative... like bruh
the point is he has separate subscribestar for each game. no one does this. if you're working on 2 games at once, any normal creator has the decency of posting both in the same patreon/subscribestar account.

Yukariin

Oct 16, 2020

Progress Report - v0.2.6 - Overhaul Part A.d

Hello everyone!

I guess now is a good time to write a post as I completed the xp gained screen.

Like before, I'm not going to list all the things since the beginning of the overhaul - just the things done since last post. Note that all these are being shared and discussed with subscribers on discord almost daily!

What has been done since last post:

- Fixed the spikes in the fps.

- Created Debbie's frame. It now can move around even while animating the eyes. It's pretty cool!

- Remade the XP screen. This took a ton of time as I had to make my own Scene (RMMV devs will understand) but what's cool about it is that it can be invoked from anywhere, and is completely parametric (it works with the values of where it was invoked from).

- Created my very own tooltip system, and made it work even during Autorun events (again, RMMV devs, hi). So now you will be able to move your cursor ontop of effects or hearts and see what's up.

What's next:

Apart from fixing the fps spikes, I haven't done the "what's next" from the previous post, so that's what's next. The tooltips and XP screen (especially that screen) took ages to make. But the cool thing is that now they're done, so I can move forwards!

Teasers coming!

PS: I almost forgot: I also did something else that might sound a bit peculiar. All the utility choices were turned into code instead of pseudocode to facilitate certain, well, utilities. I don't know how best to explain this, but let's just say that it required a lot of coding to do that, and it's immensely helpful for such things (as utilities, config, etc).

Progress Report - Overhaul Part A.d - Teasers

Unfortunately I can't position these as I would want to, so I'll have to explain them as so:

The video in the gloryhole shows how tooltips show. Note that tooltips now don't require "tooltip mode". If you don't know what a thing is, you can just hover over it. That's all.

The video on the "West Path" map (it's simply the testing room background lol) with Debbie's frame is showcasing how Debbie's frame appears and how moving it doesn't affect its animation.

The last video shows the xp screen. I have randomized the values for XP, and set specific values for Milk Gathered.

I also added an "instant" functionality (by pressing any key), as well as a "press any key to continue" in the end. I use "enter" to do that in the video, but you can really press any key - including clicking MLB.

These took ages to make, but I feel like I'm heading towards a really good direction ^_^

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
the point is he has separate subscribestar for each game. no one does this. if you're working on 2 games at once, any normal creator has the decency of posting both in the same patreon/subscribestar account.
There have actually been a number of developers with different patreon / subscribstar accounts for different projects. Even concurrent projects. It's not common, but it does happen (the one off the top of my head is wolfzq of Cursed Armor, who is heavily involved in at least 3 "active" projects last time I looked). There are even advantages to separating the projects into different campaigns, which can help avoid exploiting the supporters. After all, it lets the developer know exactly how much support each project has, so they can focus on a better / more profitable project (though they can be exploitative if they don't progress one project at all). And on the supporter's end, they can more clearly see and support the specific projects they like.

Again, not saying that it can be exploitative, just that it does happen and there can be benefits to it.

Nox_sopftpaw

Aug 10, 2017
There have actually been a number of developers with different patreon / subscribstar accounts for different projects.
Isn't there also the issue of patreon banning the person if any of the other stuff has something pat doesn't like as I'm sure theres something along the lines of as long as your part of us you can't do xyz or we will hold or stop for cash flow?

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Isn't there also the issue of patreon banning the person if any of the other stuff has something pat doesn't like as I'm sure theres something along the lines of as long as your part of us you can't do xyz or we will hold or stop for cash flow?
Well, yes, patreon can freeze / stop / ban a campaign for basically any reason. For relevance to this site, a lot of adult content themes are forbidden or restricted on patreon.

Reactions: Banshee96

GavnoMocha

Oct 23, 2020
Man, it's real legendary game

But smth telling me that game will be abandoned...
...and i hope i am says shit!

Edit:
Ow, he is separately making another game

Well, it's really great job - he is really into development as is see...

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 50 Votes