Ren'Py Abandoned On My Own [v0.0.6] [Slonique]

2.40 star(s) 5 Votes
Aug 14, 2018
I thought it was kind of boring and a grind, but i know its just an alpha and things will be added later. I hope it gets better.

TsKing

Sep 12, 2017
all you have to do just write down to the console like that;

state["player.energy"] = 100
state["player.body"] = 100 ( i think 100 is max )
state["sandra.corruption"] = 300 ( i just type 300 idk why )

what console? am i missing anything?

zuago

Jun 2, 2017
I wrote it to the console and got only the ascii error message
ascii codec error in generally caused by a foreign character. if you can take the screen shot of the error and send it to here i think i can help you ( i hope )

geriatre

Aug 22, 2016
This game is 15 months old and only has 77 pics. How does it get so much support?
How much support? He's been doing this for years and all he's got is $1000 on his patreon. I get paid much more on my day job and don't need to invest half my income in high end graphic cards to render images.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
How much support? He's been doing this for years and all he's got is $1000 on his patreon. I get paid much more on my day job and don't need to invest half my income in high end graphic cards to render images.
1000 a month for what? Do you get your pay based on what you did years ago, or what you can currently do for your employer? That was my question, 1000 for no progress. There is not 7k plus worth of "high end" anything. I am curious why people continue to support the project when, last I saw this game, content was actually removed.

Update:
Now I see the simple answer, instead of whatabousims. I went to his page. The guy has 2 games, so people my be supporting that game, in reality. Now I am even more confused. The other game has horrible reviews and a 1 star rating. 1100 bucks a month for what people say is pure crap, wow. The girl is really hot, but almost no renders of her at all. If you support it great , I am not criticizing , just confused.

Update of Update LOL
One of the developers other projects.

"This game was rushed out and is missing a fair amount of content. The developer burned his Patrons, so despite the complete tag it's just a rushed product that the developer got bored of. This makes 4 abandoned projects in my eyes. Your money is better spent elsewhere than this persons Patreon. @Bloo"

The question stands sir.

Reactions: Theballs

Revo

Jun 18, 2017
I thought it was kind of boring and a grind, but i know its just an alpha and things will be added later. I hope it gets better.
That's if the dev doesn't drop the game before finishing the game, which at least I hope he adds more content before dropping the game. The game is interesting for sure but with almost no content, the game is difficult to enjoy especially since you are repeating the same thing over and over just to get to the point of "coming soon" or "next update," which is kind of pointless to grind that much. BUT that's just my opinion, take it as a grain of salt, and have a good one mate.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Get a good graphics card, preferably NVIDIA. Download DAZ3D or similar software. Download a couple assets (ARRRRR Matey). Pose them and render them.
You're welcome.
Just curious, but as someone who's been considering trying to develop the skills needed to make a game like this as a hobby, how high end does your system need to be for rendering with DAZ? Would I need to go all out and build a $10,000+ system with multiple top end graphics cards in SLI, etc or would a more reasonable gaming rig work (definitely won't be spending that much unless I first confirm that I'm good enough at this for it to be viable as an income source)? Is the graphics card the only bottleneck or should I also go with the fastest CPU if I wanted to do this? I work in IT but I'm not in software development so I would need to learn both the graphics and the coding side of this.

Your renders look great btw.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Just curious, but as someone who's been considering trying to develop the skills needed to make a game like this as a hobby, how high end does your system need to be for rendering with DAZ? Would I need to go all out and build a $10,000+ system with multiple top end graphics cards in SLI, etc or would a more reasonable gaming rig work (definitely won't be spending that much unless I first confirm that I'm good enough at this for it to be viable as an income source)? Is the graphics card the only bottleneck or should I also go with the fastest CPU if I wanted to do this? I work in IT but I'm not in software development so I would need to learn both the graphics and the coding side of this.

Your renders look great btw.
You could always start with HS or Klub17, you don't need any fancy cards or other high end equipment. That way you could figure out your style first. Find out if the whole process is right for you, without investing tons of money in equipment. I am a professional photographer myself. I can do a better job overall using better equipment(eg faster focusing and better low light performance) but the real quality comes from me. I don't even use high end functions as I shoot with completely manual settings, even my flash. The renders here are quite good(except facial expressions) but a game needs a lot more than that. I can run Daz with my setup, 8 gigs of older 2133 memory 4 gig hrtz amd processor, good mobo and a cheapo card. renders can take time, I forget now how long, I decided to work on content first and worry about graphics when I need too. So I would just say look at the more successful games here, some have great graphics and some don't. I don't think it is the most important thing.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
You could always start with HS or Klub17, you don't need any fancy cards or other high end equipment. That way you could figure out your style first. Find out if the whole process is right for you, without investing tons of money in equipment. I am a professional photographer myself. I can do a better job overall using better equipment(eg faster focusing and better low light performance) but the real quality comes from me. I don't even use high end functions as I shoot with completely manual settings, even my flash. The renders here are quite good(except facial expressions) but a game needs a lot more than that. I can run Daz with my setup, 8 gigs of older 2133 memory 4 gig hrtz amd processor, good mobo and a cheapo card. renders can take time, I forget now how long, I decided to work on content first and worry about graphics when I need too. So I would just say look at the more successful games here, some have great graphics and some don't. I don't think it is the most important thing.
Yeah I'm thinking I may be best off to just play around with it some on my current low end system and not care about the renders taking forever just to see if I can produce anything worthwhile. I'm definitely not an artist so I would have to use models made by someone else. I suspect I could probably figure out posing though. Facial expressions are important IMO and I suspect that may be harder than the posing. I've noticed that most of the mods on here have horrible facial expressions but most of the facial expressions for the base games tend to be better.

Anyway thanks for responding.

saolo996

Nov 20, 2017
Bit late for that "joke", No Man's Sky is being praised now. Big patch turned the game around and now people love it.
And I know it, but I think it was hard not to get I was referring to first release...
There's no need to point out everything, if you don't like the joke.

2.40 star(s) 5 Votes