Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Missing my point, aren't we?

{On another tangent: The Ramones' song "Fifty-Third and Third" is about Dee Dee working as a male prostitute while he was addicted to heroin...}
I suggest that you actually try the game. You might find (in spite of there being no crack whores) that you *gasp* like it.

No promises though, since your mind seems set against liking this game.

Pax vobiscum.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I hate to have to do this, but since the mod reinstated a review they had taken down and we have no way to respond, everything I've underlined it this it total bullshit and just simply not true. It's sad this is my only recourse for fighting misinformation. But, if a new player sees this I want them to know what's incorrect.

1718135358798.png

Last edited:

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
I hate to have to do this, but since the mod reinstated a review they had taken down and we have no way to respond, everything I've underlined it this it total bullshit and just simply not true. It's sad this is my only recourse for fighting misinformation. But, I if I new player sees this I want them to know what's incorrect.

View attachment 3727458
On the "boring story" part. I guess each to their own. I know some that though Acting Lessons was the most heart wrenching story ever. I thought the story in AL was just so-so.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Here are the results of a recent poll from the developer:

Favorite Girl Poll (It's time again)!

I wanna see where we stand, since it's been a few updates since I've done one! This is always fun for me, and BTW I'll have a dev update for you on Wednesday, as promised.

So, two days for this poll. I'll stop it right before I do the dev update and report the results in the dev update! Cheers!

Lydia 20%

Barb 8%

Samantha 37%

Melissa 1%

Mary 3%

Audrey 8%

Angie 7%

Kayla 6%

Brenda 2%

Molly 1%

Shelly 6%

Paris 1%

Poll ended Jun 12, 2024 · 89 votes total

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest progress report from the developer at Patreon:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dev Update #66 (Progress)

Looks like Lydia might be out of breath from going for a run, could it be time for her to stop smoking?

Alright everybody, Sam won the poll (big surprise there)! Which is fine, but I was hoping for a little more parity in the voting, because they're all my favorite girls! However, every girl did get at least one vote this time, so I guess that's more than we've had on that front. You can see the results in the post below this one!

I'm not gonna quote numbers or take up much of your time in this one. Let's just say the first couple of scenes had a lot of animating! So, that took up a lot of time as it always does. I will say we're at 9 animations, just so you know it really was a lot. I still have to go back and write some dialogue for those scenes, and do some stills, so they're not completely finished, but I wanted to move on with the story and revisit those scenes for reasons that would spoil them if I told you.

Having said that, we're making some great progress. There's a good chunk of scenes already and we're not even at lunch yet! Ok, I know I said no numbers, but after I finish playing render catch up I'd say we're at least at 1200-1300 lines of code in two weeks, maybe more (that's just a guess). But, either way we're trucking along pretty good.

A lot of emotion in this one, just about every character will have something to react to, many will have more than one thing they'll be dealing with.

That's about it for now, I'll check back with you guys in a couple of weeks!

As always, hope you are all doing well! Cheers!

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
How did Lydia not win?
I'd have to ask the same question, but everybody is hot for Sam right now! Maybe I need to cut her scenes back!

I would never do that, I love Sam! I love all of them, and try to give as much screen time to each as I can! Obviously Lydia and Mary are going to get more sometimes because Lydia lives with MC and Mary practically lives with MC. But, the first thing I do with my outline every update is a "who's up for sex list", and I try to make sure Lydia, Mary, Barb, Sam, Audrey and Melissa aren't neglected in that. Because they are sort of the nucleus of the whole thing.

I'll let Melissa go longer sometimes, because while she's important she's not quite on the level of the other ladies mentioned. Having said that I still try to give every girl equal time. Apart from Brenda/Molly/Kayla, because they are more side girls IMO, but they also play a very important part to the story. Oh, and Angie has gotten to be pretty important in MC's life as well, so I try not to leave her out either, because she's a slower burn and we're building towards home base with her. After that there will still be plenty of sex scenes with her, but probably not as many as the core ladies I mentioned.

I have to draw lines sometimes, or we'd be a year getting an update, and 5 months was too long for my personal standards on the last update, but that was because I got COVID and a bunch of other health stuff that hit me back to back. But, that's over now (fingers crossed) so I'm hammering along with this next one.

Fun fact, Sam was just a character I used at the gas station in Ch. 1. I was never going to include her in the rest of the game, but I got to thinking how there could be a story for her as Barbs sponsee and the fact MC got her fired (even though she was headed that way anyhow). So, thank a light bulb moment in my head that she's around! :)

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
It's your fault! :ROFLMAO: You created one of the loveliest girls in any game on this forum. For pure beauty, in my mind at least, she is unmatched among your other lovelies.
And, she would be the first one to agree with you! :p Although you know Lydia's gotta be pissed right now she came in second, because that's just not good enough for a woman of her standards!

• Haha
Reactions: Walter Victor

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Are you looking for something shorter? Do you care if it's incomplete? Do you hate minigames?

I've been enjoying the heck out of Game of Hearts for the last few days, definitely ticks the about adults box. The premise and the characterisation add a tension to the h scenes that makes them very engaging
Not really, but thanks for the suggestion. Speaking for me, of course.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Not only no, but hell no. One can find all sorts of puzzle games and such every where. I think some devs put them in to extended the play time in the game.
I can't disagree, I always skip them if it's an option, but I do know a very few people who like them. But, it seems those that don't far outweigh those who do.

The only thing I made that was even close to a mini game (if you can call it that), is when Lydia asked you to find her or her and Mary's clothes in Ch. 16. But, it was just a set of 4 choices and you only needed to get two of them right, and if you got one wrong it was just greyed out.

I also made a way to skip it immediately by MC saying "You know what, it's too late for this shit, I'll just get naked on the bed, pretty sure that's the final step anyway, and she'll understand."

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
I can't disagree, I always skip them if it's an option, but I do know a very few people who like them. But, it seems those that don't far outweigh those who do.

The only thing I made that was even close to a mini game (if you can call it that), is when Lydia asked you to find her or her and Mary's clothes in Ch. 16. But, it was just a set of 4 choices and you only needed to get two of them right, and if you got one wrong it was just greyed out.

I also made a way to skip it immediately by MC saying "You know what, it's too late for this shit, I'll just get naked on the bed, pretty sure that's the final step anyway, and she'll understand."
Yes that line gave me a good chuckle. The devs of Love of Magic and their other games have a shit ton of mini games in them. Thankfully it has a short timer to skip it.

4.50 star(s) 130 Votes