3.60 star(s) 50 Votes

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
So what? I'm suppose to hate on every game for having long update times now? I had this banner ever since I made my account and never bothered to change it
I don't care about your banner, you didn't get the obvious correlation being pointed out to you so I explained it. Also, criticizing a game is not hating on it and that mentality is exactly why you got called out earlier.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Is it just me or is the development process of this game really slow? As in, reeeeeeaaaaaallyyyyyy slooooooooow.
I know its a one man project but so are many other donation games that are 1 man projects and offer much larger updates more often.

I'm like this: not gonna pay for a game with so little new in each update. It's not like it is very advanced stuff like 3D, and some of those games have maybe 30 minutes of new content in just one update.

I don't know what else you have going on, so... I'm just wondering.

Marigel

Jul 9, 2017
I think the author wants to stop the project. You have started a new game and it is practically stopped. The old story of many creators. Making a game is difficult for one person alone but doing two at the same time ... I don't think so.

KomischerKauz

Oct 18, 2018
I think the author wants to stop the project. You have started a new game and it is practically stopped. The old story of many creators. Making a game is difficult for one person alone but doing two at the same time ... I don't think so.
This is due to the financing system. As long as the fans expect something, they will also subscribe or donate. With this, the developer earns more than if he were to sell a finished game. There will always be some content, but will not be finished. Although if he develops a 2nd game, he can stretch the source of money as he like and finish 1 game.

Marigel

Jul 9, 2017
This is due to the financing system. As long as the fans expect something, they will also subscribe or donate. With this, the developer earns more than if he were to sell a finished game. There will always be some content, but will not be finished. Although if he develops a 2nd game, he can stretch the source of money as he like and finish 1 game.
It may be, but I cannot subscribe or financially support a game that is not progressing, much less if it makes me believe that it is not going to end.

Marigel

Jul 9, 2017
The creator has images prepared for new events and new situations, but does not use them. Why? Perhaps you were forced to upgrade before you were prepared by the pressure of the people. Do not know.
But it starts to bore me.

Reactions: Jarul

Liero

Jun 13, 2018
We already know this from other games. Wild Life, for example. This has nothing to do with complicated, On Edge consists mainly of text and 2D graphics. It's not like the developer is developing CyperPunk 2079 here.
Doesn't mean it's easy to make. The art is being commissioned to Scarlett Ann, and that of course takes some time to finish as Scarlett has a lot of work.
The things Onedge is trying to make work in a RPGM engine is not easy. RPGM is infamous for breaking fairly easy. Even Remtairy that made Melty's Quest and Karryn's Prison has argued that RPGM is a absolute piece of crap to do anything meaningful in.

And honestly, Onedge has done a decent enough job of getting things to work as intended, especially considering that he is doing most of the work himself.

Feel like most people that talk about how "easy" it is to make games, have no understanding of how much shit there actually is to balance in order to make things work.

Yukariin

Oct 16, 2020
Doesn't mean it's easy to make. The art is being commissioned to Scarlett Ann, and that of course takes some time to finish as Scarlett has a lot of work.
The things Onedge is trying to make work in a RPGM engine is not easy. RPGM is infamous for breaking fairly easy. Even Remtairy that made Melty's Quest and Karryn's Prison has argued that RPGM is a absolute piece of crap to do anything meaningful in.

And honestly, Onedge has done a decent enough job of getting things to work as intended, especially considering that he is doing most of the work himself.

Feel like most people that talk about how "easy" it is to make games, have no understanding of how much shit there actually is to balance in order to make things work.
also, even when something is easy to do, knowing how to do it is a completely different story.
the dev has said this is his first game, and i imagine he also doesn't have much experience programming in general either.
i can tell you from personal experience that sometimes to learn to do something basic you need to delve in a 12 hours rabbit hole to fully understand all the moving parts involved, which would've taken no more than 15 minutes to someone who was already familiar with all of it.

Rams14

Apr 22, 2019
MC Looks Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

Sep 24, 2021
This is a damn good game with a lot of potential. I hope Debbie slowly evolves into having anal or vaginal sex in the gloryhole or getting gangbanged by the stall customers or the miners

Last edited:

Yukariin

Oct 16, 2020
2 new posts including video demos.

Progress Report - v0.2.6 - Overhaul Part A

Hello everyone!

As most of you know, after each update release, I sometimes take some days up to a week to gather bugs and make fixed version. Then I make a post about what I will work on for the next version, and I start working. Well, not this time. This time I began working immediately because there's so much to do for the overhaul!

I might put it up to a vote, whether it would be best to release the overhaul in smaller parts or as a whole. Meanwhile I'm always commissioning new art, so no time goes to waste. I also don't know whether you want me to talk about everything the entire overhaul is going to consist of, or about what I'm doing for the next part. I'll start with the latter one:

At the moment I'm altering the gloryhole to make sure that it's all self-contained. This will allow to feed it different information, and the rest will simply work all by itself. So like, a setup will happen at the beginning, that will take all the necessary information (for example, who it is, what clothing is she wearing, etc), and then it will start and will no longer be connected to anything external.

Concerning new art: The current commission I'm waiting for is Sandra. Next commission is undecided, but what I want is certain males on the side and certain alter backgrounds, to make the card game available in other places as well.

What I have already done:
- Integrated the new popup system
- Made the gloryhole's captions work with that (the ones you get on the bottom right)
- Made "speech" bubbles appear ontop of their heads instead of the bottom right
- Made the stats of the man appear on the left side window
- Made the hearts bar, and heart objects
- Made the cards popup a window of what they are and their effects before you select them
- Made a system that makes each window "decide" when to update or stop, so that lag is prevented
- Made a database of males, with a system that draws info from it, and updates itself in case new males are added in. This also allows putting in new non-major types of males that Debbie perhaps has some history with.

Working on currently (as I'm writing this):
- Finish the hearts functionality (3 form golden hearts)
- Make Debbie's hearts and her effects work with windows.
- Finish up the functionality of her hearts (tapped hearts)

and these will conclude the appearance overhaul, so I can move on to more technical stuff. I will talk about those later on.

My thoughts are that after I'm fully done with the gloryhole overhaul, and it's completely separate, I want to alter how teasing happens and these 2 parts will then allow me to release it to you guys so you can play it. I want to also include a bit of Sandra, which will require me to make the system that handles her images too. However Sandra will be featured more when I remake the intro to include her (and make it skippable).

See the followup post for a video on what I've done so far for the gloryhole - how it all looks.

PS: In case you are wondering why I decided to do this at this point:
After reading all your comments and gaining more experience on development, I think I now have a clearer picture of how I want the game to play like, and be more fun. The code I've written so far was at times limiting, and other features were simply not fun, for example the teasing grinding. Since I decided the way I want this game to play, continuing down the previous path would be wasting time, which is also why I enabled cheats instead of balancing it. The overhaul will balance it when I'm done with it.

Also, this will allow me to work faster, as in the end it will all be grouped. So changing something about the teasing system will not end up changing whole other parts of the game, as their connection will be through single "entry" points (like I explained above with the gloryhole separation).

That's it, I'm going to post the videos next, and go back to working on it!

Progress Report - v0.2.6 - Overhaul Part A (videos)

Here are two videos showcasing what I've done so far. In one of them I just view the cards to see how they look now. In the other one, I just play up to 3 hearts, so you can see how those function. The latter one lags a bit, I have since fixed that though. If it continues lagging I have thought of how to fix it, but until then I think it works just fine.

Edit: Sorry, I uploaded the wrong video for the second one. I reuploaded it now
Also note that everything is parametric. Which means that if I added in more cards and viewed those, the correct info would still be displayed for them.

---

3.60 star(s) 50 Votes