• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
News:

Now that's out of the way, some report on the progress. Well... it's still kind of slow, it's strangely very hard to get back into the story and characters, a little bit like old friends you know very well but haven't seen in a while, there can be some kind of awkwardness *laughs*

But I'm going my best to get back into it, and produce the same amount of content as I was doing before, and feel, again, the same connection with Our Fate, as soon as possible.

hanks for the amazing support you guys are showing us, I hope to be able to provide a release date (I don't when which one though yet) during the month, but I can't promise anything still at this point.

Preview Pics:

I'm worried about the pic with Melinda and Claire. I know it's a completely different developer, so I'm hopeful this doesn't go the way of Life with Mary if you tried to involve Simone.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I think there will be a poly route with MC/Claire and Anna. It was already hinted at in the last updates.

I dont really think it'll have one with Claire and Melinda, Melinda is probably just trying to get her out her shell in what I assume is the corruption path. Remember, they have already talked about how they dress and that sort of thing.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I'm not much for the corruption or was it the domination route where the MC over spams the words good girl whenever he was talking to his daughter. After awhile I ended up opening up the script and removing the words from it and replacing the words with the daughters name otherwise I was going to shove that good girl right up the ugly bastards ass hole the next time he said it.

CookieMonster666

I wouldn't mind a threesome with the daughter and other girls in the game maybe even some foursomes. I haven't played Life with Mary for awhile as I couldn't stand that John client asshole as he shouldn't of got Mary's mom the MC should of then Mary her mom and the MC could of lived happily ever after and maybe even of had a foursome here and there with Mary's friend. I was always rubbing John out of the script and removing his pictures and edited it to where she was talking to the MC instead.

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
I'm not much for the corruption or was it the domination route where the MC over spams the words good girl whenever he was talking to his daughter. After awhile I ended up opening up the script and removing the words from it and replacing the words with the daughters name otherwise I was going to shove that good girl right up the ugly bastards ass hole the next time he said it.

CookieMonster666

I wouldn't mind a threesome with the daughter and other girls in the game maybe even some foursomes. I haven't played Life with Mary for awhile as I couldn't stand that John client asshole as he shouldn't of got Mary's mom the MC should of then Mary her mom and the MC could of lived happily ever after and maybe even of had a foursome here and there with Mary's friend. I was always rubbing John out of the script and removing his pictures and edited it to where she was talking to the MC instead.
I didn't play the dom/corruption route yet just because it felt so wrong... I'm sure the dialog wouldn't have helped.

I quit playing Life with Mary for reasons including that one... it just felt like an obvious option you should have had was denied to you and given to some other guy. :( The story just felt like it went in a wrong direction (not a fan of her friend either, for example. Can't remember the other irritations.)

I've had a few other games like that... Freeloading Family got all feminist and ridiculous after a good start. I'm drawing a blank on the others.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
you do whatever u need to do, of course, its your playing experience,
but theres nothing the dev can do, its not that everyone wants to play harem games.
make a thread where u can make mods of all games with those fixes, im sure it will be appreciated.

for me, its the reverse, i dont like that kind of games. I want the Mc to be with 1 girl
and if theres a 3some, its because the Mc and his gf want to experience something, but never that the other girl is "owned" by the Mc.

so, put all that energy of complain and mod the games yourself and share it here so others like you can enjoy the games as you want.

215303j

I have to admit to not having finished Life with Mary yet.
But I did understand, immediately when the choice presented itself, that chosing to involve Simone would have consequences.

It's called realism...

In this game, I suspect it might be similar: if you involve Anna, you may not get a "true love" ending between the MC and Claire.
I have to say, it only makes sense.
Since it's a game which tries (and succeeds) to be realistic, maybe it would be a good option to promote a relationship between Anna and Claire. Being in a lesbian relationship may not be the easiest way to live your life, but it's probably easier than being in a relationship with your father, so a good father may want to pursue such a path rather than give in to his own desires.

In a domination / corruption route (which I didn't play), involving Melinda may make sense to speed up progress with Claire. If another woman is involved, the girl's defenses are likely to be lowered.

Reactions: txtBild

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Being in a lesbian relationship may not be the easiest way to live your life, but it's probably easier than being in a relationship with your father, so a good father may want to pursue such a path rather than give in to his own desires.
Good thing she isn't the MC's daughter in my game ;)

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
What you got against 3somes? :unsure:
But she at least calls you daddy right?
I'm not against threesomes. What you must think of me.... :(

In Shock.png

I'm against a developer offering it in casual game conversations as if a character is totally fine with it, and then making the player pay for making the choice. I know this is a completely different developer and game, so I'm hopeful nothing similar will happen in Our Fate.

Last edited:

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
I agree that Our Fate goes kinda hardcore on the Dom route -- not that it's a criticism, but I'd prefer the option of a "Loving Dom" route -- but it's worrying that you guys are unable to treat it as the game that it is. There's psychological manipulation, sure, but after all there are games on this site with a lot more fucked up shit, and some extremely questionable themes (whether politically "in" right now or not), many of which are very popular.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
>I'm a proud sociopath
I hope 8chan comes back so you can go back there.
all i said is that this society is populated by fucked up shits manipulating people, not that i participate in the fuckedupness. at least not as manipulator.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes