MrManager

There's Always Money In The Banana Stand
Donor
Jun 17, 2017
Greetings,

This is the writer of ONS. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has tried our game (and took the time to leave your thoughts on it.)

A lot of effort was put into making ONS 0.1.

(Junior, in particular, went out of his way to make every single scene look as great as possible.) So, it's really heartwarming and humbling to see all those efforts being appreciated.

We'll do our best to deliver a consistently engaging and entertaining experience throughout the rest of the game.

---

In terms of the story/script, my primary goal was to write characters that feel "real enough" and build their relationship in a natural way - that would allow them to do "not-so-real" things, without it feeling too silly.

(I'm sure someone has coined a term for such a style of storytelling, but) I personally like to call it - "Cinematic Realism."

I know it's a tough act to balance those two things - which is why it was extremely important for me to show both Elena and David's sides of the story.

By giving them a strong (and straightforward) reason to do what they do, and by letting the players constantly peek into their thoughts - I thought I could make most of their actions feel natural (or at the least, tolerable.)

So, when I read some of your feedback on how the story/characters felt believable, it really made my day.

Hopefully, I'll be able to keep that feeling intact for the rest of the game as well.

---

And that's everything for now. We'll catch you again when we have new info or previews to share.

Once again, thanks to everyone who has tried our game. It really means a lot to us :)

Feb 10, 2022
Holy shit, this was brilliant! Everything is just so gorgeous! The words flow beautifully and effortlessly, aided in no small part by JuniorTheJunior's captivating visuals, and a most excellent soundtrack choice in Moonlight Sonata. You definitely got yourself a Patreon :)

Here are my favourite frames from v0.1:

View attachment 1707278 View attachment 1707279 View attachment 1707280 View attachment 1707283 View attachment 1707284
Thank you for the support!!! Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy the bonus content. :)
So glad that you've connected with the game so well.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Shroluken and jufot

NtrMAN

Oct 28, 2018
Congratulations on yours first game. I really love old man and young woman genre, is my definitely favorite. But the old man in this game is too pretty looking for my tastes. That's definitely something I don't like it. What I love is a beautiful young woman and an ugly fat old man. Me and I'm sure many others love these contrasts. But the old man in this game definitely doesn't have that look.

When I looked at your first short project, I saw that ons.PNG he was a great candidate, I didn't understand why you didn't use him, I think he would have been a perfect choice. This character would definitely be exactly the character I would like to see in this game. And you have already created this character. That's sad.

For these reasons, I am not interested at the moment, but if there is a character change or a new game is made and this is the character type that I like, of course I would like to be a supporter.

Other than that, everything looks good, whether it's the Female protagonist, the art, the story writing, it looks great.
Good luck with your project.

NtrMAN

Oct 28, 2018
Let me think here... Maybe because 99% of the people wouldn't play it? Just a wild guess...
Let me make a guess, I guess this is not a game or it has not been shared anywhere. By the way, I don't have to prove anything to you. I know this place very well, nobody wants to play with a pretty looking old man, if you don't believe it, you can come back here and look after 5-6 months, I'm sure they will have maximum 25-30 patreon at most, or less.

As an example, I will show you the this game. https://f95zone.to/threads/hometown-trap-v1-1-spaceball1.106606/ I'm showing it for comparison because it's just released, really neither art nor writing is as good as ons but the characters are opposite as I said. You will see that he will have more patreon's with just for the characters.

By the way, don't answer me any more because I won't be writing here anymore. I don't want to start an argument. I don't want to pollute this place with discussion, out of respect for the person who opened the topic and the friends who made the game. I just wanted them to know what was the reason if their game didn't work.I wanted them to know that they would have gotten more support if they had used the type of character I mentioned. That's all.

Last edited:

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Let me make a guess, I guess this is not a game or it has not been shared anywhere. By the way, I don't have to prove anything to you. I know this place very well, nobody wants to play with a pretty looking old man, if you don't believe it, you can come back here and look after 5-6 months, I'm sure they will have maximum 25-30 patreon at most, or less.

As an example, I will show you the this game. https://f95zone.to/threads/hometown-trap-v1-1-spaceball1.106606/ I'm showing it for comparison because it's just released, really neither art nor writing is as good as ons but the characters are opposite as I said. You will see that he will have more patreon's with just for the characters.

By the way, don't answer me any more because I won't be writing here anymore. I don't want to start an argument. I don't want to pollute this place with discussion, out of respect for the person who opened the topic and the friends who made the game. I just wanted them to know what was the reason if their game didn't work.
Maybe people with your taste have so few tittles to play that they support the existing ones more? Nothing wrong with that. All I said is that 99%, me included, wouldn't play it and I stand for what I said.
"nobody wants to play with a pretty looking old man", I do want to play games with pretty characters no matter their sex or age and so do 99% of the people.
You said in your first post that you won't be playing this because the MC isn't ugly enough... Give me a break.

Reactions: Gosamr

Delabate

Feb 5, 2018
Congratulations on yours first game. I really love old man and young woman genre, is my definitely favorite. But the old man in this game is too pretty looking for my tastes. That's definitely something I don't like it. What I love is a beautiful young woman and an ugly fat old man. Me and I'm sure many others love these contrasts. But the old man in this game definitely doesn't have that look.

When I looked at your first short project, I saw that View attachment 1709825 he was a great candidate, I didn't understand why you didn't use him, I think he would have been a perfect choice. This character would definitely be exactly the character I would like to see in this game. And you have already created this character. That's sad.

For these reasons, I am not interested at the moment, but if there is a character change or a new game is made and this is the character type that I like, of course I would like to be a supporter.

Other than that, everything looks good, whether it's the Female protagonist, the art, the story writing, it looks great.
Good luck with your project.
I'm totally agree with you, this bartender looks way too handsome. great projet anyway

Gosamr

May 6, 2021
I'm totally agree with you, this bartender looks way too handsome. great projet anyway
Maybe people with your taste have so few tittles to play that they support the existing ones more? Nothing wrong with that. All I said is that 99%, me included, wouldn't play it and I stand for what I said.
"nobody wants to play with a pretty looking old man", I do want to play games with pretty characters no matter their sex or age and so do 99% of the people.
You said in your first post that you won't be playing this because the MC isn't ugly enough... Give me a break.
kartolas

Absolutely agree 100% with you. It's the beautiful young woman/women in the picture that hold(s) my undivided attention at all times. I could give a fiddler's f**t what the mc looks like and even if I did, I'M the mc, so why would I want to play (unless I already am one out here, I guess...maybe that's what all this "cuckholdery" is about) some fat, sweaty-palmed old perv drooling into his dinner bib over some nubile young babe who has either such appallingly bad eyesight or the most devastating lack of self-esteem unimaginable to even want to drop her linen for me?

Also, if we're talking netorare here (I could be wrong, but that is cuckolding, right?) I'm already having to sit here watching some other virtual bastard (mc) getting his fictitious rocks off on my behalf, let alone doubling up by having my virtual bastard watch an even more virtual bastard getting his even more fictitious rocks off while I have to watch myself watching him. It would be like viewing the "action" in cascading mirrors. Having to be once removed from the "action" is entirely bad enough as it is.

So I totally agree, kartolas...give us both a break!!

4.80 star(s) 37 Votes