Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
How far are we from the end? It seems soon. Haven't played this release yet (I have a shit ton of games came out lately) but it seems everyone is doing quite good, especially given things that happened a couple back. I want to see the happily ever after for MC and Lydia, and the others too.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I'll give you a few things with Lydia right off the bat that no one could possibly overcome. Lydia's dad lives next door, main characters dad is in jail. Main character's mom is alive, and has interactions and a relationship with the main character and Lydia, and Lydia's mom is dead.
As I said last time I opined on this, there's no point and the idea is stupid, but I think it hypothetically could be done. I'm about an update and a half behind so maybe some newer scenes would make this less plausible.
Remove the scenes with Lydia's dad, make her and MC half siblings related by the father, say Lydia got the apartment and what's currently her dad's truck in her mother's inheritance, and rewrite an absolutely absurd amount of existing dialogue and storyline.

I wouldn't do it even if I had the programming and writing skills to do it because I think it's a dumb idea and wouldn't improve the game in anyway at all. But as strictly a thought exercise I think it could be at least borderline doable.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
How far are we from the end? It seems soon. Haven't played this release yet (I have a shit ton of games came out lately) but it seems everyone is doing quite good, especially given things that happened a couple back. I want to see the happily ever after for MC and Lydia, and the others too.
Longer than you might think. MC has to finish the steps (he's only just started 8), there's more I want to explore with the recovery stuff and people overcoming things. There are story beats that need to be paid off. Then most girls get a solo ending. They'll be the Lydia Mary threesome ending, then the Lydia only ending. Then the semi-harem "I want things to stay how they are ending". But, before any of those will be the relapse ending. So, we have a ways to go, and I'm not going to rush it. I've played too many games that did that, and it's like "Oh it's over now?". That's not gonna happen in ODAAT. The endings will be fleshed out and meaningful.

Last edited:

JKRollin'

Dec 3, 2021
Not going to insult or looking down a NON-INCEST game but INCEST games are best at what is a FEELING that gives For player sex is not the only bond that have with each other they are bond by blood and history:cool:( not incest characters are the people met on life by coincidence{or FATE?} but the thing INCEST characters share by living together or living close NON-Incest characters cant have that. INCEST only happen in BROADDAYLIGHT and OPEN in GAMES. Can't have that taken away NOW can WE? WE NEED EVERY CHANCE WE GET!:love: HAREM is ANOTHER GEM WE CANT FORGOTTEN ABOUT. in harem games players expect( Almost everyone?) DRAMA,Conflict,Jealousy,Compitition(FOR affection of MC)OF course LESBIANISM Last but not least TOGETHER FOREVER. when you play a harem games with multiple Girls (WITH Male proteg or Female Proteg) WE DONT WANT TO CHOOSE BETWEEN GIRLS (Yeah know we Are GREEDY MaDaFaKars) But when u enjoy a game thats normal SO anyway DEV good game overall KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK:BootyTime:

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Longer than you might think. MC has to finish the steps (he's only just started 8), there's more I want to explore with the recovery stuff and people overcoming things. There are story beats that need to be paid off. Then most girls get a solo ending. They'll be the Lydia Mary threesome ending, then the Lydia only ending. Then the semi-harem "I want things to stay how they are ending". But, before any of those will be the relapse ending. So, we have a ways to go, and I'm not going to rush it. I've played too many games that did that, and it's like "Oh it's over now?". That's not gonna happen in ODAAT. The endings will be fleshed out and meaningful.
Just a quick thought. I have been going along Man-Whore style - will there be jump offs where we can say "let's try the Audrey exclusive path and ending" or would that be too jarring to pivot like that?

It does make sense if it is too drastic. Curious as to where I need to break my "Audrey is the ONE" saves away from "MC is a total slutbag"

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
Some personalities are more prone to addiction of many types, others are resistant, with the new super addictive drugs, it is hard to say, who can resist on their own or if they have to isolate or have others intervene to save them from the bottom, that must be risen back from. I am glad you have recovered and are more focused on achieving your goals.

Reactions: Zoey Raven

wuckfit123

Dec 12, 2019
Not going to insult or looking down a NON-INCEST game but INCEST games are best at what is a FEELING that gives For player sex is not the only bond that have with each other they are bond by blood and history:cool:( not incest characters are the people met on life by coincidence{or FATE?} but the thing INCEST characters share by living together or living close NON-Incest characters cant have that. INCEST only happen in BROADDAYLIGHT and OPEN in GAMES. Can't have that taken away NOW can WE? WE NEED EVERY CHANCE WE GET!:love: HAREM is ANOTHER GEM WE CANT FORGOTTEN ABOUT. in harem games players expect( Almost everyone?) DRAMA,Conflict,Jealousy,Compitition(FOR affection of MC)OF course LESBIANISM Last but not least TOGETHER FOREVER. when you play a harem games with multiple Girls (WITH Male proteg or Female Proteg) WE DONT WANT TO CHOOSE BETWEEN GIRLS (Yeah know we Are GREEDY MaDaFaKars) But when u enjoy a game thats normal SO anyway DEV good game overall KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK:BootyTime:
Efs1hz0WAAAAu1J.jpg

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
i wonder just where the hotbed of activity will take place .... " living it up at the hotel california, such a lovely place " :LOL:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
The dude who just gave us a 1 star rating hides his profile. Hmm... He also wanted blood and guts and totally misunderstood the message of the game. Oh well, kinda sucks but what are you gonna do.

I guess the only thing I can do is politely ask for people in here who like the game to rate it to combat this sort of nonsense. That is if you haven't done so already.

Last edited:

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Oh well, kinda sucks but what are you gonna do.
Just ignore it. There's nothing you can do about it and if you let this under your skin... well, it's not worth to waste thoughts about this. His rating is more than harsh and in my opinion not fair but you'll always have those dudes who only gives one stars or five stars. Fuck it.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Just ignore it. There's nothing you can do about it and if you let this under your skin... well, it's not worth to waste thoughts about this. His rating is more than harsh and in my opinion not fair but you'll always have those dudes who only gives one stars or five stars. Fuck it.
And so will every other dev of every other game, so it all balances out when comparing the average rating of one game versus any other game. No need for 'countering' with vote manipulations. Personally I always absolutely hate when I see a review that states it rated higher because it felt other reviews were too low. Deliberate vote-rigging and rating manipulation, however motivated, is bad.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
And so will every other dev of every other game, so it all balances out when comparing the average rating of one game versus any other game. No need for 'countering' with vote manipulations. Personally I always absolutely hate when I see a review that states it rated higher because it felt other reviews were too low. Deliberate vote-rigging and rating manipulation, however motivated, is bad.
That's basically what he said, because it's so highly rated I'm going to not rated high. But you're right I've let it go.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I'm just going to post this here, so you guys know too. This is an edit of my originally post letting people know about yet another thing I thought wouldn't be an issue.

From Patreon:

Announcement! (Edit!)

Edit:

I originally said I'd be back on the 16th, but it's looking like it's going to be a week or so later than that. Something I didn't share with you, is that I cut my finger tip with a butcher's knife pretty badly on memorial Day which is a holiday in the United States. I went to see my doctor on the 20th of last month, and she said it would take about 6 weeks to fully heal, from the time I saw her. It's been about 3.

I've been trying to type a little bit, but it's still painful if I do it for an extended period of time. So I'm going to give it another week or so from when I originally said I was going to come back.

This is being done on voice type right now (as was the original message). If it's not healed by the time I said, I'm going to try to use windows voice type in order to write for the game, which is not ideal and going to be difficult, but it's going to be the only option I have.

If it doesn't heal in the 6 weeks, she said something about sending me to a hand surgeon, but I really don't want to do that if I can avoid it, and she doesn't think I'll have to. So here's hoping the next time I post to you guys everything's cool with that.

I've got pictures I can share if you'd like them, so you know I'm not full of crap (or just want to get sick to your stomach). I really thought it would be healed by now, but I've been left with a scar that's pretty nasty, and my fingertip feels like a blister. I didn't think it would take as long as she said it would. So that's why I didn't mention it in the last edition of this post

Yea, so that on top of all the other crap that going on. But, if I've learned one thing. Life can't stay bad forever, and life can't stay good forever. No matter what you do. Anyway just wanted to keep you guys informed. I'll send another message when I'm back. Thank you to everyone who responded to the original message and for your continued support in this dark time.

As always hope you are all doing well! Cheers
!

P.S. - at least I can still play games, because that doesn't require the middle finger. So I'm not going completely insane!

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Wow, you waited almost a month to see the Doctor? Must have been bad to even after that need like 6 weeks.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I'm just going to post this here, so you guys know too. This is an edit of my originally post letting people know about yet another thing I thought wouldn't be an issue.

From Patreon:

Announcement! (Edit!)

Edit:

I originally said I'd be back on the 16th, but it's looking like it's going to be a week or so later than that. Something I didn't share with you, is that I cut my finger tip with a butcher's knife pretty badly on memorial Day which is a holiday in the United States. I went to see my doctor on the 20th of last month, and she said it would take about 6 weeks to fully heal, from the time I saw her. It's been about 3.

I've been trying to type a little bit, but it's still painful if I do it for an extended period of time. So I'm going to give it another week or so from when I originally said I was going to come back.

This is being done on voice type right now (as was the original message). If it's not healed by the time I said, I'm going to try to use windows voice type in order to write for the game, which is not ideal and going to be difficult, but it's going to be the only option I have.

If it doesn't heal in the 6 weeks, she said something about sending me to a hand surgeon, but I really don't want to do that if I can avoid it, and she doesn't think I'll have to. So here's hoping the next time I post to you guys everything's cool with that.

I've got pictures I can share if you'd like them, so you know I'm not full of crap (or just want to get sick to your stomach). I really thought it would be healed by now, but I've been left with a scar that's pretty nasty, and my fingertip feels like a blister. I didn't think it would take as long as she said it would. So that's why I didn't mention it in the last edition of this post

Yea, so that on top of all the other crap that going on. But, if I've learned one thing. Life can't stay bad forever, and life can't stay good forever. No matter what you do. Anyway just wanted to keep you guys informed. I'll send another message when I'm back. Thank you to everyone who responded to the original message and for your continued support in this dark time.

As always hope you are all doing well! Cheers
!

P.S. - at least I can still play games, because that doesn't require the middle finger. So I'm not going completely insane!
Oh, ouch. Yeah, unless you can type without using that finger, definitely don't try to use it while it's healing, you'll just fuck it up worse.

Reactions: Zoey Raven

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
[...] been trying to type a little bit, but it's still painful if I do it for an extended period of time.
Don't overdo it, but for emergencies meantime, check out a local stationary store to see if they have those rubber fingertip covers aka 'counting cones'. Provides a bit of cushioning and protection if there's simply something you must do - but don't use it long enough to sweat and set back the healing.

Probably only available online, some companies do breathable finger-sleeves for hardcore gamers (to prevent blisters and chafing) that might be helpful when it is almost fully healed but you don't want to risk any hurt...

Obviously patience while it heals is the best option, but if you are already bored enough to be pushing it a little and only halfway through the time, I don't think you or I really believe your willpower will totally hold for 3 more weeks ;)

Reactions: Walter Victor

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Wow, you waited almost a month to see the Doctor? Must have been bad to even after that need like 6 weeks.
It's honestly more where it's at, then how deep it is. Although it is a about I'd say few mm deep maybe more. But it's just like right on the tip of my finger. And, I definitely damaged some nerves in there. Which my physician says will grow back, but it's just going to take time.

I sent her a picture of it when it first happened and she said stitches wouldn't have done anything for me. So, I trust her judgment on that. But she said it's just in such a sensitive location, no matter whether I stay off of it or not it's going to take a while to heal.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Don't overdo it, but for emergencies meantime, check out a local stationary store to see if they have those rubber fingertip covers aka 'counting cones'. Provides a bit of cushioning and protection if there's simply something you must do - but don't use it long enough to sweat and set back the healing.

Probably only available online, some companies do breathable finger-sleeves for hardcore gamers (to prevent blisters and chafing) that might be helpful when it is almost fully healed but you don't want to risk any hurt...

Obviously patience while it heals is the best option, but if you are already bored enough to be pushing it a little and only halfway through the time, I don't think you or I really believe your willpower will totally hold for 3 more weeks ;)
I actually had the same idea myself, for the first week after I saw her she gave me a splint to put on it. Like a removable splint with a pad, but you can't type with it cuz the bottoms made of metal.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 130 Votes