VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

nobrumski

Donor
May 27, 2019
Just started playing, and I noticed one possible choice which didn't seem to match up with the dialogue.

At Ray's Tammy asks if you mind giving her a ride. The options seem like they should be reversed. If you say yes, I read that as yes I mind giving you a ride. But no actually means I can't give you a ride. If Tammy just asked for a ride, the answers would match up, but since she is asking if you mind giving her a ride they don't sync up.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

pizbia

Sep 17, 2017
This is a really well-written game, I was really impressed. I've only played the dark side route so far, but Melinda especially is a real treat.

Are there any other games around at this level of quality? This is easily one of the best games I've played on this site.

Reactions: netsrac

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
It does need a walkthrough ... too many options for mixing up the paths ..:confused:
There really aren't. The choices which put you on the light or the dark path are very clearly labelled, you really can't go wrong with them. The only thing you need to know beyond that is that if you want a romance with Claire you need to check her out. What else would you want to know?

Reactions: victkh

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
There really aren't. The choices which put you on the light or the dark path are very clearly labelled, you really can't go wrong with them. The only thing you need to know beyond that is that if you want a romance with Claire you need to check her out. What else would you want to know?
For example I have been nothing but nice to this Ray guy but still he sells me out to this mayor-daughter .... I have been really sweet to Melinda and still can´t go to second base with her ... it is confusing ...

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
For example I have been nothing but nice to this Ray guy but still he sells me out to this mayor-daughter .... I have been really sweet to Melinda and still can´t go to second base with her ... it is confusing ...
You can't change the way things go with Ray. And on the light path you can only be with one girl. For that to be Melinda you need to not get together with Claire, break up with Susan, and reject Grace when she comes to your house. That or play the dark path; dark Jensen doesn't care about being with more than one girl.

215303j

This is a really well-written game, I was really impressed. I've only played the dark side route so far, but Melinda especially is a real treat.

Are there any other games around at this level of quality? This is easily one of the best games I've played on this site.
Although this one is my favourite, there are a couple other good ones with a similar feel, like:

Haley's Story
Intimate Relations
Depraved Awakening
The DeLuca Family (this one is a bit lighter than the others but very good)

There are more very games though. Probably more than you have time to play them! :D

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
The only thing you need to know beyond that is that if you want a romance with Claire you need to check her out.
That isn't quiet right. The key decisions are when you have the option to "feel protective/aroused" and when you will "protect her/give in". Choosing the first option leads to the friend/fatherly path, the second one to the romance path.

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
That isn't quiet right. The key decisions are when you have the option to "feel protective/aroused" and when you will "protect her/give in". Choosing the first option leads to the friend/fatherly path, the second one to the romance path.
Oh great now I can replay again!! That is why I´m saying a walkthrough would be helpful ...:(

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
That is why I´m saying a walkthrough would be helpful ...:(
The thing is, that there are so many variables which - so it seems - only influence the dialogues; they obviously don't have an impact on the story itself. What's the point of having maxed your relationship points, when the outcome is the same as if they are even negative?

Very short walkthrough :cool::

In the beginning you have to be nice to get on the friend/romance path or cold to get on the corruption/domination path.

On the "green" path you decide to feel aroused (romance) or to feel protective (friend).
On the "red" path you decide to corrupt or dominate her.

Reactions: Dan the man 62

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
The thing is, that there are so many variables which - so it seems - only influence the dialogues; they obviously don't have an impact on the story itself. What's the point of having maxed your relationship points, when the outcome is the same as if they are even negative?

Very short walkthrough :cool::

In the beginning you have to be nice to get on the friend/romance path or cold to get on the corruption/domination path.

On the "green" path you decide to feel aroused (romance) or to feel protective (friend).
And what is the influence on the game in whether accepting or refusing the mayors offer and later on the mayor´s daughters offer?

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
and lets hope it will continue.
a few times i felt the slow progress was a bit too slow and i wonder the reason why.
but that is ok if we are getting somewhere, i have high expectations for the next release
and i hope it will be more daring and more sexy. i think its time to take it to the next level.

Reactions: sandro

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

My mistake about what triggers the romance/friend paths, but you're wrong about the friendly or cold choices; I always pick the friendly options regardless of if I'm playing the light or dark routes, literally the only thing that matters for that is the labelled red/green choices.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes