VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Firstly I think that she's mostly into money - at least she fits that stereotype perfectly - just look at Sammy (and for me that would actually be the valid argument for her "falling for" MC). But secondly I wouldn't call her stupid or completely ignorant and dark route MC is just a major asshole, so I don't get why anyone even remotely in his/her right mind would voluntarily be close to him... ...although I've got to admit that we're knowing more than a regular character in the game does since we're reading his thoughts as well - but that's exactly what makes me despise this version of MC so much...
I don't think it's nearly as simple as her just being into money. She certainly enjoys shopping, but I think mainly she likes attention (that and confident men, and if there's one thing you can't fault asshole MC for it's lack of confidence). I actually think that when she's training Claire she's being more straightforward than you might expect, and some of what she says is what she really thinks. It would fit with how it wasn't Sammy being with other women that upset her, but when he stopped paying attention to her.
Don't forget that it's not just MC that is different in the dark route, she's different as well, and is pretty twisted herself in that route. They've been friends for a long time, and just seem like a natural match to me. If you notice, she refers to Claire as "our" pet, she's really right alongside him with his "project".

215303j

I am seconding what I seem to see is a general consensus in most recent posts: We need a middle route, benevolent but dominant, caring yet pervy. It seems a lot of us want to be good to our daughter/her friends but also fuck them. lol. As the darkpath MC is a fucking prick and from what i'm reading alot of people despise him.
You can more or less have that on the nice guy / romance route. Nice guy, but still perving/leering/spying and feeling guilty afterwards.
Only, it's not a harem game. Likely for the sake of realism.

The only NPC's I can see who could be ok with the MC being together with Claire are:
- Anna, who is not (yet?) an option for the MC
- Melinda (maybe)
- Shenice for obvious reasons

The other ones, certainly not, although in the beginning I hoped that Susan could be persuaded.

Reactions: genmaximo

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
You can more or less have that on the nice guy / romance route. Nice guy, but still perving/leering/spying and feeling guilty afterwards.
Only, it's not a harem game. Likely for the sake of realism.
There's no reason a harem game can't be realistic, it just requires good writing. And in the light side route, the "feeling guilty" is the problem. It gets old really fast, and seems to go on forever. I just want to slap the guy and tell him to get over it already.
The only NPC's I can see who could be ok with the MC being together with Claire are:
- Anna, who is not (yet?) an option for the MC
- Melinda (maybe)
- Shenice for obvious reasons

The other ones, certainly not, although in the beginning I hoped that Susan could be persuaded.
I don't know if it's planned, but I would love to see Claire and MC getting a bit adventurous with other girls in the light side route. It certainly looks like there's some possibility there; Anna has talked about how pretty Claire is a few times, Claire wasn't shocked when Melinda talked about being with a girl, or when Anna got rid of the guys by saying they were together, etc...
None of this means that it will happen, but it wouldn't seem off if it did. I'm not sure why you think none of the others would be up for it though.

@CedSense I have some more screenshots that seem a bit funny.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

215303j

There's no reason a harem game can't be realistic, it just requires good writing.
Except muslims and mormons (and maybe Silvio Berlusconi), I don't know anybody who can make it work...

I don't know if it's planned, but I would love to see Claire and MC getting a bit adventurous with other girls in the light side route. It certainly looks like there's some possibility there; Anna has talked about how pretty Claire is a few times, Claire wasn't shocked when Melinda talked about being with a girl, or when Anna got rid of the guys by saying they were together, etc...
None of this means that it will happen, but it wouldn't seem off if it did.
Well, it would for sure be hot, but (at least on the romance path) Claire is pretty innocent and straight-laced. Which is not surprising given that she grew up in a Catholic orphanage. She's not stupid nor very naive, but I think threesomes are on another level. She'll need some serious time to get adjusted (and dare I say corrupted) for that to happen. Given that the game is supposed to be complete in September, I don't see the time for this to progress beyond sex with the MC, at least on the romance path.

I'm not sure why you think none of the others would be up for it though.
I think the others (Susan, Grace) are too much put off by the incest. And Susan is clearly jealous of Claire.

Reactions: genmaximo

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
#2 is hot, might be a bit too risque for the light paths though.

Both are good, cant go wrong either way.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Except muslims and mormons (and maybe Silvio Berlusconi), I don't know anybody who can make it work...
It's more common than you think. I did some quick googling and I was actually surprised by how high the numbers are myself. Around one in 20 are involved in some form of polyamorous or open relationship, one in four are seriously interested in group sex, and over 40% would at least consider it. Obviously one man/multiple women relationships are going to be a subset of these numbers, but the idea is clearly not outlandish.
I think the others (Susan, Grace) are too much put off by the incest. And Susan is clearly jealous of Claire.
Well Claire isn't necessarily related, and even if she is I don't recall either of them giving any indication one way or the other. IIRC the only one in the game who displays any anti-incest sentiment is MC himself. And to me Susan seemed to be more bothered about MC not spending time with her rather than about Claire per se (which is ironic considering that MC turns her down once, she blows him off multiple times, and the time he "turns her down" was him inviting her to a group gathering rather than a one-on-one). Also don't forget that if you play the phone sex scene dominantly, she says "maybe" to a future threesome.

Reactions: Rythan25

215303j

#2 is hot, might be a bit too risque for the light paths though.

Both are good, cant go wrong either way.
Agreed.

It's more common than you think. I did some quick googling and I was actually surprised by how high the numbers are myself. Around one in 20 are involved in some form of polyamorous or open relationship, one in four are seriously interested in group sex, and over 40% would at least consider it. Obviously one man/multiple women relationships are going to be a subset of these numbers, but the idea is clearly not outlandish.
Those numbers are much higher than I thought, but open / polyamorous relationships are not harems. The idea of a harem is one guy jealously guarding all the girls, no other guys allowed.

For me personally, I shudder to think about all the drama that would bring. The reason why it works for muslims and mormons is that they have a patriachal system where the authority of the man is enhanced by the religion. I guess it could work for non/other religions, but the guy has to be really dominant and the girls really submissive by nature and by choice. I think that's pretty rare. Not to mention that women (also submissive women) like some security (e.g. marriage) which is not possible outside a.m. religions.

Polyamory on the other hand, is by nature equalitarian or even feminist. I know I probably will get some flak for that, but the idea is that both the guy and the girl can have sex / love with another person. This is something no traditional patriach could allow, which is also the reason why this is a quite new phenomenon at least in Western civilization, as it needed the sexual revolution and feminism (which are strongly linked to each other).

But maybe all of this is going too far off topic, maybe it's better to create a thread in the general forum if we want to discuss further.

Well Claire isn't necessarily related, and even if she is I don't recall either of them giving any indication one way or the other. IIRC the only one in the game who displays any anti-incest sentiment is MC himself. And to me Susan seemed to be more bothered about MC not spending time with her rather than about Claire per se (which is ironic considering that MC turns her down once, she blows him off multiple times, and the time he "turns her down" was him inviting her to a group gathering rather than a one-on-one). Also don't forget that if you play the phone sex scene dominantly, she says "maybe" to a future threesome.
That's true, especially the last sentence. It's why I hoped for a Susan/Claire path, but I think Susan is either scared or not interested in playing second fiddle.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Those numbers are much higher than I thought, but open / polyamorous relationships are not harems. The idea of a harem is one guy jealously guarding all the girls, no other guys allowed.
All that's needed to fit into the harem genre is one guy with multiple girls, it's not restricted to one particular dynamic. Several girls who love the same guy and choose to share rather than fight over him certainly counts.

@CedSense I have more feedback, if you're interested. I may have got a bit carried away.

Mar 11, 2019
hmm....new to the game but i'm doing the dad/romance route and i am using the incest patch plus a save editor and...right after moving in and having told her the truth i'm getting this error weather i choose to have her call me by my first name or saying dad.
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
KeyError: u"u'Audra'"

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/sr05.rpyc", line 709, in script
�d����f�@JF�c��բ�d��;��b���4U�^䨁�.Q�m ���x����8�q �/k��%�.ݿ�LH} P_z�~�
File "N:\Users\juanj\Downloads\OurFate-0.14a-SE-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 624, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
File "N:\Users\juanj\Downloads\OurFate-0.14a-SE-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1173, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "N:\Users\juanj\Downloads\OurFate-0.14a-SE-pc\renpy\character.py", line 902, in __call__
what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
File "N:\Users\juanj\Downloads\OurFate-0.14a-SE-pc\renpy\character.py", line 884, in sub
return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
File "N:\Users\juanj\Downloads\OurFate-0.14a-SE-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 596, in _vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 613, in format_field
File "N:\Users\juanj\Downloads\OurFate-0.14a-SE-pc\renpy\character.py", line 829, in __format__
return format(unicode(self), spec)
File "N:\Users\juanj\Downloads\OurFate-0.14a-SE-pc\renpy\character.py", line 823, in __unicode__
return renpy.substitutions.substitute(who)[0]
File "N:\Users\juanj\Downloads\OurFate-0.14a-SE-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
KeyError: u"u'Audra'"

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Our Fate 0.14a-SE

i named her Audra...

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
hmm....new to the game but i'm doing the dad/romance route and i am using the incest patch plus a save editor and...right after moving in and having told her the truth i'm getting this error weather i choose to have her call me by my first name or saying dad.
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
How did you use the save editor? to edit what variable/s?

Mar 11, 2019
How did you use the save editor? to edit what variable/s?
Well this is what i have in the save right before the choice, according to save editor.

_confirm_quit 1/0 : (1)_console._defaults_set > traced_expressions 1/0 : (1)_defaults_set > _history 1/0 : (1)_defaults_set > _history_list 1/0 : (1)_defaults_set > _nvl_language 1/0 : (1)_defaults_set > quick_menu 1/0 : (1)_history 1/0 : (1)_return : (0)_side_image > default 1/0 : (0)_side_image_old > default 1/0 : (0)_side_image_raw > default 1/0 : (0)ad_relation : (100)ag_relation : (110)da > dynamic 1/0 : (1)da_cameras : (0)da_checkherout : (3)da_choice : (0)da_lesson1 : (0)da_lesson2 : (0)da_relation : (140)da_story1 : (1)da_to_ex_view : (1)da_use_name : (1)dau_choice : (0)ex_knows : (0)ex_relation : (185)fa > dynamic 1/0 : (0)fa_attitude1 : (1)fa_attitude2 : (2)fa_attitude3 : (2)fa_sex_withad : (1)fa_sex_withad2 : (0)fa_sexbehavior1 : (0)fa_sexbehavior2 : (2)fa_sexbehavior3 : (1)fa_sexbehavior4 : (1)fa_sexbehavior5 : (0)gf_approach1 : (0)gf_dialogue_temp1 : (0)gf_knows : (1)gf_relation : (215)gf_to_da_view : (0)main_menu 1/0 : (0)mouse_visible 1/0 : (1)no_censorship : (1)pi_knows : (1)pi_relation : (135)quick_menu 1/0 : (1)suppress_overlay 1/0 : (0)var_debug : (0)

if i messed something up i will correct it.

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
Well this is what i have in the save right before the choice, according to save editor.

_confirm_quit 1/0 :(1)_console._defaults_set > traced_expressions 1/0 :(1)_defaults_set > _history 1/0 :(1)_defaults_set > _history_list 1/0 :(1)_defaults_set > _nvl_language 1/0 :(1)_defaults_set > quick_menu 1/0 :(1)_history 1/0 :(1)_return :(0)_side_image > default 1/0 :(0)_side_image_old > default 1/0 :(0)_side_image_raw > default 1/0 :(0)ad_relation :(100)ag_relation :(110)da > dynamic 1/0 :(1)da_cameras :(0)da_checkherout :(3)da_choice :(0)da_lesson1 :(0)da_lesson2 :(0)da_relation :(140)da_story1 :(1)da_to_ex_view :(1)da_use_name :(1)dau_choice :(0)ex_knows :(0)ex_relation :(185)fa > dynamic 1/0 :(0)fa_attitude1 :(1)fa_attitude2 :(2)fa_attitude3 :(2)fa_sex_withad :(1)fa_sex_withad2 :(0)fa_sexbehavior1 :(0)fa_sexbehavior2 :(2)fa_sexbehavior3 :(1)fa_sexbehavior4 :(1)fa_sexbehavior5 :(0)gf_approach1 :(0)gf_dialogue_temp1 :(0)gf_knows :(1)gf_relation :(215)gf_to_da_view :(0)main_menu 1/0 :(0)mouse_visible 1/0 :(1)no_censorship :(1)pi_knows :(1)pi_relation :(135)quick_menu 1/0 :(1)suppress_overlay 1/0 :(0)var_debug :(0)

if i messed something up i will correct it.
I am asking what variables you used the editor to change, only the ones you changed. from the traceback it would seem to be either the daughter or fathers name (or the daughter character reference) given the error message as those are the only vars called on line 709 in sr05

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
ahh okay in that case
ad_relation
ag_relation
da_relation
ex_relation
gf_relation
pi_relation
i think that's it
hmm, don't see how that could cause this error, none of those vars are checked anywhere near that point in the script. Has to be something you edited though, tried myself and everything works fine with no editing.

Mar 11, 2019
hmm, don't see how that could cause this error, none of those vars are checked anywhere near that point in the script. Has to be something you edited though, tried myself and everything works fine with no editing.
looks like at some point i edited both da > dynamic and fa > dynamic to 1 while the other was at 0 .-. after making sure both are set to 0 it seems to have fixed it.

sandro

May 27, 2017

Unlocked

Hello all !
We wish you had a wonderful week-end.
Here are the next preview pictures for the 0.15:

Next is the announcement for the winner of the design poll, that should come soon !

Thanks for the amazing support.

Celeste & Cedsense.

Mar 28, 2019
Just to ask, if you are going for the romance route with the main female, are you able to get a threesome ending with her friend Anna or is it just strictly picking one?

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes