Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest progress report from Patreon:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dev Update #28 (Progress)

Hey guys, just a quick check in to tell you this update is gonna be Huge! We are currently at 4146 lines of code, 8 animations (with at least two more to come, maybe three) and around 1400 renders. That's with only one scene rendered so far in Day 18 (the second day of the update, I have two more written so far).

Good news is, you're gonna have a really big update to play once it's released, bad news is it's not gonna happen this month. I'm at a few days shy of 3 1/2 weeks of development, and there's no way I can get the second day done, tested, music added and all that stuff by the end of the month, even if it wasn't for the holidays.

So, having said that, I'm going to take my time and we'll likely have a mid January release. I don't see any way possible this update doesn't shatter the record for the largest update in One Day at a Time. It already has the most H scenes.

I'll check back in with your guys in a few weeks, but just know I could release what I have now and it would be 1000 lines longer than Ch. 1.

As always, hope you are all doing well! Cheers!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A treat from Patreon:

Here guys, have a render of Melissa in uhh.. somewhere...

I feel bad for having to drop 2 mods in two days. So I paused the game renders and popped this off real quick! Probably should have lit her face a bit more, but it was a quicky. She likes those though. :)

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
Latest news from Patreon.

Audrey on the beach, figured you guys would like this since she won the poll, again!

Quick check in, we are at a little under 6 weeks of development, (reminder, we started on Nov. 18th due to my vacation) we are at around 6000 lines of code and about 1750 renders, (I tried to avoid any duplicates in this update to keep the file size down, places where I used the same facial expression, etc...) but we still have a few scenes to go, so that figure will climb a bit. We are at 11 animations, that's a record and this update has more H scenes in it than any other.

We will NOT beat the biggest update total as I had projected before, because I cut a large scene that just didn't feel right in this update, but it will be in a future version of the game (golfing). You will see why I didn't really think it fit once you play the update.

So, release date should be around the same I said in the last dev update, middle of January, maybe sooner no promises. I still have to get these last few scenes done the way I want, and then we'll go into testing. But, it won't go over two months from the start of development!

This will be the last dev update before release.

As always hope you are all doing well! Cheers!

P.S. I'll put a poll up for the 4k monthly render, for high tier patrons in the next day or so.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
It's killing me most of you guys aren't getting to see the Molly stuff, I wish there were a way I could mod just that, but it would throw things off. You can always use unren and change the BrendaWork variable. But, make sure you save before. That is for those of you who know how to do this. Or you could have two save files. Maybe I'll do a mod once the game is complete that shows everything like with my other mods, but I'm not gonna do it while we're still in development. Anyway, just like how that path is going now too, and wish you guys could see both.

Is anyone playing two save to see both paths?

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I have one for pretty much all the paths available. I didn't even know the option was there for a while though, I thought making the choice with Barb would lead to a bad ending.
Nah, choosing Brenda is Lydia's perfect ending, but it's worth playing both IMO though. But I'm pretty biased. When I started the Molly thing I didn't think it would become what it has.

Barb doesn't affect Lydia's ending unless as I've said in the thread you decide you wanna be with her when the times comes, which is a ways off. You guys will kinda just go off into the sunset. That will be the way it is with all the side girls that have endings. Like I say in the OP, there will be a harem ending at the end too, but it's not gonna be your typical thing were they all move in together. It's gonna be MC can't decide etc... We're a LONG way from any of that though, so feel free to romp around with any of the girls for now, it'll be obvious when the endings start.

Not sure if Molly, Kayla and Brenda will have endings yet. If one of those were to have an ending I'd bank on Molly at this point. How I view Kayla and Brenda is not really that way, BUT I might do it if enough people want it. That's kinda the only thing I'll listen to feedback about, is if people wanna be with a certain girl at the end. I thin that's fair honestly. As far as the cannon story in the game, that's already mapped out.

Last edited:

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
It's killing me most of you guys aren't getting to see the Molly stuff, I wish there were a way I could mod just that, but it would throw things off. You can always use unren and change the BrendaWork variable. But, make sure you save before. That is for those of you who know how to do this. Or you could have two save files. Maybe I'll do a mod once the game is complete that shows everything like with my other mods, but I'm not gonna do it while we're still in development. Anyway, just like how that path is going now too, and wish you guys could see both.

Is anyone playing two save to see both paths?
I'm playing only sober path. Who is Molly?

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
But I'm pretty biased. When I started the Molly thing I didn't think it would become what it has.
I have to admit, as much as I like Brenda, Molly is special.
And when you consider that she's only there to fill a void in the story, I think she deserves more.

Nah, choosing Brenda is Lydia's perfect ending, but it's worth playing both IMO though.
Does the perfect ending for Lydia have to do with her ring?

If that's the only/main indicator, Molly could still achieve the perfect ending for Lydia.
(Earn enough money to get the ring back)
Without wanting to be disrespectful to Brenda's Character, but I think it would be a shame if only her would add the perfect ending for Lydia.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I have to admit, as much as I like Brenda, Molly is special.
And when you consider that she's only there to fill a void in the story, I think she deserves more.

Does the perfect ending for Lydia have to do with her ring?

If that's the only/main indicator, Molly could still achieve the perfect ending for Lydia.
(Earn enough money to get the ring back)
Without wanting to be disrespectful to Brenda's Character, but I think it would be a shame if only her would add the perfect ending for Lydia.
You gotta know me better than that by now. I write the game I want to. If I didn't you guys would hate it. If I listened to everyone's suggestions that is. It would be a disaster. I've seen it happen with games and it's always sad when devs bow to pressure and gut their original vision.

As a side note, I think people will really like the Brenda stuff this update as well.

Last edited:

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
You gotta know me better than that by now. I write the game I want to.
I follow you long enough to know that.
Your story here is not one of the best and deepest for nothing, even if it is chronically underestimated.
I didn't want to try to tell you how to write your story either, it's just my thoughts on it.
I can still remember Molly's introduction, she wasn't actually planned at all and only appeared to "fill a hole in the story" if you weren't working for Brenda.

And I'm curious to find out in the further story why you implemented with Molly a pretty, lovable redheaded girl in the story instead of a "fat and nice Bruno", who puts the sausages in the bun. ;)

Edit:

Little typo in chapter 8 (Molly work)
Screenshot 2021-12-30 140253.png

and short after that at the phone call with Audrey:

" I tired to call Lydia first..." -> " I tried to..."

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Release announcement and teaser from Patreon:

Render for Everyone and Release Date Announcement!

Shelly here, (the girl who just graduated high school that Mary met in treatment, who will be in a future update) would like to tell you guys the Patron release date for Chapter 9 of One Day at a Time!

The Patron Release date for Chapter 9 will be January 7th!

Hope you are all doing well! Cheers!

4.50 star(s) 130 Votes