Firaxius

Aug 13, 2020
Very great VN, nice story, cute girls, love that I saved Mike, although he was described as bad at first, he was actualy a very good person and perfect best friend for the MC. I made an harem of 6 girls, left the mom out, I can't picture me sleeping my mom even she is a cute lady.

The only 1 point upsetting me was if sold Lauren for a night, she get raped, so rolled back as I would never let that happen to my precious sister. Another thing made me wonder and probably never happens, would Lauren dated Oliver if I hadn't seduced her in the first place.

I'm sure to try Eternum as well, had it a while on eye, but wasn't sure yet, but after playing this one I have a good feeling.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
The only 1 point upsetting me was if sold Lauren for a night, she get raped, so rolled back as I would never let that happen to my precious sister. Another thing made me wonder and probably never happens, would Lauren dated Oliver if I hadn't seduced her in the first place.

I'm sure to try Eternum as well, had it a while on eye, but wasn't sure yet, but after playing this one I have a good feeling.
Apparently that choice that ended up with Lauren getting raped unleashed somewhat of a shit storm in the OiaL community back then so Caribdis announced never to do anything like that ever again. :HideThePain:

I mean, it was an obviously bad choice, so I don't know why people complained about the obviously bad choice ended up to be a bad choice, but okay.

And yeah, Eternum is a considerable step up from OiaL in pretty much all regards.

Reactions: MagnusTempestus6

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Apparently that choice that ended up with Lauren getting raped unleashed somewhat of a shit storm in the OiaL community back then so Caribdis announced never to do anything like that ever again. :HideThePain:

I mean, it was an obviously bad choice, so I don't know why people complained about the obviously bad choice ended up to be a bad choice, but okay.
It was more than a bad choice, it was extremely obvious, specially taking into account the pacing of the game. I hate NTR and would complain if it wasn't avoidable, this one was. The effort of that scene was mostly to enforce "if you are a good guy you get good things, if you aren't you don't". It also gave more depth into the storyline, but I understand Caridbis doesn't want more stuff of that.

And yeah, Eternum is a considerable step up from OiaL in pretty much all regards.
While I do love Eternum, it doesn't have Carla though. Sadge.

I made an harem of 6 girls, left the mom out, I can't picture me sleeping my mom even she is a cute lady.

Apr 9, 2019
What's up with the MC being made to look utterly incompetent 90% of the time, while everyone around him, especially his sisters, are hypercompetent? Even when it comes to things he's supposedly good at, like fighting, he gets made to look like the fool, such as during the game show.

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
What's up with the MC being made to look utterly incompetent 90% of the time, while everyone around him, especially his sisters, are hypercompetent?
It’s a joke. It’s pretty clear the mc is a jack of all trades (or at least competent & intelligent) and super brave in the face of real danger. The fact that his sisters are masters of some doesn’t lessen him in my eyes.

If he was continuously treated as he really is, there would be a danger of him appearing Gary-Stu-ish. Beside that, none of the girls treat him as such. It is always someone who could be jealous/is completely inconsequential.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019
It’s a joke. It’s pretty clear the mc is a jack of all trades (or at least competent & intelligent) and super brave in the face of real danger. The fact that his sisters are masters of some doesn’t lessen him in my eyes.

If he was continuously treated as he really is, there would be a danger of him appearing Gary-Stu-ish. Beside that, none of the girls treat him as such. It is always someone who could be jealous/is completely inconsequential.
It's so bizarre the fact they send this mostly incompetent guy to do all of the most dangerous stuff.

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
It's so bizarre the fact they send this mostly incompetent guy to do all of the most dangerous stuff.
But he's not incompetent. Everyone close to him say that if he wanted to, he could breeze through school. He's great at sports, good at fighting (not in gameshows though) just by watching some tutorials and has a huge dong and a harem. How is that enough? Should every inconsequential character praise him to high heavens?

• Haha
Reactions: MaxRichard
Apr 9, 2019
But he's not incompetent. Everyone close to him say that if he wanted to, he could breeze through school. He's great at sports, good at fighting (not in gameshows though) just by watching some tutorials and has a huge dong and a harem. How is that enough? Should every inconsequential character praise him to high heavens?
That would be true if any those points were actually shown, and not said. He's said to be brilliant, but is proven not to be through his actions. Likewise, his fighting ability is said to be considerable, but from what I can tell, he's only actually won one fight against a high school bully. Sports? When exactly? He gets tripped in the game show, and does nothing about it, but he sister not only wins, but also gets revenge against John Jr. Saying your character is this and that is meaningless, when he's shown consistently to not to be any of those things. Potential does not equate to actual ability.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019
Stop being so fragile? She has trained for years and the MC has watched some video tutorials. He can match her skills in three sessions – pretty OP.
My point is that his characterization is inconsistent. Not only that, from a game design standpoint, if something is hardcoded, do not give the illusion of choice, it makes the player feel as though they chose poorly. To note, I don't think he should've won, but he should've at least been able to withstand some degree of assault if the player had chosen "correctly". If not, that illusion of choice should not exist, for the above reason.

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
That would be true if any those points were actually shown, and not said. He's said to be brilliant, but is proven not to be through his actions. Likewise, his fighting ability is said to be brilliant, but from what I can tell, he's only actually won one fight against a high school bully. Sports? When exactly? He gets tripped in the game show, and does nothing about it, but he sister not only wins, but also gets revenge against John Jr. Saying your character is this and that is meaningless, when he's shown consistently to not to be any of those things. Potential does not equate to actual ability.
  1. No, he is said to be intelligent but lazy – not brilliant. And he, at no point, is proven to be dumb by his own actions if you don't make the wrong choices.
  2. Fighting ability: just by watching tutorials he can beat the weapon wielding bully without taking a hit. He also matches a ninja's skills in three sessions.
  3. Sports: when he beats Lauren and many times in the beginning of the game (good scores at sports ect). The fact that he doesn't have the killer instinct to punch John Jr doesn't take away his sports skills.
My point is that his characterization is inconsistent. Not only that, from a game design standpoint, if something is hardcoded, do not give the illusion of choice, it makes the player feel as though they chose poorly. To note, I don't think he should've won, but he should've at least been able to withstand some degree of assault if the player had chosen "correctly". If not, that illusion of choice should not exist, for the above reason.
I see your point – and sorry for calling you fragile. But I don't agree. It is important to show how quickly he gets better and not to take away agency/competence from Aiko. We can already beat up Tom in a minigame and I think that is enough.

4.80 star(s) 925 Votes