Feb 10, 2022
Hello there!
This is Junior, the artist behind the visuals in ONS. :)

First off, thank you for all the kind words about the visuals! Arisushimake (the writer and mastermind behind this story) and I are so glad that the reception has been so positive (on both art, and the writing). We want to tell you this special story of ours to the best of our abilities, so feel free to stick around.

Arisushimake and I are going to try and answer any questions you guys may have in this thread, so don't hesitate to ask if you have any.

Yeah, I'll take it. Gimme that.

EDIT:
Ok, I have already tested it. A short introductory version that completely fulfills its function. it introduces the main plot and the characters.

It is one of those VNs where the renderings are so beautiful that I save every 5 seconds practically to keep the rendering on screen. Incredibly well done.

The protagonists are attractive. A handsome, attentive and kind 45 year old man (on the romance route) and an attractive student girl who has had a complicated night.

Anyway. As a big romance fan, I'm pretty sure this VN won't disappoint. Everything I've seen so far seems very well done to me. Incredible renderings, good writing, interesting characters.... And, in case anyone has any doubts, the "She's an acquaintance of mine" option is the romance route. While the "She's my daughter's best friend" option is the more corruption oriented route.
Thank you so much for the kind words!! Truly. This is definitely a story that we're passionate to tell everyone about, and we can't wait to do so either.

I've played a lot of VNs but I haven't seen any with this level of detail. There is SO MUCH DETAIL in every single frame that if you take the faces out, you'd think they're pictures. I really want to know what software the devs used to achieve such ridiculous detail. It's so fucking detailed that I almost nutted just looking at the insane quality of renderers.

They need to tone down the orange tint of the lighting though, makes the characters look orange. The premise also seems pretty good too BUT LOOK AT THAT FUCKING DETAIL.
Thank you so much for the super nice words! Trust me, with the amount of work done on these renders, it is an incredible feeling to see people noticing and appreciating the detail :) And there is definitely many more to come to help tell you this amazing story.

To answer your question, I'm only using Daz3D and Iray for this, the same as almost any other VN here - nothing else.

It's amazing. For me, the level of detail in the renders, the realism and detail in the writing. Truly, it's brilliant. It's somewhat surreal how real this feels, a scenario many can understand and relate to. It's great, truly. Godspeed and I can't wait for more.
I love that the general vibe and atmosphere of the game has transferred so well :) Thank you for the kind words, truly.

From the previews the renders look really great, but it seems that you are exceeding with that color filter. The faces and skins look so orange

View attachment 1704801

Just drop the orange color saturation in photoshop and everything improves.
View attachment 1704884

View attachment 1704890

Better or not?
Well for the first opening version it's some what ok. Art work that looks good but can be improved one given time and proper coloring. The story needs something more though, feels off some how. Should be something more, but your story, so good luck with it.
Thank you both for the input - I am definitely going to keep this in mind for future updates (for what it's worth, the orange tone was intentional, but I understand what you mean).
It's worth saying that I probably won't make a drastic change in the tone in the environments and scenes that you've already seen in 0.1, like the outside/street shots, just so that there isn't a sudden interruption in the theme/tone, but I will keep in mind for future scenes.

Her skin looks way too aged, I know details, details, but that is not a nice detail.
Thank you, will keep this in mind. (y)

We can't wait to tell and show you guys more of this special story. Again, thanks to everybody for trying out the game so early in the development and of course to everyone else for the amazing compliments.

If you like our story and would like to see more (and that usually means monthly crowd-voted bonus pin-up renders that I make for your viewing pleasure, exclusive dev updates, polls that make changes in the game, and much more) don't forget to check out our page. Every little bit of support helps us beyond measurement to keep this going.

Thanks again everyone,
- Junior

Last edited:

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Interesting start. I like the writing. Visuals are good, both the MC is a nice departure from the 18-25 year old, the LI is simply beautiful. I'll be waiting to see if this actually turns out to be a "one night stand".
Excellent beginning, I'm looking forward to the coming updates.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JuniorTheJunior

jufot

May 15, 2021
Holy shit, this was brilliant! Everything is just so gorgeous! The words flow beautifully and effortlessly, aided in no small part by JuniorTheJunior's captivating visuals, and a most excellent soundtrack choice in Moonlight Sonata. You definitely got yourself a Patreon :)

Here are my favourite frames from v0.1:

1647441235616.png 1647441245248.png 1647441254991.png 1647441265768.png 1647441270740.png

• Red Heart

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
Just played through this and have to say WOW, the render and character detail is amazing some of the best i have seen and so far a great start. Can't wait to see where this goes. Hopefully will be doing fan art for this soon lol.

• Red Heart

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Just played through this and have to say WOW, the render and character detail is amazing some of the best i have seen and so far a great start. Can't wait to see where this goes. Hopefully will be doing fan art for this soon lol.
Hello again

jdw6

Nov 30, 2019
Not sure if DAZ/whatever allows this, but it would seem like setting the Kelvin temps of the various light sources would handle the color tones for you. (There's very few bulbs that are "pure" white. Incandescents have varying shades, ranging from yellows & oranges to closer to "daylight" but, even then, so-called "daylight bulbs" weren't true 5000K, like mid-day sun.) Evenings are golds, yellows, & oranges. Florescents are cooler, but even then some have green casts, others blues. Oh, and street lights, and their "annoying" mercury vapor lights, they're just nuts when it comes to white-balancing, as those bulbs don't have all the necessary wavelengths to ever truly white-balance, so you're always gonna be stuck with orange (believe you me, I've spent hours trying various ways to fix that sort of thing). And, sheesh, then there's candles (even though I didn't see them, they're in most bars like that), which produce a very orange light.

All-in-all, the preview photos, and screenshots from other comments, all looked "right" to this once-upon-a-time photographer. If your monitors are properly white-balanced (using something like the Pantone Spyder, or the older/cheaper Huey, like I've got) then run with what you're doing. If not, you might want to look into tweaking it. Everyone has their own styles, be true to your own.

But, if you do wanna go about trying to "fix" things. If you didn't just pull from thin-air, and had actual locations near you as inspiration, go there, take a pic of a plain sheet of white paper. Check that in PhotoShop against your art to see how "off" you might be. Then adjust as needed.

Take it or leave it, that's my 2-cents worth. Probably need a nickel in change for it. lol

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Thank you both for the input - I am definitely going to keep this in mind for future updates (for what it's worth, the orange tone was intentional, but I understand what you mean).
It's worth saying that I probably won't make a drastic change in the tone in the environments and scenes that you've already seen in 0.1, like the outside/street shots, just so that there isn't a sudden interruption in the theme/tone, but I will keep in mind for future scenes.
Hi, thank you for your response. I want to clarify that the atmosphere's orange tone isn't the problem, to me it's that her skin itself looks actually orange in those frames, like if she had a heavy tan. I think that is a matter of contrast and saturation.

I will put an example:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Greetings,

This is the writer of ONS. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has tried our game (and took the time to leave your thoughts on it.)

A lot of effort was put into making ONS 0.1.

(Junior, in particular, went out of his way to make every single scene look as great as possible.) So, it's really heartwarming and humbling to see all those efforts being appreciated.

We'll do our best to deliver a consistently engaging and entertaining experience throughout the rest of the game.

---

In terms of the story/script, my primary goal was to write characters that feel "real enough" and build their relationship in a natural way - that would allow them to do "not-so-real" things, without it feeling too silly.

(I'm sure someone has coined a term for such a style of storytelling, but) I personally like to call it - "Cinematic Realism."

I know it's a tough act to balance those two things - which is why it was extremely important for me to show both Elena and David's sides of the story.

By giving them a strong (and straightforward) reason to do what they do, and by letting the players constantly peek into their thoughts - I thought I could make most of their actions feel natural (or at the least, tolerable.)

So, when I read some of your feedback on how the story/characters felt believable, it really made my day.

Hopefully, I'll be able to keep that feeling intact for the rest of the game as well.

---

And that's everything for now. We'll catch you again when we have new info or previews to share.

Once again, thanks to everyone who has tried our game. It really means a lot to us :)

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Greetings,

This is the writer of ONS. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has tried our game (and took the time to leave your thoughts on it.)

A lot of effort was put into making ONS 0.1.

(Junior, in particular, went out of his way to make every single scene look as great as possible.) So, it's really heartwarming and humbling to see all those efforts being appreciated.

We'll do our best to deliver a consistently engaging and entertaining experience throughout the rest of the game.

---

In terms of the story/script, my primary goal was to write characters that feel "real enough" and build their relationship in a natural way - that would allow them to do "not-so-real" things, without it feeling too silly.

(I'm sure someone has coined a term for such a style of storytelling, but) I personally like to call it - "Cinematic Realism."

I know it's a tough act to balance those two things - which is why it was extremely important for me to show both Elena and David's sides of the story.

By giving them a strong (and straightforward) reason to do what they do, and by letting the players constantly peek into their thoughts - I thought I could make most of their actions feel natural (or at the least, tolerable.)

So, when I read some of your feedback on how the story/characters felt believable, it really made my day.

Hopefully, I'll be able to keep that feeling intact for the rest of the game as well.

---

And that's everything for now. We'll catch you again when we have new info or previews to share.

Once again, thanks to everyone who has tried our game. It really means a lot to us :)
Someone mentioned that the "corruption" route changes the girl to daughter's best friend. Will this lead to changes in the story and relationship (or at least lead to significant alternate dialogues), or is it mostly going to follow the same renders and writing as the love route?

jufot

May 15, 2021
Someone mentioned that the "corruption" route changes the girl to daughter's best friend.
It doesn't. Elena is always a stranger. There is an option for David to introduce her to a third party as my best friend's daughter. That's all, it doesn't change the facts of their situation :)

Reactions: desmosome

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
Oh wow, that really was short. Good start though, and I'm interested to see where this goes. Any idea when the next part will come out?

Also, Gratz on getting me to play something without an attractive, visible MC, that's really hard to get me to do.

4.80 star(s) 37 Votes