BADVIBESFOREVER666

Jan 27, 2020
Im having trouble with the last Enemy in the Red arena (The Wizard with the Djinni) everytime i get the Djinni to midhealth the status pops up that he's regenerating Energy from a ring. The Problem is im now stuck in a loop where it keeps popping over and over and over again and I can't do anything besides pressing enter and watch another pop-up that says he's regenerating Energy from a ring. Am I missing something or is this Boss not fully programmed yet or aren't u supposed to finish the Arena for now?

Sotman

Mar 18, 2018
I have found 2 bugs.
1) You don't gey any intelligence and corruption bonuses based on the fable sins counter
2) Stasis can't hit an enemy.
Unless Sierra uploads an update during the week I will make a bugfix during weekend

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019
Saw the question asked before, but the answer basically boiled down to "some". Since I see it says "all sex scenes added" can someone now more accurately answer how much lesbian content there is? I'm assuming there isn't a real path for it, but if there is enough content I might give it a proper whirl since the art looks good.

jogobao

Jan 21, 2019
Im having trouble with the last Enemy in the Red arena (The Wizard with the Djinni) everytime i get the Djinni to midhealth the status pops up that he's regenerating Energy from a ring. The Problem is im now stuck in a loop where it keeps popping over and over and over again and I can't do anything besides pressing enter and watch another pop-up that says he's regenerating Energy from a ring. Am I missing something or is this Boss not fully programmed yet or aren't u supposed to finish the Arena for now?
It's a bug in version 4.5 of the game. Probably due to the strength nerfs in a bunch of adversaries. Either get a cheat to insta kill or wait for next update/bug fix =c

this fight bug actually caused me to stop playing till next update, as I like to beat things gradually and in full before progressing along e.e

minis91

Nov 2, 2017
Does anyone know how to pass forest up north in grim tale ? Tells me i need fenris (i saved him - got cursed) but dont know where to find him?

Sep 3, 2018
I'm surprised no one has remarked yet about how utterly adorable Ulfina is. She may be the cutest wolfgrrl I have ever seen.

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
Anyone else getting a URIError when trying to change the options? Specifically I'd been turning on always dash, command remember, and instant text, and turning off background music (because the dev doesn't know how to sound balance) and sound effects.

Sep 3, 2018
It's a bug in version 4.5 of the game. Probably due to the strength nerfs in a bunch of adversaries. Either get a cheat to insta kill or wait for next update/bug fix =c

this fight bug actually caused me to stop playing till next update, as I like to beat things gradually and in full before progressing along e.e
Instakill doesn't work, he still goes into that endless cycle. Trying to alter the enemies.json file did no good and I ended up breaking the game and having to revert the changes. Getting a copy of 4.3 and replacing the data folder in 4.5 with the earlier version didn't help either. Any other ideas?

jogobao

Jan 21, 2019
Instakill doesn't work, he still goes into that endless cycle. Trying to alter the enemies.json file did no good and I ended up breaking the game and having to revert the changes. Getting a copy of 4.3 and replacing the data folder in 4.5 with the earlier version didn't help either. Any other ideas?
Try to get the version 4,3 in a folder of its own, then put your saves there and try to do kill the Genie.

Sep 3, 2018
Try to get the version 4,3 in a folder of its own, then put your saves there and try to do kill the Genie.
Yeah that's what I ended up doing and I can confirm it works. Then after I ported my save back to 4.5 and was able to continue from there. I'd just fix the damned thing except I'm not any kind of expert in how to mod an RPGM game without the .proj file and this one has me stumped. The problem isn't in the data files, it's somewhere else and I'm not even sure if it's in a location modifiable in the .jsons. It's frustrating.

If I could fix it I'd publish the repaired version here especially since 4.3 is getting damned hard to find.

As it stands, I've done a lot of balance work to my copy of Once Ever After to make it less of a grindwall from hell. I did this because after getting the instant win item from upthread I found myself reaching for it too often because the party was just underpowered and it became ragequit inducing. Despite the grinding I'd already done, it was still not enough. Adjustments needed to be made.

After my tweaks, I found it a lot more satisfying. The boss fights were still tough, I'd often have to use Ingrid and Hood as healers full time, use all the buffs and debuffs, and still have to juggle resurrections as fast as possible to avoid party wipe. And still, a couple of unlucky crits at the wrong time could still lead to doom. So I figure I'd found the sweet spot, where you need a lot of skill and a little luck to win rather than needing a hell of a lot of luck and maybe that wouldn't help you.

If I do upload it here, I'll expand on what I did to the player skills to the enemies to significantly bump the rates of gold, ap, and xp they reward. The idea is if I can get that right there won't be a need to save edit and the game can be played from scratch with a challenging but not ridiculous difficulty curve and a lot less grinding.

Do you think anyone would be interested?

Last edited:

jogobao

Jan 21, 2019
Yeah that's what I ended up doing and I can confirm it works. Then after I ported my save back to 4.5 and was able to continue from there. I'd just fix the damned thing except I'm not any kind of expert in how to mod an RPGM game without the .proj file and this one has me stumped. The problem isn't in the data files, it's somewhere else and I'm not even sure if it's in a location modifiable in the .jsons. It's frustrating.

If I could fix it I'd publish the repaired version here especially since 4.3 is getting damned hard to find.

As it stands, I've done a lot of balance work to my copy of Once Ever After to make it less of a grindwall from hell. I did this because after getting the instant win item from upthread I found myself reaching for it too often because the party was just underpowered and it became ragequit inducing. Despite the grinding I'd already done, it was still not enough. Adjustments needed to be made.

After my tweaks, I found it a lot more satisfying. The boss fights were still tough, I'd often have to use Ingrid and Hood as healers full time, use all the buffs and debuffs, and still have to juggle resurrections as fast as possible to avoid party wipe. And still, a couple of unlucky crits at the wrong time could still lead to doom. So I figure I'd found the sweet spot, where you need a lot of skill and a little luck to win rather than needing a hell of a lot of luck and maybe that wouldn't help you.

If I do upload it here, I'll expand on what I did to the player skills to the enemies to significantly bump the rates of fols, ap, and xp they reward. The idea is if I can get that right there won't be a need to save edit and the game can be played from scratch with a challenging but not ridiculous difficulty curve and a lot less grinding.

Do you think anyone would be interested?
Those tweaks you've made, they seem pretty cool. I'd be willing to test them out in a game starting from the start, to be sure. I'm fairly used to sticking to the enmies I can kill in such quick and fairly effortless fashion until I can kill more difficult ones, but it does get old... and an alternative to that is surely something I find appealing.

Reactions: Darth_Meow_504

jogobao

Jan 21, 2019
Also, does anyone know how to modify Ingrid's intelligence and corruption? Thanks!
No idea =( I missed out on the fairy grandmother event (something you can do on her yard later on) because I couldn't get enough int in my save ._. that was pretty sad.

mboston1989

Dec 15, 2017
I'm probably just stupid, but how do you get the woodman's key?? *edit* Yep, just stupid... found it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jogobao
Sep 3, 2018
Ok I am stuck. I am not at 165 intelligence and -97 corruption and still can't do the scene where Ulfina and Wilhelm do a foursome with Hood and Fenris nor can I pass the Crucible. I also cannot get more heart branches and I can't even turn in the ones I have to Brunhilde. I gave her the first five, then I have gotten the Order branch and the Intertwined branch from Hood and Fenris. I know there's one in Happyville somewhere but I'll be damned if I can find it. I also can't find anything from a fairy to help the little girl from Grimmton cross into a new tale.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Hmm, ok, you have to go to the grandmother's house in Happyville area after you've survived dancing with the Happyville people. It'll let you go do it then, and the branch is in a chest right next to her house. Here's hoping that will unlock the rest of what I need...

EDIT 2: Nope that didn't unlock anything. I've literally done everything I can think of. Has anyone actually unlocked her full potential, is it even possible? If so how? Again, any help would be appreciated.

EDIT 3: Looking at the files, holy shit is this game harshly, brutally penalizing. Mistakes you don't even know are mistakes early on can cost you in the endgame with no way to go back and make up for the missed opportunity. For example, you have to have intelligence at 270 to even get the proper hint that the item needed for the little Grimmton girl is in the cave with the stone rolling puzzle where you get the Fairy Necklace. On the other hand, my copy is also bugged so that the item doesn't appear despite the switch for it to do so seeming to be in place. I'll work on fixing that later, I disabled the switch requirement and now it works. Fun times! But I digress.

I haven't found yet where to get those last three points of corruption loss, but I do know that at least one of the sets of intelligence points I'm missing is in the very early game and there's no way to know you've done anything wrong nor any chance to go back and fix it. In a game that doesn't have a New Game+ option, that is insanely brutal. As it stands, I altered my save to put my characters from endgame back into a save made at new game and forced my own New Game + but of course that shouldn't be necessary as if replaying things to get them right are going to be a requirement the developer should build the option in. It would also be nice if we were to get a set of hints at the end that would clue us in to some of the ways where we should have chosen differently, because right now without the guide assembled elsewhere in this thread about where to get the various intelligence boosts I'd still be lost on what I'm even missing and stabbing in the dark over the course of who knows how many playthroughs. I may be stubborn, but there would reach a point where even I'd give up and I imagine a lot of players would hit that point sooner than I.

None of this is meant as a slam on the developer, at all. I am well aware that we are playing an early incomplete release and there are clearly bugs still in the game and sections that are very clearly labeled as "this area is not finished at this time". I imagine most if not all of these bugs and balance issues and things like the needing a New Game+ if we're going to need to replay the story to get the best ending will be addressed by the dev, especially if we help her out with constructive suggestions and bug reports.

In the meantime, I am still working on my mods and will publish it here when I manage to get it to a point I'm satisfied with it. Right now I've tweaked the powers and adjusted a few enemies to reward significant amounts of AP in a few key areas so that it's easy to grind up more when needed. I have not addressed the levels of XP, AP, and Gold rewards needed throughout the game to make getting through it without doing a save edit to bump the characters to a decent level. I'm kinda dreading that level of work, especially knowing the developer will probably end up doing it for me. Which is as it should be, they're the ones making money on this project my mod will be a labor of love posted free for the community.

Anyhow, I'll keep you updated on my progress. I'm really hoping there'll be a new version sometime soon that will address some of these issues on the developer end and I can then concentrate on the stuff they chose not to do and adding certain shortcuts and cheats that will probably never be in the official game.

Last edited:

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
For example, you have to have intelligence at 270 to even get the proper hint that the item needed for the little Grimmton girl is in the cave with the stone rolling puzzle where you get the Fairy Necklace.
Given that intelligence is capped at 200, I'm pretty sure that's not it.

3.70 star(s) 22 Votes