Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
NOPY is gone.
It may come back, if they can figure out how to receive payments, after PayPal screwed them over.

But that obviously doesn't help us now. Too many of these download engines feature ads that try to highjack your computer. MEGA is good, if you don't have over 5GB to download in a day. I also use GOFILE and GDRIVE which are relatively hassle-free, but unfortunately are rarely offered.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I reported the OP and asked for new links. Thank you for letting me know.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
The anon file links work for me, I just tried them. The Mega and Mediafire links are my own so I know they work.

Reactions: MV_1999 and haooni

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
It may come back, if they can figure out how to receive payments, after PayPal screwed them over.

But that obviously doesn't help us now. Too many of these download engines feature ads that try to highjack your computer. MEGA is good, if you don't have over 5GB to download in a day. I also use GOFILE and GDRIVE which are relatively hassle-free, but unfortunately are rarely offered.
YMMV - On Mega I've been having downloads over 1.5GB stall at the very end and never complete. If I try to resume them Mega tells me the file can't be found.Then if I reload the page I'm told I'm approaching my limit. Then I'm asked to sign up for a premium account. I never get the completed download. Twice the entire file downloaded but Mega never decrypted it.

Now this may all be a coincidence, but with the departure of Nopy, and the much slower download speeds of the alternatives to Mega, I suspect Mega is limiting large downloads in an effort to induce people to subscribe to premium accounts. Workupload can deliver a 1GB file in a reasonable timeframe. A 2-5GB file not so much.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Alright, just finished Chapter 8c, so back to being caught up with the Dev on this one.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thank you so very much for this, and now, I will be looking forward for the next Chapter.
Look at the days as game days. I thought about doing it like you said, but there will be more than one time skip likely in the game and I didn't want to have say day 74. I thought that would be confusing. So the days are game days.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
YMMV - On Mega I've been having downloads over 1.5GB stall at the very end and never complete. If I try to resume them Mega tells me the file can't be found.Then if I reload the page I'm told I'm approaching my limit. Then I'm asked to sign up for a premium account. I never get the completed download. Twice the entire file downloaded but Mega never decrypted it.

Now this may all be a coincidence, but with the departure of Nopy, and the much slower download speeds of the alternatives to Mega, I suspect Mega is limiting large downloads in an effort to induce people to subscribe to premium accounts. Workupload can deliver a 1GB file in a reasonable timeframe. A 2-5GB file not so much.
I think this is variable, because I download the stuff I mod from mega and it's usually fine for me. I've not run into the issues you have. Throttled speed to like 6gb instead of 20, but never a stop like that. Or it could be your ISP doing it. Some will. Also I get decent speeds from MediaFire.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

I don't know. That may have happened to me a couple of times over the course of years. But I have used MEGA multiple times since NOPY was withdrawn and have experienced no problems at all. That includes 3 times today [one just finished as I was writing], and at least 2 times when I ran over my 5GB limit - of course I had to wait for my 4-hour penalty time-out.

Tarrang

Oct 13, 2021
A lot of those other links are like 1980s download speeds and take hours for a larger one. Big problem with Mega is some downloads are more than 5 GB.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
A lot of those other links are like 1980s download speeds and take hours for a larger one. Big problem with Mega is some downloads are more than 5 GB.
Just depends TBH. Sometimes I get good speeds with them sometimes I don't. It's something we are all dealing with now though. Not just with my game. I'm sure some sort of solution will present itself, as they always do. But, for now, I'm in the same boat as you guys with WT's and Mods. Some days I have to download 3 or 4 games. MediaFire and Mega are the best bets IMO. Followed by Anonfile. There will always be a compressed version of my game as well. I would rather people not experience it that way, because image quality degrades, but do what you have to at this point.

Reactions: haooni and MV_1999

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I think this is variable, because I download the stuff I mod from mega and it's usually fine for me. I've not run into the issues you have. Throttled speed to like 6gb instead of 20, but never a stop like that. Or it could be your ISP doing it. Some will. Also I get decent speeds from MediaFire.
I have 100 mps guaranteed bandwidth with unlimited data. If my ISP doesn't provide that they contractually can not charge me. As a result, my typical bandwidth is 115 mps. It's not an ISP problem. I don't have a Mega account anymore. I had a free account briefly months ago, but I never upgraded it.

Nopy and, prior to recent times, Mega typically gave me 9-13 Mb/s. I'll see what I get from MediaFire.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I have 100 mps guaranteed bandwidth with unlimited data. If my ISP doesn't provide that they contractually can not charge me. As a result, my typical bandwidth is 115 mps. It's not an ISP problem. I don't have a Mega account anymore. I had a free account briefly months ago, but I never upgraded it.

Nopy and, prior to recent times, Mega typically gave me 9-13 Mb/s. I'll see what I get from MediaFire.
Like I said in my other post. This is a problem we are all dealing with now. So, I sympathize. I just haven't personally had the problems with Mega that you have.

Reactions: UncleFredo

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I just downloaded the game from the MediaFire link (PC Uncompressed) and got 28mpbs that went down to 16mbps for the last 1/16th of the download. So, other than mega this seems like a good bet going forward. My proof is below. You will get an add, but this is not maleware as the site would not be able to operate if they did that, and I've used it many times before.

1636667863111.png

Last edited:
Reactions: haooni

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I just downloaded the game from the MediaFire link (PC Uncompressed) and got 28mpbs that went down to 16mbps for the last 1/16th of the download. So, other than mega this seems like a good bet going forward. My proof is below. You will get an add, but this is not maleware as the site would not maleware or anything like that.

View attachment 1496018
Yeah that's plenty good! ;) Thanks for the info!

Reactions: Zoey Raven

MV_1999

Nov 19, 2020
I accidentally found this VN one day, but had to do something else and forgot to download it... A couple of days passed and I came by this VN again, but downloaded it this time.
When I started playing I honestly couldn't relate to the characters since I've never experienced anything similar. I've never even tried alcohol nor drugs.
As I continued to play and learned more the story became more and more interesting. When the time I had to play it came to and end for the day, I couldn't wait to continue playing the next day and see what happens next.
From this VN I've learned a lot about addiction I had no idea about and probably wouldn't know if I hadn't played it.
Then I started thinking about what I sometimes do (recently it's been almost every day) - I decide to watch one (just one) episode of a series or a YouTube video, after it's over I decide why not watch another episode/video, then another one, and another.... Until I fall asleep wathing or I decide to finally stop because I have to wake up in 3 hours to go to do someting I can't cancel. The next day I wonder why I even watched those episodes/videos I can't even remember half of, because I was too tired. But I couldn't stop myself, I didn't even want to stop, for some unknown reason I wanted to continue... Is this some kind of addiction? Or am I just an idiot?
Anyway, really liked this VN and I can't wait to see what happens in the next update.

DetroitAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
I've noticed there's only one path, the redemption path if you will.. Cause I played on two saves,one where I did the junkie path and one where I did the sober path but the end results remained the same on either path, MC gets clean, only difference is on the junkie path it takes a bit longer for him to realize he wants to get clean. Dude had a wake up call after the car aciident.
But hey congrats to MC, Lydia and Mary for getting clean, hopefully Samantha joins them soon.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I've noticed there's only one path, the redemption path if you will.. Cause I played on two saves,one where I did the junkie path and one where I did the sober path but the end results remained the same on either path, MC gets clean, only difference is on the junkie path it takes a bit longer for him to realize he wants to get clean. Dude had a wake up call after the car aciident.
But hey congrats to MC, Lydia and Mary for getting clean, hopefully Samantha joins them soon.
This is correct and has been covered in the thread. It's a decision I made a while back. As to go down a full blown junkie rabbit hole would lead him to either Jail, The Psych Ward or Death. You can find plenty of that on the news. I wanted to show the recovery side of things and how there are struggles involved with that. MC will still face adversity, it will just be on one path, as they merged in the last update (This was also announced on my Patreon, and in an interview I did some time ago). Also if you read the overview it states pretty clearly you're going to get clean. Furthermore, there are plenty of sub paths that will be fleshed out regarding other things. So to say one path and not accurate imo.

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest Patreon post:

Announcement!

Game development for Chapter 9 will begin on the 18th. I will post a dev update the week after!

My vacation is winding down and it's been a very good thing for me to have done.

I didn't write anything as I promised, but I did outline the events for Chapter 9, and am excited to get to work on them!

See you guys soon! Hope you are all doing well. Cheers!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
This is correct and has been covered in the thread. It's a decision I made a while back. As to go down a full blown junkie rabbit hole would lead him to either Jail, The Psych Ward or Death. You can find plenty of that on the news. I wanted to show the recovery side of things and how there are struggles involved with that. MC will still face adversity, it will just be on one path, as they merged in the last update (This was also announced on my Patreon, and in an interview I did some time ago). Also if you read the overview it states pretty clearly you're going to get clean. Furthermore, there are plenty of sub paths that will be fleshed out regarding other things. So to say one path and not accurate imo.
I believe you have stated that we are only in the middle section of the game. That means we still have a ways to go, many events to happen, and maybe some unexpected dramas, before this game closes out. (y)

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I believe you have stated that we are only in the middle section of the game. That means we still have a ways to go, many events to happen, and maybe some unexpected dramas, before this game closes out. (y)
Most certainly, and there will be one in this chapter. Not directly concerning the MC, but showing how another character stays sober through something really tough. There's a little teaser for you. :)

4.50 star(s) 128 Votes