Ren'Py One Night in Badger City [Prologue] [BudBoi]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

xcross22204

Aug 9, 2022
I played Prologue all the way to the end!
I'm looking forward to the next update, but I have a few concerns...
I was interested in the male protagonist who gave his name, but that doesn't mean he's leaving, does it...?

rey103

May 4, 2020
Zoey from L4D has a cameo?
I was expecting the RE girls, but are characters from other zombie franchises going to show up, too?
Like Juliet from Lollipop Chainsaw? Or Ellie from Last of Us? Or... um... I can't think of any others.
lol all i could think of other than those are rochelle, dying light's ezgi, jade and lawan, and the world war z and zombie army ladies which i doubt non-zombie game fans can even name

Mannaten

Mar 18, 2018
lol all i could think of other than those are rochelle, dying light's ezgi, jade and lawan, and the world war z and zombie army ladies which i doubt non-zombie game fans can even name
I guess there also the girls from Back 4 Blood, although I never played that game and can't name any of them.

Reactions: rey103

Mannaten

Mar 18, 2018
same. i never tried them. i also doubt you can just export their models or something lol
I don't know. The game is made in Unreal Engine which to me would make it seem like it'd be easier to export them then with an original game engine. I don't know anything about that kind of stuff though.
There might also be some fanmade models of the B4B characters online, although I don't know how likely that is, seeing as the game wasn't very well liked from what I've seen.

BuddyBoi76

May 14, 2021
I played Prologue all the way to the end!
I'm looking forward to the next update, but I have a few concerns...
I was interested in the male protagonist who gave his name, but that doesn't mean he's leaving, does it...?
His story's finished and he won't be in any future update :(

ImariKurumi

Nov 21, 2022
Was a good start. Took me quite some time with the puzzles lol, especially the first one.

His story's finished and he won't be in any future update :(
Wait? So we gonna get another MC? Will it be male or female? And will he/she be the permanent MC or its gonna change again?

BuddyBoi76

May 14, 2021
Was a good start. Took me quite some time with the puzzles lol, especially the first one.

Wait? So we gonna get another MC? Will it be male or female? And will he/she be the permanent MC or its gonna change again?
Glad you liked it!

The actual MC is going to be female and permanent. You can check out the old abandoned version of the game as an example of what to expect.

Smitus

Feb 2, 2020
so the prologue was released in 2021, has there been any updates or has this been abandoned?
To sum it up quickly, the original ONiBC game was started in 2021, but the game got cancelled/abandoned due to mostly a hard drive data loss issue as well as legal issues the developer faced (to the best of my knowledge). See "Old Abandoned" version download on the front page.

This new prologue was started/updated in late June of this year, so the game isn't abandoned. It's not quite the same at this point, so you can say it was "rebooted" or revisioned. Since this game was reposted on the original thread, that's why it has the May 21st, 2021 date but actually is for the new 2023 prologue / version. Pages 11ish and forward of this thread discusses the new version while older pages will talk about the previous abandoned version.

Hope that cleared things up for you.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
New Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.1

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 57 MiB

Come find me on Discord:

bandyta80

Mar 8, 2022
what changes whether I refuse the homeless or not as he follows me the same

same with Emily, what's the point of these choices?

BuddyBoi76

May 14, 2021
what changes whether I refuse the homeless or not as he follows me the same

same with Emily, what's the point of these choices?
Just some dialogue.

There's only one choice (I think?) which shows a scene or skips it but it's obvious which option leads to what.

circuitarity

Jul 3, 2019
I would like to ask for everyone's opinion though. Would you prefer having scenes mainly focused on Rebecca, or more interactions with other RE characters (Claire, Jill, maybe Chris punching boulders)? Aside from that, any preferences you would like to share (more choices, branching paths, more monsters, less monsters etc.) are more than welcome. I won't be able to please everyone and I'm still new to animating, but having an idea of what people prefer would help with how I want to progress in the coming days.
My opinions after 2 minutes of gameplay...
Having no active directions (example "Go to the hospital and enter your office") and random buttons that you have to keep pressing until you get the right ones makes this an annoying game. Literally "Oh damn I was supposed to be up at 6am" with only a shot of the outside through the window and no instruction as to where to go or how to get there beyond "when I point at the stairs they light up. I hope you have some serious improvements in mind for any future releases. The graphics look good but even if I was a doctor able to drop $20 in an old mans hand for ciggies and a beer I would punish myself rather than giving him anything and go FAR out of my way to never see him again (I am an ex-smoker who will give a guy $10 if he's in obvious need UNLESS he's smoking).

Reactions: BuddyBoi76

rey103

May 4, 2020
Anticipating the next update.
Huge coincidence that both this and The Walking Dead parody both decided to restart the whole project from scratch too

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote