"Kimber

Nov 23, 2017
Ok, for anyone who got equal Sober/Junkie points at the end of Chapter 6 by some miracle, or cheat menu, drop the attached file in your 'game' folder and RELOAD then pick a path! Thanks ShaddyModda (Android can just use the cheat menu to change to more points of Junkie or Sober).
The file is not downloading, can you add it as a rar or zip file?

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Hey ShaddyModda, out of interest, how did you implement the fix? If equal then sober/junkie? Or did you let people choose either?
choice. But once you choose it. it will wipe out any points you may have on the other path. so if you decide to try going clean. you will lose ALL Junkie points, and vice versa. it was done this way for reasons discussed with Zoey.

Reactions: eightypercent

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Is there a way to see how many points you have of each?
The cheat mod should show that I think. Is that right ShaddyModda ? You can always use the developer functions with Unren. I didn't put any chapter end screens because I honestly didn't want people to be able to see points. I just never dreamed when I coded that someone would naturally have equal amounts of both. Also no one mentioned having the problem during testing on Patreon tiers. So we just made the patch instead of having to reupload the game, and redo the android port which takes a while.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
The cheat mod should show that I think. Is that right ShaddyModda ? You can always use the developer functions with Unren. I didn't put any chapter end screens because I honestly didn't want people to be able to see points. I just never dreamed when I coded that someone would naturally have equal amounts of both. Also no one mentioned having the problem during testing on Patreon tiers. So we just made the patch instead of having to reupload the game, and redo the android port which takes a while.
I removed the cheat portion specifically to prevent issues like this. I'll re-add it for the next update since several people have asked me about it.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I was shocked to find hospitals could ban people even from the ER. Thought that was illegal. Worked in D&A treatment and saw the manipulation. Lot of my coworkers were in treatment. Also blocking the subloxone. Would think they'd be happy to see someone trying to get well. Or if they refused would offer a detox bed. Seems the system can work against people trying to get recovery. I read the big book trying to understand how it is and the stories even from like the 1950s and before! Also, those in NA where I worked were usually also dual diagnosis, the alcoholics (2nd time DUI offenders) usually were not.
They can ban drug seekers, from the premise. But, I'm sure if you had a life threatening injury they would still treat you. Big difference there.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
They can ban drug seekers, from the premise. But, I'm sure if you had a life threatening injury they would still treat you. Big difference there.
that was the whole issue ... people going there to get the drugs .. not break from them ... see the whole game you have created hits home for me .. i was a bad user for awhile ... wasn't easy to kick the monkey on your back ... believe me .. i'm sorry if this seems somewhat off topic .. but the game brings back memories for me :eek:

ghost_terror

Jul 5, 2017
Yeah, unfortunately, reading is a requirement for this game.

Meet'N'Fuck games can be found elsewhere, though.
I don't want a game where I don't read. I want a game that is an "interesting" read. None stop chi-chat is not interesting. You have to have balance, this game is almost nothing but chi-chat from start to finish. I like the parts where the guy and his girlfriend have their romantic exchanges and the date you have with the sober blonde chick so the game have it's good bits but it's oversaturated with excesive chi-chat is all I'm saying. Cut the chi-chat and add more interesting exchanges. Not everybody likes to talk, I'm a quiet person so excessive talkative chi-chatting people that love to talk about nothing for hours anoy the hell out of me. Sorry :rolleyes:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't want a game where I don't read. I want a game that is an "interesting" read. None stop chi-chat is not interesting. You have to have balance, this game is almost nothing but chi-chat from start to finish. I like the parts where the guy and his girlfriend have their romantic exchanges and the date you have with the sober blonde chick so the game have it's good bits but it's oversaturated with excesive chi-chat is all I'm saying. Cut the chi-chat and add more interesting exchanges. Not everybody likes to talk, I'm a quiet person so excessive talkative chi-chatting people that love to talk about nothing for hours anoy the hell out of me. Sorry :rolleyes:
What they meant was Raven has gone over this with someone before, people like the dialogue so that's not going to change.

Ok, I'll put this to bed by saying every word I wrote I feel needs to be there. If it's not your cup of tea that's fine. I am a huge fan of Russian novels. Some people don't like them at all. Maybe there are other games you can find that aren't as dialogue heavy. I respect your opinion but also do not agree with it. It's my hope you don't see my comment as negative. Like I said there are plenty of games that are more mainstream with lighter subject matter and quicker transitions from one scene to the next, that's just not my game. Again thank you for your comments and suggestions regardless.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Pretty damn good update!

I don't agree at all that the game is too text heavy. The text to sex ratio is high sure but the dialogue itself flows pretty well and is all important. My only problem is playing this game update to update makes the text less interesting because you're less invested. When I first loaded up this update I found myself skimming the dialogue with Rick because I wasn't that interested in the intricies of step work but then I did a fresh playthrough and was invested in MC again and their journey and was caring again a lot more that I took the time to read everything - maybe best to just check back in a few months and play multiple updates.

I have to say I hate NTR but love games with avoidable NTR and in those I still load up and play the "bad" ending just to see what it looks like - here I can't imagine I'll ever do a Junkie run through it just seems so harsh. I'm a psychiatry resident so I deal with SUD's (Substance Use Disorder) patients on a daily basis but I've never known someone personally with a SUD so it's super interesting to play with this game because clearly Zoey has some personal experience with SUD's.

Because I've never played the Junkie path I kind of wonder though - this seemed like the first update where the two paths diverge pretty significantly? Does the MC even seek out a sponsor if they are a junkie? Because I saw I had too many sober points that the option to do coke at Mary's was completely greyed out which was a big deal.

I'm a little confused if it was Zoey's own walkthrough or the mod but it kind of gave away the ending I think when at the working for Brenda choice (last update I know but I did a fresh playthrough) it says "if you choose not to work for her you miss out on the perfect Lydia/Mary threesome ending". From subbing to his (I thought from the name Zoey meant Zoey Raven was a girl but this game clearly states they're a man?) Patreon I know the authors favorite girl is Lydia but I really hope the game isn't completely written around having Lydia be the only "good" endgame pairing and that different girls or combos of girls (probably too complex) get endings also. The MC really has no reason to break up with Lydia in the Sober path so far but man....she is really grating. When I was in HS and college I really loved girls with "strong personalities" but finishing med school and hitting the far end of 20 I've come to realize a strong personality where you are 24/7 sparring with your partner is mostly just cause she's a bitch. There were more tender moments with Lydia this update especially when discussing sobriety but right now she seems like the kind of girl you'd want to be with while you're high while Samantha/Audrey/Mary all seem like the kind of girl you'd want to be with sober. Guess we'll have to see what kind of people they're both like sober (and please god give Lydia an adults haircut and lose the hooker lipstick - harsh I know but come on...)

Poor Melissa I feel like if there is anyone who won't be able to get sober its her (though in truth eating disorders are much more "incurable" than SUD's but we all know Mary will get a happy ending). MC really should've invited her to hang out with everyone.

I'm subbed to the author on patreon but I don't know that I've ever seen them mention how many chapters they mean to do? Will the game end shortly after they get sober and then a flashforward epilogue? Or will it go on for a while and show the struggles of maintaining sobriety?

Anyways - goodwork Zoey Raven you are a machine don't know many authors that have such meaty updates on what seems to be a month to month basis.
Pretty much all your questions have been asked and answered in the thread. I will however state since you mentioned NTR. It is noted twice in the OP and in several posts in the thread this game will NEVER have it. Glad you enjoy the game. If you wait 3 updates you will have a lot of catching up to do, because my updates are not small.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
What they meant was Raven has gone over this with someone before, people like the dialogue so that's not going to change.
ghost_terror
What he said. I think it's a disaster when devs allow players to dictate any part of the creative process. I've seen it happen. My game might not be your cup of tea, but a lot of people enjoy it. Also I don't know another way to write, and tbh this is a lot like how my friends and I interact IRL.

Last edited:
Reactions: jufot
4.50 star(s) 129 Votes