3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

iEVG

Mar 2, 2021
This VN looks so good, but why use Unity instead of RenPy for a Visual Novel? If it was a simple Novel, Would you have chosen EXCEL or WORD?
Thank you.

Because I didn't want to do a VN, I wanted to do something from the beginning.
UNITY gives you the opportunity to write all the code and all the algorithms yourself and that was interesting to me.

It was also possible not to use UNITY and write everything in QT, for example. But I was interested to understand the features of the engine.

In other words, VN is not a goal, but a means to achieve another goal.
And after I may finish this project, I will be able to do something more than VN.

colween

Oct 5, 2020
Thank you.

Because I didn't want to do a VN, I wanted to do something from the beginning.
UNITY gives you the opportunity to write all the code and all the algorithms yourself and that was interesting to me.

It was also possible not to use UNITY and write everything in QT, for example. But I was interested to understand the features of the engine.

In other words, VN is not a goal, but a means to achieve another goal.
And after I may finish this project, I will be able to do something more than VN.
Ok, it makes sense. I hope you can make the experience as good as if it was in Ren'Py.
I really look forward to it! Good luck pal :)

Reactions: iEVG

colween

Oct 5, 2020
A little advice, when you pack your release, do it in a single folder with the name and version of the release (same as archive name) ;)

iEVG

Mar 2, 2021
A little advice, when you pack your release, do it in a single folder with the name and version of the release (same as archive name) ;)
Hmm. You mean archive the folder with the name on it?
When I unzip archives I click "unzip to 'archive name'" and I always get a folder in a folder and a folder inside. I find it a bit annoying. That's why I pack files into the archive at once without nested folders. And when unpacking, I get one folder with the name of the release and the files inside.

But if you think it's better that way, ok, no problem :)

Reactions: colween

colween

Oct 5, 2020
Hmm. You mean archive the folder with the name on it?
When I unzip archives I click "unzip to 'archive name'" and I always get a folder in a folder and a folder inside. I find it a bit annoying. That's why I pack files into the archive at once without nested folders. And when unpacking, I get one folder with the name of the release and the files inside.

But if you think it's better that way, ok, no problem :)
Thanks, it's to avoid messing the current folder if you chose "extract here" or "extract to" :)

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
The ladies surely love sleeping naked around unknown men they barely know :KEK:

Not that I'm complaining of course, it's funny. Keep up the good work and bigger updates dev!

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017
All VNs behave like this.
At some point you're offered a choice that leads to either one path of story evolution or the other.
There are novels in which you have no choice at all, the author just tells a story that you can't influence, like a movie or a book or a comic book. You won't miss a scene, but the story will always be the same.

In those novellas where you are offered some choice, the author tells several parallel stories, sometimes they overlap, sometimes they don't. And choosing one way you will definitely miss some scenes, but you will see others. Some choices will show either one H-event or another, some will not show the H-event now but will lead to another.

All the novels are built on this principle.
Maybe you just don't like the genre itself, then you should look at sandboxes or role-playing games. In them, events depend on the character's characteristics or time of day or clothing, but these are not novels.
I'm sorry but that's simply untrue!

You have two forms of Kinetic novel, one which is 100% kinetic (no choices at all or fake choices that have no impact at all) and one which is still a Kinetic novel but has "choices" that let you basically skip scenes. Your Renpy (for the moment) falls into the second of those categories, namely a Kinetic novel where your choices don't impact the story but simply let you see or skip scenes

Whereas an actual choice-based Renpy novel has completely different story arcs where not only does your character change but you get completely different events and outcomes depending on your choices and completely different game endings

Examples of these would be games like Good Girl Gone Bad and The Fixer and Healslut

In all these games it is not just a matter of seeing one story where you skip h-scenes vs seeing h-scenes, but your choices actually changes the entire story and outcomes

A game more similar to yours but that kind of falls in the middle is Chemical Changes as that starts off as a Kinetic novel where your choices simply determine if you see a scene or not see a scene but at the midpoint of the game it suddenly switches to a branching story where your choices actually have an impact and send you on completely different story branches and game endings

iEVG

Mar 2, 2021
I'm sorry but that's simply untrue!

You have two forms of Kinetic novel, one which is 100% kinetic (no choices at all or fake choices that have no impact at all) and one which is still a Kinetic novel but has "choices" that let you basically skip scenes. Your Renpy (for the moment) falls into the second of those categories, namely a Kinetic novel where your choices don't impact the story but simply let you see or skip scenes

Whereas an actual choice-based Renpy novel has completely different story arcs where not only does your character change but you get completely different events and outcomes depending on your choices and completely different game endings

Examples of these would be games like Good Girl Gone Bad and The Fixer and Healslut

In all these games it is not just a matter of seeing one story where you skip h-scenes vs seeing h-scenes, but your choices actually changes the entire story and outcomes

A game more similar to yours but that kind of falls in the middle is Chemical Changes as that starts off as a Kinetic novel where your choices simply determine if you see a scene or not see a scene but at the midpoint of the game it suddenly switches to a branching story where your choices actually have an impact and send you on completely different story branches and game endings
Not all games with static images can be classified as VN genre.
In my opinion, for example The Fixer is not VN

• Haha
Reactions: johnyakuza1

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017
Not all games with static images can be classified as VN genre.
In my opinion, for example The Fixer is not VN
If it is a Renpy game, it is likely a visual novel. There are very few Renpy games on this website that aren't visual novels

Visual novel is the format of the entertainment, Renpy is the engine, Kinetic/non-kinetic is the style and then below that you have the various genres and whatnot

1701908017604.png

1701908212181.png

Reactions: The Black Cat

iEVG

Mar 2, 2021
If it is a Renpy game, it is likely a visual novel. There are very few Renpy games on this website that aren't visual novels

Visual novel is the format of the entertainment, Renpy is the engine, Kinetic/non-kinetic is the style and then below that you have the various genres and whatnot

View attachment 3149540

View attachment 3149546
I think RenPy has long outgrown the VN-only engine.
And well, what if RenPy is not used?
Can the product be considered as a VN?

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017
I think RenPy has long outgrown the VN-only engine.
And well, what if RenPy is not used?
Can the product be considered as a VN?
A game is a VN if it is a VN regardless of engine

Renpy is primarily a VN engine but it can indeed do other games though I've yet to play one myself on Renpy that is not a VN

iEVG

Mar 2, 2021
A game is a VN if it is a VN regardless of engine

Renpy is primarily a VN engine but it can indeed do other games though I've yet to play one myself on Renpy that is not a VN
You and I are talking about the same thing in different words.
Except you consider RPG hybrids to be more VN and I consider them more RPG.

Reactions: Innocent Chloe

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
OneMoreSimpleStory-0.4.9
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes