VN Ren'Py Abandoned Once Upon a Time in Dream Town [Ch. 5 Add.1 - SPECIAL EDITION] [VIGOR]

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes

Klauw1988

Aug 23, 2020
Anyone here still subscribed on Patreon and willing to post the Patreon news updates from the last couple weeks?
I asked on the Telegram group about the latest news, only message I got is from a random guy saying "check Patreon." I'm not going to spend money to get some "news" about the project. I haven't responded to that guy, i'm not going to start a useless discussion about it.

They vanished out of nowhere, after they have announced that the new chapter is going to be released soon. Weeks later or let's say months later, they posted a message out of nowhere that they had problems. But those problems are solved again and the work continue's.

And now suddenly we need to spend money to get news about the project?

First I supported this project, but after they went all quiet, I don't support it anymore. They lack in communication, and now it seems they are doing it again. If they really want to earn money with this project, then they should start thinking in being more active, more communication and being honest about update releases.

They should rethink their marketing to be honest. They are not very believable anymore.

I do understand that people need to get payed, but this is not the way how. If we need to spend money to get early access, full release or what so ever, I'm completly fine. But asking money for news about the project is just............... :sick:

I wish there was a sort of Steam platfrom, but then just for adult games. Where people can upload their games and people can try a "free" trial or just buy the game, and recieve all the updates for free. People can also leave reviews with a indepth news page included, where developers can post their progress and news. Just like Steam does...

Patreon is just a way to "scam" customers without any punishment. They can just go off radar and people are still paying for it, montly. Games like Milfy City is a big example of this.

Developers should be encouraged to update their games and release more content. Because that will get them more money, it shouldn't be the otherway around, like how it goes right now.

Last edited:

bodyharvest

Feb 26, 2018
They vanished out of nowhere, after they have announced that the new chapter is going to be released soon. Weeks later or let's say months later, they posted a message out of nowhere that they had problems. But those problems are solved again and the work continue's.

And now suddenly we need to spend money to get news about the project?
And nothing about refunding the months they were gone. And paying for text/news updates? I don't think so. I was subscribed to their patreon, but I ended that when it went quiet.

I mean it sucks that someone got ill and the team has problems and all, but come on man, have some respect to your subscribers. This is ridiculous. I see six likes by their "Hey we're back!" post. Those are some diehard fans man...

Klauw1988

Aug 23, 2020
And nothing about refunding the months they were gone. And paying for text/news updates? I don't think so. I was subscribed to their patreon, but I ended that when it went quiet.

I mean it sucks that someone got ill and the team has problems and all, but come on man, have some respect to your subscribers. This is ridiculous. I see six likes by their "Hey we're back!" post. Those are some diehard fans man...
Afcourse, I think exactly the same. It sucks if someone gets sick and the work can't continue. But be more open and honest if a projects got temporarily cancelt and disable Patreon for the time being. Sometimes I do get a feeling that some developers do it on purpose to milk some extra money without doing any effort.

I'm not saying that Vigor did the same, maybe they haven't thought about the outcome. But asking money for project news is a bit fishy.

I really hope that they are looking in our feedback and do something about it.

McZoy

Aug 6, 2018
It is just milking time. They are trying to have as much profit as possible without any effort before abandoning the project. It is regular practice from many Devs.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
some people will stay patrons until the patreon page is taken down even if no new content

VIGOR GAMES

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2021
Friends, don't worry. We will release an update soon, we regularly write about the progress of work on our Patreon. Please note that we, all this time there are no updates, do not call on anyone to support us on Patreon. When we release the update, it will be up to everyone to support us or not)) We are very aware that we have undermined your trust, but we really persevered back to work and will do everything in our power to restore your trust back.

LaoAnjin

Jul 24, 2017
The last update was released around 5-6 months ago. Considering that the game basically it's like a photo album with different paths, so there is nothing to draw or to paint, there are only pics and software, easy and fast.
Don't forget that, if you have the plot in mind, you may perform the whole pics in one week of work (like a lot of internet model sites do)..try to imagine how many photos you may do in 5 months :eek: so, the update must to be very very very big...Ops I forgot...IF will be released an update.

Darkblaze23

Oct 25, 2020
The last update was released around 5-6 months ago. Considering that the game basically it's like a photo album with different paths, so there is nothing to draw or to paint, there are only pics and software, easy and fast.
Don't forget that, if you have the plot in mind, you may perform the whole pics in one week of work (like a lot of internet model sites do)..try to imagine how many photos you may do in 5 months :eek: so, the update must to be very very very big...Ops I forgot...IF will be released an update.
What's IF ?

RealSwede

Jun 2, 2018
If you go to their Patreon, even not signed in, you can see from the 11th March: "I sat down to write the script for Chapter 5". Does this mean that all the previous promises of it being out 'soon' were just them blowing smoke? Even back in Oct/Nov they didn't have the script for the November photoshoot, if that even happened.

I really want to support a game like this. It's a novel concept in this market, but the dev has let the community down again and again.

McZoy

Aug 6, 2018
If you go to their Patreon, even not signed in, you can see from the 11th March: "I sat down to write the script for Chapter 5". Does this mean that all the previous promises of it being out 'soon' were just them blowing smoke? Even back in Oct/Nov they didn't have the script for the November photoshoot, if that even happened.

I really want to support a game like this. It's a novel concept in this market, but the dev has let the community down again and again.
The possibility to have an update is unfortunately extremely low, close to zero :cool: :cool:. The devs are only trying to extend milking period.

Reactions: LaoAnjin

VIGOR GAMES

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2021
RealSwede
The script for Chapter Five has been written. But I decided to change the approach to the storytelling style in order to better reveal the characters and events. Therefore, it was decided to rewrite the script for Chapter 5. At the moment, the script has been almost completely changed into a new format. It remains to add a little and make the final edits. And then I'll give it to our programmer to write code. All photos are already ready from the end of December. On our Patreon, I explained in detail to our patrons the reasons for the delay. Some take it for granted, some don't.

LaoAnjin
Your statement that it "Must be very very very big" is a little misleading. Because we don't owe anything to anyone, we distribute the game for free. I want to clarify and explain what I mean, so as not to run into excessive criticism now:

We take the support on Patreon as support and gratitude for what we have done before. Rather than buying what we will do in the future, we are not selling our game, we are distributing it for free here. And those who liked this game (what we have already done) can support us on Patreon. We weren't raising money up front before any release, were we? We collected the amount from our savings ourselves, hired a photographer, actors, rented locations, equipment. And at the same time, they did not collect money in advance, before the release of the game. Why are you now demanding something from us in advance?) Therefore, the support that we have now is gratitude for what we have done before.
Of course, we are grateful to our Patreons for their support, it motivates us to continue this, and without it we would not be able to release new updates. But again, I repeat - This is support for our work already done, and not payment for future content. And everyone is free to determine the level of this support. There are people who are willing to wait and are sympathetic to the reasons for our delay, they like what we have already done and they are ready to help us continue. In contrast, there are people who cancel their subscription simply because, in their opinion, we post enough photos))) People are very different, you can't please everyone. In any case, we will release an update, and those who want to support us, they will support, and those who do not want to do this, he will not support, no matter what the update is.

I want to convey a simple thing -
Supporting on Patreon is not about buying upcoming updates, it's about thanking for the work already done.
We don't sell our game, we distribute it for free. If you look at the statistics of downloads from our file hosting sites only here, you will see that several thousand people play the game!, and support at the peak moment on Patreon was about two hundred people. It turns out that everyone else plays it absolutely free! And we don’t complain about it)) I’m not surprised because it’s quite likely that of those who didn’t support the game at all, they can sit here and make some claims to us and demand something from us)) But I repeat- here we don't owe anything to anyone, especially "very very very big update". All support is thanks for the work already done) And those who support our game can write to us on our Patreon, we always answer there.

I hope I have explained my thoughts on this matter clearly and in detail. If something can be incomprehensible, then I'm sorry - English is not my native language (
In conclusion, I want to thank all those who continue to support us and those who are waiting for renewal and believe in us. There will definitely be an update! And I want to wish everyone a peaceful sky over their heads in this difficult time. Peace!

davsun

Nov 15, 2021
RealSwede
The script for Chapter Five has been written. But I decided to change the approach to the storytelling style in order to better reveal the characters and events. Therefore, it was decided to rewrite the script for Chapter 5. At the moment, the script has been almost completely changed into a new format. It remains to add a little and make the final edits. And then I'll give it to our programmer to write code. All photos are already ready from the end of December. On our Patreon, I explained in detail to our patrons the reasons for the delay. Some take it for granted, some don't.

LaoAnjin
Your statement that it "Must be very very very big" is a little misleading. Because we don't owe anything to anyone, we distribute the game for free. I want to clarify and explain what I mean, so as not to run into excessive criticism now:

We take the support on Patreon as support and gratitude for what we have done before. Rather than buying what we will do in the future, we are not selling our game, we are distributing it for free here. And those who liked this game (what we have already done) can support us on Patreon. We weren't raising money up front before any release, were we? We collected the amount from our savings ourselves, hired a photographer, actors, rented locations, equipment. And at the same time, they did not collect money in advance, before the release of the game. Why are you now demanding something from us in advance?) Therefore, the support that we have now is gratitude for what we have done before.
Of course, we are grateful to our Patreons for their support, it motivates us to continue this, and without it we would not be able to release new updates. But again, I repeat - This is support for our work already done, and not payment for future content. And everyone is free to determine the level of this support. There are people who are willing to wait and are sympathetic to the reasons for our delay, they like what we have already done and they are ready to help us continue. In contrast, there are people who cancel their subscription simply because, in their opinion, we post enough photos))) People are very different, you can't please everyone. In any case, we will release an update, and those who want to support us, they will support, and those who do not want to do this, he will not support, no matter what the update is.

Supporting on Patreon is not about buying upcoming updates, it's about thanking for the work already done.
We don't sell our game, we distribute it for free. If you look at the statistics of downloads from our file hosting sites only here, you will see that several thousand people play the game!, and support at the peak moment on Patreon was about two hundred people. It turns out that everyone else plays it absolutely free! And we don’t complain about it)) I’m not surprised because it’s quite likely that of those who didn’t support the game at all, they can sit here and make some claims to us and demand something from us)) But I repeat- here we don't owe anything to anyone, especially "very very very big update". All support is thanks for the work already done) And those who support our game can write to us on our Patreon, we always answer there.

I hope I have explained my thoughts on this matter clearly and in detail. If something can be incomprehensible, then I'm sorry - English is not my native language (
In conclusion, I want to thank all those who continue to support us and those who are waiting for renewal and believe in us. There will definitely be an update! And I want to wish everyone a peaceful sky over their heads in this difficult time. Peace!
Keep doing your great job, people talk a lot, but they dont know what they are saying, the only ones you need to listen are yours patrons, becouse they help and suport you. Thanks for the great work.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
those who want to support us, they will support, and those who do not want to do this, he will not support, no matter what the update is.
Sure.

Supporting on Patreon is not about buying upcoming updates,
You're right

it's about thanking for the work already done.
Not entirely right. One month support may be a thanking for work done, but staying multiple months is to fund future updates

McZoy

Aug 6, 2018
RealSwede

LaoAnjin

RealSwede

LaoAnjin

Hi many thanks for your great game. I dont use to argue but unfortunately previous experiences from other devs practice made many of us quite pessimistic. I would like also to add that if you want to thank someone for the work done, you would do it once. Continuous support is for the future. Hope to see your project continue. Kind regards

Last edited:

joebg

Feb 10, 2020
RealSwede

LaoAnjin

Thanks for the update! Keep it up and know your work is appreciated.

LaoAnjin

Jul 24, 2017
Uh...so I don't was supporting at Patreon in order to have an uncensored game...there is only one version, omg, I was so stupid....thank you very much for your clarification!!! (y)

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes