Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
My point is that his characterization is inconsistent. Not only that, from a game design standpoint, if something is hardcoded, do not give the illusion of choice, it makes the player feel as though they chose poorly. To note, I don't think he should've won, but he should've at least been able to withstand some degree of assault if the player had chosen "correctly". If not, that illusion of choice should not exist, for the above reason.
While that is true and I would agree with it in a lot of instances, there are exceptions. For example if the character really thinks he can win the developer can put the player in the same mindset as the character by giving the player "fake" choices that make him think the character can win, even if he really can't. Which can then lead to a similar frustration as the character would feel after he failed. All that can lead to an increased immersion and emotional investment of the player.

Now if that is done well and/or works for you in that instance can be an other matter.

Again: I'm all for meaningful choices and informed decisions in these games, but even I would argue, that there are possible exceptions here and there to those general guidelines.

Apr 9, 2019
Unironically that could be synonymous to saying you don't like Caribidis, the dev of this game :Kappa:
Played the whole thing, actually enjoyed it a lot. I was just salty (and sleep deprived) when I wrote that. When it comes to Caribidis' games, Eternum is absolutely flawless. They definitely took the Once in a Lifetime formula, refined, and perfected it.

Reactions: Coaxmetal

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Well, time for me to give this one a try since I like the other one. But, one question, is the harem forced or can we solo romance any of the girls?

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Well, time for me to give this one a try since I like the other one. But, one question, is the harem forced or can we solo romance any of the girls?
You're completly free to choose which girls you want. But at the end, if you're in the route of everyone, you'll be forced to choose 1 girl, or the harem. You don't have an option for 2-3 girls and so on (IF I recall correctly).

Reactions: Dark Silence
Apr 9, 2019
You're completly free to choose which girls you want. But at the end, if you're in the route of everyone, you'll be forced to choose 1 girl, or the harem. You don't have an option for 2-3 girls and so on (IF I recall correctly).
I found it impossible to choose, as each of them had their own merits.

Raffro

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this was pretty great read.
Scenes were also nice.
Are there any other similar games ?
I've already seen eternium waiting for it to finish.
Would like more.

Penis Lord

Apr 11, 2019
Scenes were also nice.
Would like more.
I highly recommend Now & Then. Great storytelling, great animation, impactful and diversity choices, anything that you like about OiAL can also be found in Now & Then (minus the supernatural element, lol).

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Scenes were also nice.
Would like more.
Ripples I really like, also up there with Eternum on the site.
Pale Carnations as well, however themes aren't vanilla so may not be your taste (i usually play more vanilla games but I'm quite enjoying the game)
Oppai Odyssey, The Fiery Scion, Desire of Fate, Dropout Saga, also great games with nice story, however once you've been spoiled by Eternum/Ripples art, sometimes other works will feel less attractive, but still quite good

MIST doesn't use Honey Select characters like these other games, but also pretty good and nice art/story.
Projekt Passion as well, more realistic artstyle, but nice story/characters.

Reactions: Raffro

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Ripples I really like, also up there with Eternum on the site.
Pale Carnations as well, however themes aren't vanilla so may not be your taste (i usually play more vanilla games but I'm quite enjoying the game)
Oppai Odyssey, The Fiery Scion, Desire of Fate, Dropout Saga, also great games with nice story, however once you've been spoiled by Eternum/Ripples art, sometimes other works will feel less attractive, but still quite good

MIST doesn't use Honey Select characters like these other games, but also pretty good and nice art/story.
Projekt Passion as well, more realistic artstyle, but nice story/characters.
No More Money and Chasing Sunsets are also nice, although the plot differs from Oailt, but the same can be said for Pale Carnations I guess.

Reactions: Raffro and Phase_01

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
No More Money and Chasing Sunsets are also nice, although the plot differs from Oailt, but the same can be said for Pale Carnations I guess.
Yea I quite enjoy Chasing Sunsets. Need to give No More Money a try, thanks for the recommendation.
I tried to stick to Honey Select games, but if including others then I'd give Artemis a chance, though it might be an "acquired taste" as the artstyle kinda takes getting used to before you find it hot lol.
Projekt Passion was the exception cuz it has that serious/goofiness balance Eternum has.

If wanting a more serious game with good story, great characters and worldbuilding, then Desert Stalkers is really good, though for vanilla lovers, just turn off the gore mode and choose not to do the sharing scenes (no ntr, u just have the option to share with ur buddy, but not sharing will make the scene never happen canonically)

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Yea I quite enjoy Chasing Sunsets. Need to give No More Money a try, thanks for the recommendation.
I tried to stick to Honey Select games, but if including others then I'd give Artemis a chance, though it might be an "acquired taste" as the artstyle kinda takes getting used to before you find it hot lol.
Projekt Passion was the exception cuz it has that serious/goofiness balance Eternum has.

If wanting a more serious game with good story, great characters and worldbuilding, then Desert Stalkers is really good, though for vanilla lovers, just turn off the gore mode and choose not to do the sharing scenes (no ntr, u just have the option to share with ur buddy, but not sharing will make the scene never happen canonically)
I don't just go into HS, I go if the games appear good. Not all HS games have good graphics unfortunely. I don't mind the "animesc" renders, but some are really meh.

For some reason Artemis didn't like that much, the ambience was a bit off, but I played way too little of it, same for Pale Carnations. I've heard the game growth is pretty good, but maybe I try them out in the future. I've already played Desert Stalkers and was fun, but the thing of fucking 1 daughter like it was nothing special, and the other was the prodigious one you couldn't touch felt odd to me. Yes I like incest, but I like when you gain the relationship (with good writing), not when the game already starts like that. But again, it was still fun, although the story was a bit repetitive after a while.

No More Money simply gives a "good feel vibe", in that sense is very relatable to Oialt. Yes the plot is completly different, and the story is slow pace, but the MC is very likeable and has a great relationship with the girls. Also, the relationship with the mother and sister surprisingly didn't feel odd, unlike most games with that kind of content, but that may be explained with the game being slow paced. But the slow pace isn't bland, it really focused on strenghtning the chemistry with the female characters. The father wasn't straight evil as in Oailt but still is a dick , although he still likes his family, he's just oblivious. The writing imo is the best strength, and his effort of making nearly every girl likeable is somewhat similar to Caribdis.

Just imagine Oailt with a slower pace, and less focus on the comedy. That's what No More Money is.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
I don't just go into HS, I go if the games appear good. Not all HS games have good graphics unfortunely. I don't mind the "animesc" renders, but some are really meh.

For some reason Artemis didn't like that much, the ambience was a bit off, but I played way too little of it, same for Pale Carnations. I've heard the game growth is pretty good, but maybe I try them out in the future. I've already played Desert Stalkers and was fun, but the thing of fucking 1 daughter like it was nothing special, and the other was the prodigious one you couldn't touch felt odd to me. Yes I like incest, but I like when you gain the relationship (with good writing), not when the game already starts like that. But again, it was still fun, although the story was a bit repetitive after a while.

No More Money simply gives a "good feel vibe", in that sense is very relatable to Oialt. Yes the plot is completly different, and the story is slow pace, but the MC is very likeable and has a great relationship with the girls. Also, the relationship with the mother and sister surprisingly didn't feel odd, unlike most games with that kind of content, but that may be explained with the game being slow paced. But the slow pace isn't bland, it really focused on strenghtning the chemistry with the female characters. The father wasn't straight evil as in Oailt but still is a dick , although he still likes his family, he's just oblivious. The writing imo is the best strength, and his effort of making nearly every girl likeable is somewhat similar to Caribdis.

Just imagine Oailt with a slower pace, and less focus on the comedy. That's what No More Money is.
I play a lot of other style games as well, just recommended HS games more since they asked for games similar to OiaLt

Artemis and Pale Carnations are really good imo, well worth for the story/art. Definitely games that take a while to pick up though.

Desert Stalkers the other sister was basically slow burn, basically she was MC's successor so he wanted a different life for her, though later she gets with MC as well. Younger sister was weird to just be with at the start, but I guess they explain later through her that she's happy with her current lifestyle as she doesn't have the skillset of her older sister. (though its a dystopian world so their standards are different of course) I agree it would have been nice if she was 0 - 100 as well though, instead of starting off already with MC, though I didn't mind it that much.

I've been waiting for next episode comes out for No More Money to get into it, but didn't know much about it, good to see it has feel good vibe. Nice to hear the mother/sister content isn't rushed, but I hope the father isn't completely innocent, as I love a good deserved netori lol :sneaky:

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
I play a lot of other style games as well, just recommended HS games more since they asked for games similar to OiaLt

Artemis and Pale Carnations are really good imo, well worth for the story/art. Definitely games that take a while to pick up though.

Desert Stalkers the other sister was basically slow burn, basically she was MC's successor so he wanted a different life for her, though later she gets with MC as well. Younger sister was weird to just be with at the start, but I guess they explain later through her that she's happy with her current lifestyle as she doesn't have the skillset of her older sister. (though its a dystopian world so their standards are different of course) I agree it would have been nice if she was 0 - 100 as well though, instead of starting off already with MC, though I didn't mind it that much.

I've been waiting for next episode comes out for No More Money to get into it, but didn't know much about it, good to see it has feel good vibe. Nice to hear the mother/sister content isn't rushed, but I hope the father isn't completely innocent, as I love a good deserved netori lol :sneaky:
It doesn't have netori yet, although the dad starts to think the mother is in a relationship after some time due to how she acts, so maybe in the future, who knows. The dad isn't innocent, just is the usual "failure" father, wastes the money, disappears for quite a long time, blames everything into his family and not himself, starts to drink, etc. He isn't a bad guy at heart, but doesn't acknowledge he failed. Basicly, he's a bad father, but not a bad guy, unlike Oialt. It also has a much darker atmosphere than Oailt, which makes the good moments with the girls feel great (not only the sexy stuff, but actually hapiness ones). That's what I mean about "feel good" vibe.

And yes, there is a new release around the corner, but the game already has a decent amount of content, you probably won't reach the latest release, unless the dev really gets lazy. Oailt will continue to be my favorite game, but still had a lot of fun with No More Money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phase_01

Tyanon02

Apr 12, 2023
Mentioning Bangladesh gets an instant 5/5 from me. Great game btw, tho im not that far into it yet

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
I doesn't have netori yet, although the dad starts to think the mother is in a relationship after some time due to how she acts, so maybe in the future, who knows. The dad isn't innocent, just is the usual "failure" father, wastes the money, disappears for quite a long time, blames everything into his family and not himself, starts to drink, etc. He isn't a bad guy at heart, but doesn't acknowledge he failed. Basicly, he's a bad father, but not a bad guy, unlike Oialt. It also has a much darker atmosphere than Oailt, which makes the good moments with the girls feel great (not only the sexy stuff, but actually hapiness ones). That's what I mean about "feel good" vibe.

And yes, there is a new release around the corner, but the game already has a decent amount of content, you probably won't reach the latest release, unless the dev really gets lazy. Oailt will continue to be my favorite game, but still had a lot of fun with No More Money.
Yea I started it, not a fan of the early animations, hoping it gets better, but the renders and models are really nice.
The only game so far where I feel I shouldn't choose the "cheating" options lol

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Yea I started it, not a fan of the early animations, hoping it gets better, but the renders and models are really nice.
The only game so far where I feel I shouldn't choose the "cheating" options lol
Indeed, and that's what I like in the game. You win relationships for doing what's right and others lose for doing what's wrong. Hence the "feel good" vibe. But in some extent that's relatable to Oailt as well, the good choices were also pretty obvious.

Reactions: Phase_01

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
One of the funniest games I've ever played. The developer is a genius at using the constraints of the visual novel to accomplish some extremely funny gags, and the writing had a lot of laugh out moments for me. Apart from that it had an interesting plot, a great cast of characters, and a horny but weirdly wholesome tone I've never seen done anywhere else. Just a fantastic game. I love it.
You have a good taste :) when you can (don’t remember if they are limited by posts), you should put both this and Eternum’s messages in to the reviews. Just click the stars, select a rating and paste these in. Ratings are a great tool to find good games on the latest updates page.

4.80 star(s) 925 Votes