VN Ren'Py Only I Have Skills [v1.00] [Orangelo]

3.90 star(s) 10 Votes

cadmaster

Dec 17, 2020
does anyone have the 0.19 version?
It is not released yet.

Build 0.19 Patch Notes
CONTENT:
  • Lancaster's experiment (must have helped with Crocodilian)
  • Father Sloane's tour
  • [tentative] Father Sloane's judgment
  • [tentative] Arwan caught red-handed
VISUAL ASPECTS:
  • [tentative] Goblin sprite rework
MISC:
  • [ongoing] Reworking Chapters 4-6

AUTHOR'S NOTE
I will stop jinxing myself and saying I'll be freer next month. It never happens! Yet another short update, but I definitely want to spend some time with the rework, so new content will be less than usual.

LINKS
Here are the links to access the early-access builds for patrons when they come out:
  • Raw (3 USD) Patrons:
  • Ripe (5 USD) Patrons: (the update will be released later, so I'll tag you separately as per usual)

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Ur skills unlock bonus scenes and lines of dialogue. Like in the labyrinth you COULD get fucked by a ratkin but you could also get the treasure you get if you avoid the ratkin. In the farm you COULD give the straight couple privacy or you could peep on the man's pipe game so you can comment on seeing them in the future and whether or not they should keep the baby
Why were you so aggressive and eager to turn a discussion into a arguement?
OK, I'll humor you:
1. Unlock extra scenes was exactly the thing I was saying;
2. All the "COULD" you listed, is there any of importance, instead of just a few lines difference of the flavour text?

Don't get me wrong, this game is perfect for the form it is in. And the uniqueness and well made scenes are topnotch.
Not every game needs to hv 10 different branches and none of them finished in 10 years.
It's just you'll need a different mindset to play from the others:
Instead of making the choice you want to see, You'd better make the choice to get most fucks (skills), if you wanna see the most this game hs to offer. Cuz you (Almost) won't gain anything if you didn't make the right call.

Oh that note, here's some questions:
1. What'd you get from choosing the treasure in the maze, instead of the skills you get from ratkin fucks?
2. What'd you get if you answered correctly to the 3 choices puzzle in the maze? It said it'll tell you when you escaped, but then I totally forgot about it.

May 3, 2019
Why were you so aggressive and eager to turn a discussion into a arguement?
OK, I'll humor you:
1. Unlock extra scenes was exactly the thing I was saying;
2. All the "COULD" you listed, is there any of importance, instead of just a few lines difference of the flavour text?

Don't get me wrong, this game is perfect for the form it is in. And the uniqueness and well made scenes are topnotch.
Not every game needs to hv 10 different branches and none of them finished in 10 years.
It's just you'll need a different mindset to play from the others:
Instead of making the choice you want to see, You'd better make the choice to get most fucks (skills), if you wanna see the most this game hs to offer. Cuz you (Almost) won't gain anything if you didn't make the right call.

Oh that note, here's some questions:
1. What'd you get from choosing the treasure in the maze, instead of the skills you get from ratkin fucks?
2. What'd you get if you answered correctly to the 3 choices puzzle in the maze? It said it'll tell you when you escaped, but then I totally forgot about it.
Aggressive? Turning this into an argument? How? If you mean the "COULD"s that's not me being aggressive, that's me emphasizing. And there's nothing in what I said that seems argumentative if you think about it. I didn't insult you or ask you for your opinion or even devalue anything you said. I simply answered your question and put emphasis on the word "could" to show you have options. Maybe it's a language thing since I know things in English don't translate that great when you try to translate in your head (speaking from experience as a Spanish speaker). Or maybe you're not used to people capitalizing words outside of them screaming or as you said being aggressive in text. Either way as I said my intentions are clear if you look past any potential misunderstandings. You can even tell cuz I was joking about a character's fucking skills to talk about how your choices lead to bonus scenes. Again, a misunderstanding.

As for the labyrinth questions, if you avoid the Ratkin you get a magic item that you can appraise at the city. What it does I do not know since I only went back to see what I'd get if I abstained from fukkin and then reloaded the save file where I got my booty blasted. The maze puzzle didn't actually forget it's just that as it said, it'll only tell you if you got it right. The correct answer was the humid room and if you got it right you got a magic ring that you can appraise at the Mage Guild. If you have the magic item appraising minor skill your character identifies that the ring has magic in it but can't make out exactly what it has.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Just Came multiple times to this game. Damn those scenes are hot.

So basically the more fucks you do, the more skills you get, then the more fucks you can unlock?
But the game itself is liner - no matter what you do it doesn't matter in the End (expect how many dicks you can get along the way)? There are no branches?
OK, so the game actually opens up quite a bit after you can freely explore the city.
The story itself is still liner, and most choices are still lead to the same results (bar a few lines' differences to acknowledge your choices)
But there are a few branching into different scenarios - since it's sill liner, the "Uncanon" ones become "One-Shots" and will meet the "Bad End" (which will be "auto-reset") down the line.

This setting is quite smart: let you experience meaningfully different scenarios, meanwhile doesn't over-complicate the game that increase the development difficulty (like many others do).

The arts are remarkable: There're so many encounters, and most of them have very hot and standout sprites.

The writing also improves overtime noticeably: there are more and more flavoured text, and you don't feel the scenes repetitive even after you've seen so many of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daniel101202303

pawsy69

Nov 2, 2021
Question... does anyone know what skill is required to 'go against' Father Sloane when you check up on him after using seduce during the tour??

Reactions: Vayu Purana

aaaaaaaa_

Oct 27, 2021
Question... does anyone know what skill is required to 'go against' Father Sloane when you check up on him after using seduce during the tour??
It's Seduce:Redirection. You get it by visiting the merchant in The Three Bucks and when you get the choice instead of taking his two guards by yourself choose the other option in which the merchant has to handle them ("Slow down a bit") and when the scene finishes you will get the skill.

Zorrscha

Dec 2, 2019
I think the game has lost a bit of charm since the lack of monster encounters, feels a bit too vanilla now (No option to join the Priest was disappointing)

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
I think the game has lost a bit of charm since the lack of monster encounters, feels a bit too vanilla now (No option to join the Priest was disappointing)
"Monster encounters" as in Smile, Crocodilian and Pyrrhus? Not those Grind Fests in the disguise of so called "battles", right? ..........Right?
I do wish we'd get more meat from Pyrrhus since on cannon route he escaped.
Also thought we'd get more monsters from Lancaster's experiment.

TBH, many times MC is almost like an incubus that violate others, not a "submissive bottom" at all :LOL:

aver.creep

Jul 25, 2022
So I have two questions for this recent update:

1. I completed getting Father Sloane kicked from his position but when I try to go back to Minervus it says that I still need to steal from Sloane even though I've already done that before getting him kicked out. Is there anything I'm missing, is it a bug or just not implemented yet? Because I can't access the church anymore since it's "out of business" after the scandal.

2. The changelog mentions a new event (at least it seems like an event) called "Arwan caught red-handed" but I can't seem to figure out what it is. Does it happen before we're given our task or am I just missing something here too? I first thought it had something to do with the brothel but I've already done the first shift there and the content stops there, so I don't know where else he could be "caught red-handed", if not at the brothel.

alan00232

Jul 30, 2018
So I have two questions for this recent update:

1. I completed getting Father Sloane kicked from his position but when I try to go back to Minervus it says that I still need to steal from Sloane even though I've already done that before getting him kicked out. Is there anything I'm missing, is it a bug or just not implemented yet? Because I can't access the church anymore since it's "out of business" after the scandal.

2. The changelog mentions a new event (at least it seems like an event) called "Arwan caught red-handed" but I can't seem to figure out what it is. Does it happen before we're given our task or am I just missing something here too? I first thought it had something to do with the brothel but I've already done the first shift there and the content stops there, so I don't know where else he could be "caught red-handed", if not at the brothel.
1- The Quest is WIP, so cant be complete just yet
2- the las update (19)

• Father Sloane's tour
  • Father Sloane's judgment
VISUAL ASPECTS:

• Goblin sprite rework
MISC:

• Chapter 3 rework

aver.creep

Jul 25, 2022
2- the las update (19)

• Father Sloane's tour
  • Father Sloane's judgment
VISUAL ASPECTS:

• Goblin sprite rework
MISC:

• Chapter 3 rework
Build 0.19 Patch Notes
CONTENT:

• Father Sloane's tour
  • [tentative] Father Sloane's judgment
  • [tentative] Arwan caught red-handed
I'm talking about that last one.

Zorrscha

Dec 2, 2019
"Monster encounters" as in Smile, Crocodilian and Pyrrhus? Not those Grind Fests in the disguise of so called "battles", right? ..........Right?
I do wish we'd get more meat from Pyrrhus since on cannon route he escaped.
Also thought we'd get more monsters from Lancaster's experiment.

TBH, many times MC is almost like an incubus that violate others, not a "submissive bottom" at all :LOL:
I was referring to the Goblins/Troll, but Pyrrhus content is welcome too LOL

3.90 star(s) 10 Votes