VN Ren'Py Only I Have Skills [v1.00] [Orangelo]

3.90 star(s) 10 Votes

Krolarnin

Sep 25, 2017
Which I stopped doing.

No, those two months where no update got pushed, that was mentioned *AFTER* people got charged. Nowhere did he ever say "no update this month so I'm not charging people". That's also called "stealing your money".

It's funny because when I pointed out these months, no one seemed to correct me on that, you seem to be the first, so now I don't even know if this is true or not. You also do have a way to stop payments for Patreon, which he didn't do.

I don't disagree, and see above post. LITERALLY NO ONE said anything that he said anything in advance, nor did I see such a post (and if you know where it is, do post it so I can correct this wrong, if that's in fact true). All I saw was his post *AFTER* charging people that was like "no update this month, but everyone gets delayed by a month so that makes it okay XD". Look at it from my POV: I see someone giving no advance warning and charging people for no update. That makes me want to stay away and not support the guy, and of course, I'm going to tell other people about it so they don't either.

By all means, if he posted *shortly* before charging people for these months, I'd gladly admit I was wrong and simply missed those two posts (yes, two, one for each month he skipped). If he had a blanket "there may be some months where I can't get an update out, sorry!" very early on, then no, he's just as bad as I thought because that doesn't warn new people who jumped in at any point.

I never said he ended the game, simply that, all of a sudden, he's going episodic with it when that was never said anywhere before.

I also totally get that burnout is a thing, but when you burnout from adding almost nothing every month, it sounds more like you're done with it.
Patreon charges at start of month, he released 0.23 feb 5 and feb 19 he said there would be a delay with a poll of what people wanted him to do and then another post feb 25 saying he would be taking another month to work on it based on the poll results... so a little over a week warning seems pretty fair to me with a poll to ask people what they prefered him to do. Seems really fair to me.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ok, you implied he ended the game, atleast that's very much what it sounds like you are saying. IDK what else you are supposed to take away from " and now you abruptly end the game, call it "volume 1" out of nowhere to "shelf" it, and talk about a second game "

Reactions: Honeybun Burglar

Polarthief

Dec 29, 2021
Patreon charges at start of month, he released 0.23 feb 5 and feb 19 he said there would be a delay with a poll of what people wanted him to do and then another post feb 25 saying he would be taking another month to work on it based on the poll results... so a little over a week warning seems pretty fair to me with a poll to ask people what they prefered him to do. Seems really fair to me.
No that is fair and thank you for sharing that. Legit no one else did.
I still do think the updates that we *have* gotten were quite sparse, but at the very least, this does explain the delay (and I assume he did the same thing the second time?).

Ok, you implied he ended the game, atleast that's very much what it sounds like you are saying. IDK what else you are supposed to take away from " and now you abruptly end the game, call it "volume 1" out of nowhere to "shelf" it, and talk about a second game "
It was more "I didn't hear anything about having a 'Volume 1'"; it sounded like it came out of nowhere because he wanted an excuse to put OIHS on hiatus.

Overall, I'm glad he's definitely not as bad as Innoxia (Lilith's Throne dev who has a "delay" like literally every week for months on end) as I was led to believe though. Legit my bad.

GoodLord9

Mar 6, 2020
I'm guessing the next arc has a protagonist saves himself/the team goes to save the protagonist vibe.

NGL, loving the game and while i'm not too interested in his next product, hoping from this story the time away benefits him.

Reactions: Rainbowcrepe

Link2346

Jun 23, 2021
The new game is out and it's a continuation of OIHS, now everyone saying he abandoned the game just look like clowns now ‍♂

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
OK, a bit late to the party, But IMO The dev actually made some good decisions regarding the state of OIHS, alongside his development.
I'm amazed that he actually pull off this "OIHS Vol.1", with a reasonable closure (it seems he actually planned it for awhile now).

He's grown quite a bit since he started (drawing, writing, plotting, etc), and the smutt never fall off / feel stale.
It was a good call the dev scale back this project and focus on what he's good at. (Yeah pre-heist there are endless amount of plot holes, tho a shame we won't see more of those anymore :LOL:

Tho the last few NSFW scenes where MC rapes the nobles, they are so forced and out of place - just to fill in as "Plot device" - that break immersion a lot.

Still a bit disappointed OIHS went into hiatus.
But can't wait to see what the dev creates next - since he's not abandoning this craft.

Not to mention Now we might have another Max Dominate Baddie Daddy to play with, on top of Pyrrhus :p

Reactions: Vayu Purana

jcbchris

Dec 26, 2020
OK, a bit late to the party, But IMO The dev actually made some good decisions regarding the state of OIHS, alongside his development.
I'm amazed that he actually pull off this "OIHS Vol.1", with a reasonable closure (it seems he actually planned it for awhile now).

He's grown quite a bit since he started (drawing, writing, plotting, etc), and the smutt never fall off / feel stale.
It was a good call the dev scale back this project and focus on what he's good at. (Yeah pre-heist there are endless amount of plot holes, tho a shame we won't see more of those anymore :LOL:

Tho the last few NSFW scenes where MC rapes the nobles, they are so forced and out of place - just to fill in as "Plot device" - that break immersion a lot.

Still a bit disappointed OIHS went into hiatus.
But can't wait to see what the dev creates next - since he's not abandoning this craft.

Not to mention Now we might have another Max Dominate Baddie Daddy to play with, on top of Pyrrhus :p
On Hiatus?! dayum.... any news until when?

Aeriku

Dec 4, 2019
There's no update for OIHS since Orangelo's focusing on their new project which just released its build 0.2.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
On Hiatus?! dayum.... any news until when?
Of course no words about until when, that's what called "Hiatus".
The dev said he don't know how to continue OIHS, and is working on another project (The Silvercrest Pilgrimage)
The scale of the new game seems reasonably small, so it has potential to be finished.
And Maybe, Maybe ....... then we will see what happens.

LeperDrag

Jul 10, 2019
Of course no words about until when, that's what called "Hiatus".
The dev said he don't know how to continue OIHS, and is working on another project (The Silvercrest Pilgrimage)
The scale of the new game seems reasonably small, so it has potential to be finished.
And Maybe, Maybe ....... then we will see what happens.
Dude a hiatus doesn't mean 0 update it means putting off something until further notice. Also I completely doubt this new game will be "reasonably small", since the dev tends to drag shit out longer then needed.

3.90 star(s) 10 Votes