lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
Are we playing the same game? Seen a few comments of people saying the provided translation is terrible but, other than the occasional grammar error it's been a perfectly serviceable translation in my experience... weird.

Also what makes you think the game is generally disappointing? Because a couple of basement dwellers had a tantrum on this forum? meh ignore it, from what i've read it just sounds like a few butthurt people making more noise than they really should be.
Unless the English translation has been completely redone since launch it's a machine translation and often completely indecipherable.

Disco-Inferno

May 9, 2017
Unless the English translation has been completely redone since launch it's a machine translation and often completely indecipherable.
The 1.06 version on the front page seems fine to me in terms of translation and yeah i'm aware its MTL but with what i'm reading i'd probably put it on a similar level as DeepL translation.. Like I said previously a few grammar issues here and there and some missing words at other times. Overall though I'd describe it like talking to a 10 year old English/American kid. They speak English but, they struggle to articulate themselves sometimes. So perfectly understandable but, lacking in interesting phrasing.

1800fun

Jan 7, 2018
Im not sure id say DeepL is "perfectly understandable" its very frustrating trying to enjoy a game you can barely read. You can get the general plot and with context understand whats happening but MTL H scenes really lose a lot.

HoboCrawfish

Jun 24, 2019

Here is my copy of the game. It comes with a finished save and is partially (machine) translated. I've included the translator so that you can translate the untranslated parts. You'll have to follow some instructions for it to work.

1. if you look in the main directory there's a folder called "Japanese-OCR-Toolkit-V1.6". This is where all the translation stuff is stored.
2. Go into the "Autotranslator" folder and open config.ini in any text editor. Go to the bottom and you'll see a section labeled "SugoiOfflineTranslator".
3. There's a variable titled "InstallPath", followed by an address. You must change the address so that it corresponds to the Japanese-OCR-Toolkit-V1.6 folder I mentioned before.

That should do it. Just run the game and once you see Japanese text just give a minute and it'll translate it for you. If it doesn't work feel free to yell at me. I've included a picture if it helps.

help.png

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Bansai

Aug 16, 2017
Been fiddling with the editor stuff of Hagakoro. Seems like this is the one feature that really is the main drawback of this game

In the editor you can literally alter a lot. Not just character creation, but voicelines, for every enemy type, and enemy traits. That's literally a 100 combination of dialogues not counting the custom enemies you have created. Highly recommend you to do do edits of each enemy as it really gives life to the dialogues these enemies have during combat and during H events as the default consist of only 1 dialogue lines used by all enemies you encounter in this game. Kunoichi, heavy fighter, whipper, everyone use the same dialogue tree if you leave it at default

The only thing that I think a missing (and I think should be regarded as one of the more important features for editor mode missing) is the custom event, particularly the condition of when this custom event displays. You can only do custom events to substitute the "Ambush" events only. So meaning there's no Enemy condition option for custom events to pop up, meaning you can't make custom defeat scenes

No idea if the devs will add them options up in later updates, since they're busy with the new release Mines Canary at the moment. But boy if they did add them options up, I'll be having a field day making custom scenes :LOL:

Reactions: RossoX

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
Been fiddling with the editor stuff of Hagakoro. Seems like this is the one feature that really is the main drawback of this game

In the editor you can literally alter a lot. Not just character creation, but voicelines, for every enemy type, and enemy traits. That's literally a 100 combination of dialogues not counting the custom enemies you have created. Highly recommend you to do do edits of each enemy as it really gives life to the dialogues these enemies have during combat and during H events as the default consist of only 1 dialogue lines used by all enemies you encounter in this game. Kunoichi, heavy fighter, whipper, everyone use the same dialogue tree if you leave it at default

The only thing that I think a missing (and I think should be regarded as one of the more important features for editor mode missing) is the custom event, particularly the condition of when this custom event displays. You can only do custom events to substitute the "Ambush" events only. So meaning there's no Enemy condition option for custom events to pop up, meaning you can't make custom defeat scenes

No idea if the devs will add them options up in later updates, since they're busy with the new release Mines Canary at the moment. But boy if they did add them options up, I'll be having a field day making custom scenes :LOL:
I'm pretty sure once this dev moves to a new project they drop support for their previous game.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020

This sounds like something that can open up a lot of doors for customization.

Tickit

Jun 6, 2019
The 1.06 version on the front page seems fine to me in terms of translation and yeah i'm aware its MTL but with what i'm reading i'd probably put it on a similar level as DeepL translation.. Like I said previously a few grammar issues here and there and some missing words at other times. Overall though I'd describe it like talking to a 10 year old English/American kid. They speak English but, they struggle to articulate themselves sometimes. So perfectly understandable but, lacking in interesting phrasing.
"some missing words"
1664378164955.png

Shinci

Jan 28, 2022
i can't play the game...whenever i defeat the enemies nothing happens...it just stays there and i can't click esc or anything...i'm stuck in the field..
no matter what i do i have to alt f4 to go back to main menu but my story progress won't be progressed of course..

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Succubus Hunter
4.10 star(s) 7 Votes