VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

Bruce_Wayne18

Mar 14, 2018
Damn. There must be a flu that affects only game devs (of adult games).

Imagine if triple-A gaming companies like CDProjekt Red had a Patreon. Would they get the same flu too?

Or better yet, imagine if everyday people who work regular jobs from nine to five, called their bosses and said they have an unknown disease/ they got mentally tired so they need to rest for a couple of months. But they shouldn't lose their job because they will get better! Just a break for a couple of months! What do you think would happen then?

In general, many adult game devs treat this as their job (some of them say so in their Patreon goals, stuff like 'If this game reaches $1k a month I will be working on it full time!' etc).

Stress comes with every job. People don't have mental breakdowns all the time by just working.

Fact of the matter is: A stranger on the internet is claiming to have a condition that renders them incapable of producing any work whatsoever. I'm not going to believe them without some hard proof. That's just me though.

TimeToOilUp

Jun 22, 2018
Or better yet, imagine if everyday people who work regular jobs from nine to five, called their bosses and said they have an unknown disease/ they got mentally tired so they need to rest for a couple of months. But they shouldn't lose their job because they will get better! Just a break for a couple of months! What do you think would happen then?
Well, in Germany the Boss would still have to pay them for some time, if you can prove that your ill.
Also, who said sth. about mental breakdown? Didn't the dev only say he's ill?
And to come back to that absurd example: You can't really compare that, since he doesn't ask for money in the time without any work towards the development of the game, he actually cancelled the charges.
So it doesn't really matter if you believe him or not.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016

Imagine if triple-A gaming companies like CDProjekt Red had a Patreon. Would they get the same flu too?

In general, many adult game devs treat this as their job (some of them say so in their Patreon goals, stuff like 'If this game reaches $1k a month I will be working on it full time!' etc).

Stress comes with every job. People don't have mental breakdowns all the time by just working.

Fact of the matter is: A stranger on the internet is claiming to have a condition that renders them incapable of producing any work whatsoever. I'm not going to believe them without some hard proof. That's just me though.
Fact of the matter is, why should he give a damn what you think?
Like usual you people never look into it, you see a dev is ill, you automatically start complaining and assuming and basically come to it from the position that he must be lying without any reason.
Which is a position that I think tells us more about you than about the dev. Namely that you either have trust issues or would be someone who would tell lies to cover for himself in a similar situation.

And if you mention triple-A gaming companies, CDProjekt Red and I love them, no doubt about it, put publishing Witcher 3 back for what? 6 months?
Did you believe them when they told us fans it was just to make the game better or did you accuse them of lying as well?

Or how about all those triple-A games nowadays that are being published riddled with bugs that make them next to unplayable and then having to wait several patches in, just to finally play a game as it is supposed to be played, even though you paid for it weeks ago, or maybe months if you pre-ordered? Is that better than a dev becoming sick?

Why not approach each case as it's own? Check the facts, like in this case where people don't even need to pay, as long as Cedsense doesn't work on the game. Why not check if the dev has a history of delays and dozens of excuses, check if he usually delivers what he promises AND THEN draw a conclusion?

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018

Firstly, Ced paused Patreon stuff while they weren't working.
Second, if you look a few posts before yours, you'd see they're back to it and you're ranting long after the fact.

Bruce_Wayne18

Mar 14, 2018
Fact of the matter is, why should he give a damn what you think?
Like usual you people never look into it, you see a dev is ill, you automatically start complaining and assuming and basically come to it from the position that he must be lying without any reason.
Which is a position that I think tells us more about you than about the dev. Namely that you either have trust issues or would be someone who would tell lies to cover for himself in a similar situation.

And if you mention triple-A gaming companies, CDProjekt Red and I love them, no doubt about it, put publishing Witcher 3 back for what? 6 months?
Did you believe them when they told us fans it was just to make the game better or did you accuse them of lying as well?

Or how about all those triple-A games nowadays that are being published riddled with bugs that make them next to unplayable and then having to wait several patches in, just to finally play a game as it is supposed to be played, even though you paid for it weeks ago, or maybe months if you pre-ordered? Is that better than a dev becoming sick?

Why not approach each case as it's own? Check the facts, like in this case where people don't even need to pay, as long as Cedsense doesn't work on the game. Why not check if the dev has a history of delays and dozens of excuses, check if he usually delivers what he promises AND THEN draw a conclusion?
First off: I never said anything about this game's dev. It was a general observation and since he was the latest victim of this mysterious Patreon disease, I decided to post here, so put down your shilling pitchfork.

I've never had a problem with CDProjekt Red (except for their latest choice to remove binary gender options in Cyberpunk which is a pr stand to pander to the SJW's).

Personally, I'd rather wait a long time for something good rather than get something full of bugs like you said. Same goes with Ubisoft and Assassin's Creed. Now that they don't rush to release a new one each year, I enjoy them again. But, I'd also prefer to pay a set amount of money for a game to a company I know and has a more 'real world' presence rather than paying each month some unknown guy on the internet to get pieces of the game. I'm also not a fan of the episodic release for DLC like with Hitman and Assassin's Creed.

If you are some unknown guy on the internet all you have to go on is your work. So yeah, I'll point out the obvious: Patreon disease devs contact is a joke.

Lastly, I strongly advise you to stop being so gullible on the internet. Oh, and if a Nigerian prince contacts you for money I suggest you think twice before sending him any.

Edit: I already knew that he paused pledges so good on him. My point is about the mysterious Patreon disease that affects adult game devs who make $1k+ a month. And I never accused him of trying to scam people for money. DeltaDuster

tehcatsmiaw

Jul 2, 2017
This is better than DMD, but most games are. I never understood the hype around that game (maybe because it was one of the first quality adult games and people got attached to it). But that game is so god damn boring, if you ask me. And the interactions between the characters seems so weird and fake. I don't even like the style of renders that game has, the girl looks like an overinflated Barbie doll. The dev improved most of these things in Melody, but I wouldn't even call that game to be 'top of the line' (even though Melody does look really good).

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018

Lmao, what do you expect here ? For Ced to send his medical bill to some perverts on a piracy forum?

Was hoping these notifications were news of an update but alias sadly not :(
True, but he confirmed he'll double down on NTR path in next update.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TungstenDuck

May 6, 2018
This is better than DMD, but most games are. I never understood the hype around that game (maybe because it was one of the first quality adult games and people got attached to it). But that game is so god damn boring, if you ask me. And the interactions between the characters seems so weird and fake. I don't even like the style of renders that game has, the girl looks like an overinflated Barbie doll. The dev improved most of these things in Melody, but I wouldn't even call that game to be 'top of the line' (even though Melody does look really good).
Yeah, DMD was my first game of this type. And you're right, I've since found several that really are just better even within the realm of the incest kink. I think this one has the best emotional, romantic relationship that I've found so far. I luff my pumpkin. :love:

KingFap

Jul 16, 2019
no offense buddy. just specify my mind

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes