Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
The subject of this history might be a bit controversy for some people but still zoey already said it will be light hearted story, personally don't know why people do this kind of drugs knowing their effects, already tried some kind of drugs(weed, hash, mdma, lsd) but allways stay away from hard shit even coke I refused to try, the only thing I still do is smoke weed but sometimes I'm without smoking it for a year and smoke again and stop again.
So my thoughts about it and sorry if you think I'm harsh on that but everyone sleep on the bed they make, so I don't feel pitty or empathy for them or something like that.
Don't mind it in the game if it isn't too hard on that thing, I was "enjoying it" till the moment that Mary decides to try the needle and you could not do anything to avoid it, I will still keep playing to see were it goes and I wish you all the best zoey.
Congratulations, you don't have the disease. It's not like one day I decided I was going to be a heroin addict. It doesn't work that way. Also Mary was gonna do it no matter what because her disease had progressed to that point. For someone who can dabble, take it or leave it you really wouldn't understand, and I mean no disrespect by that, because it's not rational. Glad you tried the game and hope you come back.

Balthazaar10

Jan 4, 2019
Always hated the way people call heroine a "disease".. as if it's like the flu or cancer and something that just happens. Imo it's a choice (and yes I'm talking from experience). Unless someone forces you to do it (& past the point of no return) it will always have been a choice. There is a point EVERY user reaches where they KNOW if they keep taking it they will end up addicted and injecting. You know when once a week turns into twice and thrice and then everyday and twice a day... YOU KNOW at this point if you don't stop you WILL be a full blown addict and end up like "Junkie Joe" who lives outside the shop (we all knew one)... and there isn't a single user who at that stage hasn't seen someone totally fked like "Junkie Joe" to say to themselves I don't want to end up like that. What happens is people say to themselves "it will never happen to me"... but it does because it's guaranteed with heroine. So it's a choice... and bad choice, but a choice none the less. You know there was a point where you knew that if you kept on taking it you were going to be addicted.
Congrats for getting off it though.. I've seen many people lost to it and very few come back from it.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Always hated the way people call heroine a "disease".. as if it's like the flu or cancer and something that just happens. Imo it's a choice (and yes I'm talking from experience). Unless someone forces you to do it (& past the point of no return) it will always have been a choice. There is a point EVERY user reaches where they KNOW if they keep taking it they will end up addicted and injecting. You know when once a week turns into twice and thrice and then everyday and twice a day... YOU KNOW at this point if you don't stop you WILL be a full blown addict and end up like "Junkie Joe" who lives outside the shop (we all knew one)... and there isn't a single user who at that stage hasn't seen someone totally fked like "Junkie Joe" to say to themselves I don't want to end up like that. What happens is people say to themselves "it will never happen to me"... but it does because it's guaranteed with heroine. So it's a choice... and bad choice, but a choice none the less. You know there was a point where you knew that if you kept on taking it you were going to be addicted.
Congrats for getting off it though.. I've seen many people lost to it and very few come back from it.
That would be your opinion and you're gonna hate my game if that's what you think because that's not how doctors see it and it's not how 12 step programs see it either. Maybe you were just addicted to opiates, that's always possible, there are people who can become physically addicted but don't have a disease of the mind and an allergy of the body (people who have to take long term pain medication for example) so you can have that opinion, but know it's just that, and not backed up by science. I don't mind I'm a big boy I can take it, but I've worked with too many people and seen them get clean (sometimes for years) just to go back out and use again for someone to tell me it's not a disease. But, we can agree to disagree.

Last edited:

APMaster

Mar 8, 2020
It is a disease, that is often caused by a choice. Much like smoking related lung cancer, binge-drinking related liver disease, sex related AIDS, and poor diet related heart disease.

Roninsoul7

Mar 24, 2020

Sometimes you don't have a choice though. The first drugs I ever took were before I was born, my mother did everything that existed back in '75, so I was born addicted and drunk. The next time I had crack injected into me because that same mother got angry, sat on my chest and stabbed me with her crack needle in the face repeatedly. I got addicted to alcohol when I was 7 because she hit me in the head with a full beer bottle, then thought it would be funny to pour it down my throat, the "choice" I had was swallow or drown.
There is always a choice to continue, for instance I never went into drugs because I was terrified of needles after that and I knew where they would lead, but I did start drinking heavily to deal with the pain of the abuse, mental, physical and sexual my mother put me through. It's not fair to say everyone has a choice, because that means everyone has the same circumstance. It took me years to be the only member of my family to not be addicted to anything besides cigarettes, and years of painful withdrawl, near relapses when my life collapsed due to my untreated PTSD.
It wasn't until I knew I had a daughter coming that I decided to get help no matter what, and even then as a male it took a long time for people to take me seriously.
Never assume there is a choice, because sometimes there truly isn't one that will allow you to live.

Roninsoul7

Mar 24, 2020
Zoey Raven I just finished the game, and wow, I love how the story goes so far. I used the mod for no better reason than you cannot play a modder's game and NOT mod it hehe.
Different drug of choice, but a lot of the thoughts the character have are the same that an alcoholic has all the time, right down to how to hide it, being charismatic enough to have people get more for you, and just generally trying to make everyone around believe you are "normal". It really resonates with me, being 13 years sober myself, I'm glad to see the other side, though with my phobia of needles, I am so glad I can hit the enter button fast, I missed some dialogue that way though.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Zoey Raven I just finished the game, and wow, I love how the story goes so far. I used the mod for no better reason than you cannot play a modder's game and NOT mod it hehe.
Different drug of choice, but a lot of the thoughts the character have are the same that an alcoholic has all the time, right down to how to hide it, being charismatic enough to have people get more for you, and just generally trying to make everyone around believe you are "normal". It really resonates with me, being 13 years sober myself, I'm glad to see the other side, though with my phobia of needles, I am so glad I can hit the enter button fast, I missed some dialogue that way though.
Addiction is addiction, I was an alcoholic long before I graduated to hard drugs, but I'm grateful for the hard drugs because they brought me to my knees (to a bottom) faster than I might have had I just continued drinking. I personally attend AA not NA, because it's just better where I live. Plus I resonate as both. I heard someone speak on time who said. "I drank mine, you snorted or shot yours, yet how we recovered was the same way. It's all the same disease.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
One Day at a Time Chapter 1d (First Release Post Final!) (11/30/20)

Overview:
In One Day at a Time you will take the role of an active heroin addict. You live with your girlfriend Lydia who is also an addict. Along the way you will meet several other women and have the chance to romance, or ultimately corrupt them. There will be many important decisions to make on your journey that will lead you either down a path to redemption or debasement. Will you make the choice to keep living the only life you know, by whatever means necessary, or will you embrace a new way of life. This is entirely up to you...
Although the game contains heavy subject matter there is plenty of humanity and humor as well. These are not street bum junkies. I wanted to shed light on what it's like to be addicted to drugs, and what it takes to maintain that or ultimately say enough is enough and choose to get clean. This game is very personal to me based on past experience. All of the characters are fictional, but the lifestyle is not. Since I am anonymous here I would like to take the time to say I've been sober for over 12 years, just so no one thinks I'm currently living this life, but I certainly did.

(Android has not yet been updated this is Chapter 1 Fix I will post it as soon a Wills has a chance to update it)
Change Log:
Chapter 1 d
Added music
Drastically reduced the file size (Thank you Webp)
Simplified code in a few areas (No need to start a new save)
Typos, dialogue fixes and additions.
Walkthrough is attached at the bottom of the post.

Note: This game will NOT have NTR, and the game IS animated. There is already and will continue to be plenty of erotic content.

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Those are the healthiest looking heroin addicts I've ever seen. And my mom dated a drug dealer in an area lousy with them when I was a teen.

Reactions: Grelk

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
One Day at a Time Chapter 1d (First Release Post Final!) (11/30/20)

Overview:
In One Day at a Time you will take the role of an active heroin addict. You live with your girlfriend Lydia who is also an addict. Along the way you will meet several other women and have the chance to romance, or ultimately corrupt them. There will be many important decisions to make on your journey that will lead you either down a path to redemption or debasement. Will you make the choice to keep living the only life you know, by whatever means necessary, or will you embrace a new way of life. This is entirely up to you...
Although the game contains heavy subject matter there is plenty of humanity and humor as well. These are not street bum junkies. I wanted to shed light on what it's like to be addicted to drugs, and what it takes to maintain that or ultimately say enough is enough and choose to get clean. This game is very personal to me based on past experience. All of the characters are fictional, but the lifestyle is not. Since I am anonymous here I would like to take the time to say I've been sober for over 12 years, just so no one thinks I'm currently living this life, but I certainly did.
Mega - PC
Mega - Mac
Mega - Android (Android has not yet been updated this is Chapter 1 Fix I will post it as soon a Wills has a chance to update it)
Change Log:
Chapter 1 d
Added music
Drastically reduced the file size (Thank you Webp)
Simplified code in a few areas (No need to start a new save)
Typos, dialogue fixes and additions.
Walkthrough is attached at the bottom of the post.

Note: This game will NOT have NTR, and the game IS animated. There is already and will continue to be plenty of erotic content.
Ah, so this is just kinda ironing out a few things before continuing. That's cool. Yeah, I will still go for it, to check these changes out, but yeah, I am still curious on where the story is going. ;) But anyways, thank you.

Reactions: Zoey Raven

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1st off ... look at brad pitt ... leo Cpario ... angelina ... they all do hard drugs and look spotless.
2nd off ... try to understand this as alcohool : you rest/eat/exercise and recover before your next dose ...
3rd off ... if you get a spouse and get it on .. that is the strongest medicine known to man or woman!
4th off .. get laid and lay off the addictions. Be addicted to somebody and better yourselves together.
Those are the healthiest looking heroin addicts I've ever seen. And my mom dated a drug dealer in an area lousy with them when I was a teen.
The choice is to do nothing. Taking the reigns means doing the right thing. Being poor means you survive because you
cannot afford to overdose. Some choose to not be poor but be driven to hustle to get it. Then overdose comes.

It is a disease, that is often caused by a choice. Much like smoking related lung cancer, binge-drinking related liver disease, sex related AIDS, and poor diet related heart disease.
You are a good example there is treatment, help from society, help from firends to keep you occupied with
not doing drugs. Be with people, be out of your home and into activities with your friends.
Do not allow yourself to get upset or tired or lonesome. Just be in the streets and talk to people.
Anything off the dealers and the narcs and the spiteful ”healthy” pretentious neighbors.

Sometimes you don't have a choice though. The first drugs I ever took were before I was born, my mother did everything that existed back in '75, so I was born addicted and drunk. The next time I had crack injected into me because that same mother got angry, sat on my chest and stabbed me with her crack needle in the face repeatedly. I got addicted to alcohol when I was 7 because she hit me in the head with a full beer bottle, then thought it would be funny to pour it down my throat, the "choice" I had was swallow or drown.
There is always a choice to continue, for instance I never went into drugs because I was terrified of needles after that and I knew where they would lead, but I did start drinking heavily to deal with the pain of the abuse, mental, physical and sexual my mother put me through. It's not fair to say everyone has a choice, because that means everyone has the same circumstance. It took me years to be the only member of my family to not be addicted to anything besides cigarettes, and years of painful withdrawl, near relapses when my life collapsed due to my untreated PTSD.
Recovery comes from mingling with many people, be engaged, do a lot of stuff with people, not alone and do not
allow yourself the luxury of doubt, of saddness, of reclusiveness.
Addiction is addiction, I was an alcoholic long before I graduated to hard drugs, but I'm grateful for the hard drugs because they brought me to my knees (to a bottom) faster than I might have had I just continued drinking. I personally attend AA not NA, because it's just better where I live. Plus I resonate as both. I heard someone speak on time who said. "I drank mine, you snorted or shot yours, yet how we recovered was the same way. It's all the same disease.
These comments are all great eye openers for gamers to be out there and socialize.
Talk about games and feel you are worth something greater than yourself - the community you engage with.

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Ah, so this is just kinda ironing out a few things before continuing. That's cool. Yeah, I will still go for it, to check these changes out, but yeah, I am still curious on where the story is going. ;) But anyways, thank you.
I mostly wanted to add the music for those who like that like myself. I know not everyone does, but that can either turn it on off which works for everyone.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Wow ... Zoey Raven the greatest Trinity for good game design:

modder - you know how good coding looks like ... yummm.

walkthrough-er - you know how to point gamers into the right direction
to get the scenes and further their game game experience

dev - you now have the full weight of the other 2 heavy on your shoulders .. show us what you have learned.

Game oN!

Reactions: Grelk

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
I mostly wanted to add the music for those who like that like myself. I know not everyone does, but that can either turn it on off which works for everyone.
No problem, I played through it really quick, mainly because I remembered all my choices previously, and mostly wanted to hear the music, and I liked it. Really adds to it IMO. Again, thank you.

TheRef

Aug 2, 2019
A disease you catch or it's genetic. If I commit suicide is that a new disease? You did use two important key words tho, choice & poor..

Torgov69

Aug 31, 2020

This is a pretty emotional topic for anybody who has lived it. One thing to keep in mind is that not everybody has the same awareness. Some are in denial. Some got lost and never consciously understood the path they were headed down. It is great that you had this awareness, but I do not think you can speak for everybody and I hope that you can come to realize that everybody's experience is different, just as their reactions to various situations and stress are different.

Zoey, I applaud you on your reserved and honest reply.

Mr. TotoJ

Mar 29, 2020
Excited to play this game Zoey, you've already done so much for the community! Thank you for sharing insight as to why you made it, that's very brave.

Reactions: Torgov69
4.50 star(s) 129 Votes