Jul 6, 2021
Pretty sure I am on the clean path, as both MC and Lydia said they really want to try, got the subloxine, went to meetings. MC saw cocaine out in the open and refused to do any. Sounds good. I want to see them end up clean. Real life junkie path leads to the gutter, prison, death.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I thought you knew i'm female?

Obviously you didn't, just thought you did.

Huh, ahh well.
I didn't are you being serious or joking? I can't tell. If you are female, my apologies, I did not know.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I didn't are you being serious or joking? I can't tell. If you are female, my apologies, I did not know.
Yep, I am.

It's okay, no need to apologise, it was an assumption on my part that you knew, no harm done. I think it's a fair thing to assume really, most posters here are male but there is a growing number of females here, even have a few devs which is nice to see.

I tend to go for more lesbian themed stuff but i'm a sucker for a good story and/or romance so found my way here after seeing it praised by a few people I chat to.

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
I passed over this one for several updates until I saw Zoey was the developer. I've enjoyed his WT's and Mods so when I finally noticed this is his work it was a no brainer to give it a go. What I was NOT prepared for was how serious this story is. It brought back some personal bad memories concerning the subject matter as I have lost good friends and family to addiction and drugs. I can see some of them in Zoey's characters. That said it's a good story and I will follow this to the end. Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoey Raven

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Just got done with Chapter 6, and back to being caught up with the Dev on this.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But really enjoying this game. Thank you for it, and now I will be looking forward for Chapter 7.

Jul 6, 2021
One of the truest things ever said on this site. With you 110%.
Tell the story as you see fit. Period.
I disagree with this seeing a lot of bad games, but TBH this dev it's as good as it could get. I don't see any way to improve it past the awesome quality already here, from a dev who knows what it's like. Some devs, on the other hand, really need to listen - like the blueballer games.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I disagree with this seeing a lot of bad games, but TBH this dev it's as good as it could get. I don't see any way to improve it past the awesome quality already here, from a dev who knows what it's like. Some devs, on the other hand, really need to listen - like the blueballer games.
I don't mean suggestions are a bad thing per se, but when a dev takes all of them. Or doesn't run one they think is valid past other devs, that's the problem. Some people love these blue baller games and who am I to tell them they shouldn't. I'm with you, I personally can't stand them but, to each their own I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleFredo

shioxu

Aug 2, 2019
This is my new favourite game, the story keeps me in a grip for a few days now. Thanks for making and sharing it with us, Zoey.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Just an FYI about the weighted rating system on F 95. Anything but 5 Stars hurts the searchability of the game. It's very much like the BBB in the United States. I am only mentioning this because someone who privately told me they really liked the game rated it 4 stars and took one off for minor reasons. This took my game from the second page of the weighted ratings list to the third, so now less people will see it, and due to the subject matter that's hard enough already. He thought he was doing something positive. So I just wanted to let people know that doesn't help. For this reason I personally only rate games I'm going to give 5 stars to, because I know anything less hurts the dev. So in conclusion, if you like the game and want to help it be seen more and supported. It's best to not write a review at all unless it's a 5. This is just the way F 95 works. Many of you probably don't know that. So I wanted to make you aware. The rating system is supposed to be changing, but they've been saying that for almost a year now.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This game has 40 reviews of 5 stars so it should be ranked 5 stars. 40 out of 48 means most are maxxed out.
The system should be that which grade is most should win the overall contituancy of each thread.
Just like votes in real ellections, you do not vote, you do not get a say and majority wins.

Would that work better than what it is now?

johnjohn87

Donor
Oct 14, 2018
Zoey Raven I had a problem where the game did not allow me to change the textbox transparency, and it stayed 100% transparent no matter where I placed the slider in the options. I experimented a bit and I believe I found a solution.

Especially, the problem seems to stem from "game\scripts\variables.rpy".
I found out that changing the start of the script to the following, works correctly on a new install (no previous persistent savefile):
Code:
#Variables
init -1:
    if persistent.transparent_text_box == None:
        $persistent.transparent_text_box = False

However, if a persistent savefile already exists, the above change won't work, but then this does:
Code:
#Variables
init -1:

I don't know if this is the best way to resolve the issue, but it certainly worked for me.
Hope this helps.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Zoey Raven I had a problem where the game did not allow me to change the textbox transparency, and it stayed 100% transparent no matter where I placed the slider in the options. I experimented a bit and I believe I found a solution.

Especially, the problem seems to stem from "game\scripts\variables.rpy".
I found out that changing the start of the script to the following, works correctly on a new install (no previous persistent savefile):
Code:
#Variables
init -1:
    if persistent.transparent_text_box == None:

However, if a persistent savefile already exists, the above change won't work, but then this does:
Code:
#Variables
init -1:

I don't know if this is the best way to resolve the issue, but it certainly worked for me.
Hope this helps.
If works for me on either but I'll troubleshoot it before the next update, because that shouldn't be happening and you're not the first person who has said something. I think it's hit or miss and it shouldn't be.

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I can't remember where it was, but someone said the game screen is blurry. I want to clarify that was done on purpose in photoshop, the girls are not everything else is. It's a simulated depth of field which is a technique used in both films and photography. So in short "I mean to do that.". :p

4.50 star(s) 129 Votes