Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Lydia and MC told too many old movie references that they were transported into an old black and white movie. Obviously.
You know it's funny, (especially from some of the self important reviewers who think they are professional critic's) some people actually don't like the film references. Which I personally don't understand. Because it's kind of a second language between my circle of friends. I had one person write "Some people think they are cool by quoting obscure movie references". I'm like NO, it's just fun! Plus it's like 3 tops an update, I think I have one in this update maybe. Idk. Anyway, I find it interesting people have really strong opinions on that one way or the other. Not saying you do, I'm just replying because you brought it up. For me it just breathes a little more life into things.

Last edited:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
You know it's funny, (especially from some of the self important reviewers who think they are professional critic's) some people actually don't like the film references. Which I personally don't understand. Because it's kind of a second language between my circle of friends. I had one person write "Some people think they are cool by quoting obscure movie references". I'm like NO, it's just fun! Plus it's like 3 tops an update, I think I have one in this update maybe. Idk. Anyway, I find it interesting people have really strong opinions on that one way or the other. Not saying you do, I'm just replying because you brought it up. For me it just breathes a little more life into things.
I really like the references. Even when I don't get them (in which case I may look it up if it sounds interesting). It is really common for close friends and family to develop different kinds of internal jargon. So to me this is mostly how people talk in real life. For some it is movie references, for others it is something else. So I think it is spot on that it breathes life into the characters.

And my joke was because my first thought seeing a B&W picture was "old movie". My actual guess is flashback to when Lydia and MC first started to hang out with each other.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I really like the references. Even when I don't get them (in which case I may look it up if it sounds interesting). It is really common for close friends and family to develop different kinds of internal jargon. So to me this is mostly how people talk in real life. For some it is movie references, for others it is something else. So I think it is spot on that it breathes life into the characters.

And my joke was because my first thought seeing a B&W picture was "old movie". My actual guess is flashback to when Lydia and MC first started to hang out with each other.
You're wrong about the spoiler bit, but I'm not giving that away, people will have to play the update when I'm done with it. :p

caravaggio

May 8, 2017
I started this game for the wrong reasons I guess, but after a lot of didascalic writing about addiction I came to the forum to learn more about it. I think it's more than a game and it has all my simpathy, so I don't want to sound harsh and won't criticize game design choices but I'll stick to the technical feedback.

Writing could improve, the dialogues many times feel clunky and they often drag for too long.
Posing is bad, it always feels mechanic and rushed, I get that it must be difficult to use daz, but one can also show care in little details maybe, like not having characters wake up already with make up on...
The pace of the game also feels off, a lot is happening in a too condensed time frame for that to happen.

Anyway, kudos for the project, keep it up.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Zoey Raven. I see you removed a couple of rants. Just allow me to note that there are those of us who appreciate everything that you do, not only in the creation of this wonderful game, but also for the dozens of walkthroughs and mods you manage to produce.

Don't sweat those who criticize your work. Nobody, absolutely nobody has ever created anything that everybody liked. Nor need you worry about achieving perfection. That's an impossible goal. If your game is not perfect, it's still great and the user community would be devastated by its loss.

Consider this a virtual hug. (y) :LOL:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I started this game for the wrong reasons I guess, but after a lot of didascalic writing about addiction I came to the forum to learn more about it. I think it's more than a game and it has all my simpathy, so I don't want to sound harsh and won't criticize game design choices but I'll stick to the technical feedback.

Writing could improve, the dialogues many times feel clunky and they often drag for too long.
Posing is bad, it always feels mechanic and rushed, I get that it must be difficult to use daz, but one can also show care in little details maybe, like not having characters wake up already with make up on...
The pace of the game also feels off, a lot is happening in a too condensed time frame for that to happen.

Anyway, kudos for the project, keep it up.
Plenty of other games out there for you to play.

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
For sure, and I'm just a passerby so you can ignore my comments, I just thought I'd share my feedback, but don't take my critiques as a personal attack.
Not at all. Looking at your posts and ratings of other games. It doesn't seem like there is much you do like, so I certainly wouldn't.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Thank you to the people on this site that AREN'T A-holes. You make it worth continuing. Sadly there used to be a lot more of you. This place is starting to go the way of Fapnation comments. Which makes me sad. Because when I started a few years back, it was really chill. I'm not just talking about the game either. I get it with WT's and Mods too. People bitching because they didn't read the instructions. Or trying to say a mod broke their game. It's also not just me. I hear it from other devs. Some of them big who have just abandoned this place altogether. I don't wanna do that though.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Have some unsolicited praise: You are a one man powerhouse of VN awesomeness. Not only are you making a great game with real world relevance. You also manage to make topnotch walkthroughs and mods at the same time. Thank you for all your hard work!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Thank you to the people on this site that AREN'T A-holes. You make it worth continuing. Sadly there used to be a lot more of you. This place is starting to go the way of Fapnation comments. Which makes me sad. Because when I started a few years back, it was really chill. I'm not just talking about the game either. I get it with WT's and Mods too. People bitching because they didn't read the instructions. Or trying to say a mod broke their game. It's also not just me. I hear it from other devs. Some of them big who have just abandoned this place altogether. I don't wanna do that though.
Eh! It's the internet: a place where people can gather together to express their honest opinions. But it's also a place where anonymous jerks can muck things up. There is a reason that the word 'troll' was invented.

I would support you if you decided to ignore F95. Most developers do after a time. Diminishing returns and all that.

Resch

Feb 4, 2020
It is never easy. I have been a moderator on a few game forums and it gets rough. Too many people lose their filter and show their true self. It is unfortunate, but it is the way of the internet and social media. All of the sudden the repressed A-Hole shines through.

Don't worry, many of us love and respect the work you put into everything from walkthroughs to this game, which is amazing.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
It is never easy. I have been a moderator on a few game forums and it gets rough. Too many people lose their filter and show their true self.
You've tickled my curiosity. Do you think that they show their "true selves" or maybe just get so blindly wrapped up in their argument that they lose any sense of appropriateness? I'm not defending internet asshole behaviors, it seems to me that you end up with rage talking past each other without listening. Maybe some type of self induced chaos?

I don't envy any moderator. A dirty job, but one that must be done.

Reactions: Resch

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
You've tickled my curiosity. Do you think that they show their "true selves"...
The question is not addressed to me, but i will be happy to answer it from my point of view.
At my age you have seen a lot, including the time before the internet and social media.
It is the internet, social media and precisely their anonymity that have finally made it possible for people to have a big face themselves without having to be afraid of getting one on the same.

A small sausage at home, in the net the butcher...

4.50 star(s) 130 Votes