3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
Such a shame. I really liked this game, and I keep checking in once a month and I'm disappointed every single time that there are zero updates. Even though this might be a side project, there is no excuse for not having any communication at all. This thread feels dead, the Patreon page feels dead, the development itself feels dead. Can anyone from an outside perspective tell that this game is still active and being worked on?

The game is not "abandoned" according to the dev, but saying stuff doesn't make it true. The funniest part is that v.0.5.1 isn't even released here despite coming out in December of last year. Six months have passed; with no upcoming versions in sight and that's enough time for 0.5.1 that it should've been released here ages ago, but still nothing.

OMSS might as well be abandoned because it's unlikely that we will get any updates anytime soon.

Last edited:

iEVG

Mar 2, 2021
Such a shame. I really liked this game, and I keep checking in once a month and I'm disappointed every single time that there are zero updates. Even though this might be a side project, there is no excuse for not having any communication at all. This thread feels dead, the Patreon page feels dead, the development itself feels dead. Can anyone from an outside perspective tell that this game is still active and being worked on?

The game is not "abandoned" according to the dev, but saying stuff doesn't make it true. The funniest part is that v.0.5.1 isn't even released here despite coming out in December of last year. Six months have passed; with no upcoming versions in sight and that's enough time for 0.5.1 that it should've been released here ages ago, but still nothing.

OMSS might as well be abandoned because it's unlikely that we will get any updates anytime soon.
Since I started working on the project, a lot of things have changed in my life as well. My work schedule and rate of work have changed, and there have been changes in my family. I don't use this project as a means of earning money because I can't get funds and I do it for myself. For now I can only apologize to everyone who is waiting for updates. The work is going very, very slowly. Maybe I should have chosen a simpler style of rendering, but what is started is started.

So once again, I apologize for such a long delay.
katya-sunrise.png

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
Since I started working on the project, a lot of things have changed in my life as well. My work schedule and rate of work have changed, and there have been changes in my family. I don't use this project as a means of earning money because I can't get funds and I do it for myself.
Now I understand more clearly, iEVG. You have a demanding main job, so working on this project seems difficult, but this is a blessing in disguise since you don't have to depend on this game to put food on the table.

Assuming your main job pays you decent enough, a lot of other developers don't have that liberty. Most other adult developers worked shitty jobs that they wanted to leave behind, and once they started earning enough from Patreon and other places, their game became their full-time paycheck, which is not the case for you.

The thing is, when your game is your paycheck, it ultimately leads to self-censorship and it becomes a generic game that doesn't try anything innovative or out of the box or features darker themes or that offends anyone, and it is just a bunch of checkboxes with everything imaginable that has already been done a hundred times over. I like OMSS because it is different.

Your head is in the right place. You don't require any support to work on the game. Once you let go of the feeling that you "need" to work on this game instead of thinking of it like a passion project whenever you feel like it or have time, you'll find yourself doing much more work than before. Consider any support from Patreon, Boosty, and SubscribeStar as a bonus instead of an incentive to work on the game.

Despite all the changes in your life, I do hope you still enjoy making games. Godspeed!~

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 2 Votes