Oct 29, 2017
mhm i played maybe 4 min, then saved, paused, was briefly away and when i wanted to reload the save point

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "C:\Datein\H-Game\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Datein\H-Game\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "C:\Datein\H-Game\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Datein\H-Game\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Datein\H-Game\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3510, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "C:\Datein\H-Game\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "C:\Datein\H-Game\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "C:\Datein\H-Game\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
File "C:\Datein\H-Game\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 707, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "C:\Datein\H-Game\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "C:\Datein\H-Game\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
File "C:\Datein\H-Game\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 946, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "C:\Datein\H-Game\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 881, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "C:\Datein\H-Game\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
File "C:\Datein\H-Game\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 761, in load
log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
File "C:\Datein\H-Game\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1959, in unfreeze
self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
File "C:\Datein\H-Game\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1791, in rollback
self.load_failed()
File "C:\Datein\H-Game\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\Onceinalifetime-0.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1709, in load_failed
raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
OnceinaLifetime 0.5
Thu May 07 08:43:06 2020

originalspam

Jun 20, 2019
So for some reason the game ends after I find the arrow in my room even though I have freshly downloaded the 0.4 version. Looking at the walkthrough, there also should be some more to the game. Is there anything I am missing about all this?
Same here, game just ends after the arrow is shot into the wall. I have V.5 installed, but it ends at .3?

Dmal

Jun 11, 2018
Are you using walkthrough mods? If so, that's the culprit. It tends to be that way on some of these games.
can confirm this is what caused the issue for me back then. have a clean redownload without the walkthrough mod and you should be good

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
So for some reason the game ends after I find the arrow in my room even though I have freshly downloaded the 0.4 version. Looking at the walkthrough, there also should be some more to the game. Is there anything I am missing about all this?
Same here, game just ends after the arrow is shot into the wall. I have V.5 installed, but it ends at .3?
don't use the walkthrough mod, it ends the game where the mod stopped updating, just use the text walkthrough

Reactions: originalspam

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Caribdis Great work on this game. The characters and story are pretty fun to read. That RE reference was both in character and appropriate.
I found the grand total of one typo/error while playing:
Thats supposed to be Laura talking, not Judie.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Caribdis

varkatzas666

Feb 26, 2018
As I said in a previous review, I love this game, I love the turn that history has given, the references (Good the Resident Evil reference), this gets better and better, I need an update soon because I need to know what else happens. My rating for version 0.5 is 9/10

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Unlocked

After having watched 278 tutorials on how to add a gallery to the game and that none of them worked (my programming skills are limited), I chose to add a simple and homemade "Gallery" in the in-game menu, using the commands and functions I know.

I guess it does its job, unlocking the scenes once you’ve watched them in the game, the images can be re-watched and it can be useful to see if you skipped any scene.
The only problem is that a new save is needed to unlock some of the scenes, which will appear blocked even if you have already watched them. (That won't happen again with future updates)

Here's the version with the gallery and a few bug fixes:
v0.5.1 - -
There's not any new content, so you don’t really need to download it. This is how it looks:

Aaaand that's it for now, thank you all and see you soon! :)
Caribdis

darkslayer5

Special Kind of Hero
Donor
Compressor
Feb 14, 2020
Once in a Lifetime [v0.5.1] [Caribdis] - Original Size: 1.20GB

Compressed version for PC (355MB): -
done by UnRen v0.8 (Sam@F95zone) & Cruncher v0.4.1 (bas@F95zone)

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game.

Last edited:

nevermoreXX

Mar 25, 2020
Caribdis I was disappointed with Rebecca sex scene, startup and one actual doing, which felt worse then lousy quicky.. after ALL the trouble ,only that ..he came with flowers, promising moon , she was ripe for taking and screamed to be ravaged.. after standing pose, should have bent her over the table and do her couple times right and proper!

Last edited:

doubleCl1cK

Nov 4, 2018
BaasB , Caribdis Thank you both. Gallery is always better than a bunch of saves. You're correct in saying that it is very useful in 're-watching' the scenes. 'cause there's soo much ... hmmm.. information in them! :sneaky:
But all 278 tutorial? o_O Seriously? That is some dedication! The story and now the GUI are progressing nicely! Thank you folks. (y) (so is the update ready yet? Is the update ready yet? :D)

4.80 star(s) 925 Votes