3.90 star(s) 43 Votes

Team Oopsy Daisy

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
there is a new patreon post
We did, allow us to share it here as well.

"So you're probably wondering how far along we are... Good news!
We're getting closer and closer to the finish line. We are rendering as fast as we can (next to our full-time jobs and home lives), to quote our artist "Killing his ass off rendering". Apart from rendering, we have also added more sound effects than ever before and more music too. This to really make Act 8 pop and make it feel special. We can't wait for you to experience it. Like we've said before , there is a lot happening in this act so get ready! ;-)
We've still got no firm release date, but we're planning for somewhere this month."

Thank you to everyone on here for their support and we'll keep you guys up-to-date.

Love,
Team Oopsy Daisy

CSK92

Sep 24, 2017
Me too. I'm not going to wait either. On to other games which I'm willing to pay for on Itch.
It started late and improved over the 1st year, but now we are at 6months between releases give or take. The Dev is only at 70%. Looking at least into late January now. I've pulled my support from a lot games. Looking for Devs now that have been consistent for a year before supporting. It seems the more the support. Less the activity.

FYI. I was also supporting this game on other threads. and thanks for that.

• Angry
Reactions: sava75

Moineau

Nov 26, 2019
Damn, this is so unfair... I usually let people complain without interfering because I know the feeling of waiting for something you like. But when we say that I'm working my ass off, it's true.
Just so you know how it is : I went to bed at 2am because I couldn't keep my eyes open in front of Daz anymore. I woke up at 6 to start making renders before going to work. We are doing what needs to be done so we can release before the end of the month as promised (and we will btw). I know that is not your concern but please don't say "less the activity" when we barely sleep. Everyday life caused the delay for each member of the team (for me, being away from home for my day job at least 3 weeks each month since September).

We know that it's been too long and that's why we're working on it endlessly to release Act8 as soon as possible (aka by the end of this month). The rest of the team is already working on the next act so it won't be 6 months of waiting again.

meduusa

Nov 4, 2017
I understand that. But if you are working that much you should have more content, thus a smaller, earlier update would have been wiser, or you are spending more time on production, increasing render quality, which can be really bad for business. Either way, this was badly managed. I always give RoyalCandy example, they tuned the render quality in such way that they can be consistent in timing and quantity. That is the tricky part of being a dev, and the sole reason why 99% of them fail

fpsgamer

Nov 21, 2017
Damn, this is so unfair... I usually let people complain without interfering because I know the feeling of waiting for something you like. But when we say that I'm working my ass off, it's true.
Just so you know how it is : I went to bed at 2am because I couldn't keep my eyes open in front of Daz anymore. I woke up at 6 to start making renders before going to work. We are doing what needs to be done so we can release before the end of the month as promised (and we will btw). I know that is not your concern but please don't say "less the activity" when we barely sleep. Everyday life caused the delay for each member of the team (for me, being away from home for my day job at least 3 weeks each month since September).

We know that it's been too long and that's why we're working on it endlessly to release Act8 as soon as possible (aka by the end of this month). The rest of the team is already working on the next act so it won't be 6 months of waiting again.
You can't satisfy everyone mate. Greater people have tried and fail. There are People that nitpick on Mother Teresa, Mahatma Gandhi what chance do normal people have.
There are always gonna be differences amoung people.
He stated his stance, you don't have to clarify anything here (it's a freestuff site).
If your patron said this in Patreon you should elaborate there and I'm sure they would understand.

(I maybe wrong here) But I think that last few comments hit a nerve and I get it, there are way worse Dev that do way worse behaviour in Visual Novel scene and still have so many paterons.
It is unfair. Don't stress out yourself just because someone has too higher expectation from you.
I have learned it hard way, no matter how hard you work, people who are not satisfied are never satisfied.
Just stick to what you your doing, ignore the white noise.
I hope this helps you, it's not much of a support but it is what I can do.

3.90 star(s) 43 Votes