VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
One of my biggest issue with this game is I feel like this game only offer the illusion of choice for most of the game, you can perhaps choose how you'll threat your daughter or your ex's daughter, you can choose your relationship with her, but it feels like this is the only extent of choice in the game. If you choose her every other relationships you'll be forced to break, even if you make choices that clearly show your interest in somebody else you'll then magically just reject it, I mean whats the point of choice if the game basically say 'nope' 5 second later to your choice? I can live with enforcing monogamy to some degree but doing so by basically undoing decisions you make is not the way to do it, have the other character reject you or something, not you suddenly decided to break up with the other character the moment that relationship isn't deemed convenient enough. How come you can cheat on Susan, but when you are with your daughter you cannot do anything to really divert from that relationship? It feels annoying.

Next their is several events that feel pushed in a really contrived way, for example when Shenice comes to your home, whatever you choose your 'daughter' come back to find you and Shenice together, now the thing is if you choose to sleep with Shenice shouldn't it have taken a significantly longer amount of time than if you reject her? Somehow your 'daughter' come back just right on time even if their should have been easily a significant difference in time. Also you have the prick, Eric, you have the choice of letting your 'daughter' choose what to do with him OR you choose what to do... and it doesn't change anything again, either way you just walk off... seriously I am pretty sure if a father found a guy assaulting his 'daughter' his reaction would always be to beat the ever loving crap out of the bastard.

Going down that line, whatever you choose to help the Mayor or not his daughter come to visit you, and whatever or not you play along nicely or not the Mayor and Co get suspicious and start working against you... what the Hell? If you let your 'daughter' decide to leave the prick unharmed and play nice with the Mayor and his Daughter, and you don't push Grace or Ray to investigate too much and yet somehow you get discovered? It feels incredibly railroaded, it feels your choices didn't matter the Mayor & Co threat you as an enemy no matter if you seemed were cooperative or not. Also Ray doesn't tell you shit about it no matter if you have been treating him well all along or not, you'd expect how you threat characters around you to have an impact, but it doesn't seem to do so, merely the illusion of doing so.

Reactions: Sickboy

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
I agree, the choices dont change much, you will still follow a path that seems predestined.
so, the only way to analyze this game is that, each choice is only for the Mc, even if it will not change much, it will change a bit, but things seems to need to happen no matter what the Mc is doing.
yeah, i would like a game with more variety, who doesnt?
but for me, they have done a good job with the story, if they save a bit of time rendering, as they are re-using the cg whatever you chose, im fine with that, as long they are progressing. and i really hope they will.

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
I agree, the choices dont change much, you will still follow a path that seems predestined.
so, the only way to analyze this game is that, each choice is only for the Mc, even if it will not change much, it will change a bit, but things seems to need to happen no matter what the Mc is doing.
yeah, i would like a game with more variety, who doesnt?
but for me, they have done a good job with the story, if they save a bit of time rendering, as they are re-using the cg whatever you chose, im fine with that, as long they are progressing. and i really hope they will.
I understand that argument, but I'll counter in that case why bother with those meaningless choices? If they want to save time on rendering so they cut corners and make many choices meaningless well in that case just don't bother giving us a choice, I have no problem reading a kinetic novel, but I like to be told clearly its a kinetic novel and for them to bother with wasting my time with choices that aren't really there. The Dev could have skipped the choices that end up not making a difference at all and just focus on the ones that actually matter.

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
One of my biggest issue with this game is I feel like this game only offer the illusion of choice for most of the game, you can perhaps choose how you'll threat your daughter or your ex's daughter, you can choose your relationship with her, but it feels like this is the only extent of choice in the game. If you choose her every other relationships you'll be forced to break, even if you make choices that clearly show your interest in somebody else you'll then magically just reject it, I mean whats the point of choice if the game basically say 'nope' 5 second later to your choice?
O_O

You can keep all relationships if you're cold-hearted jerk (aka dom/cor path). And of course you can have only one lover on true-love path. What's wrong here? Polygamy isn't common practice in most countries even without incesteous part.

Sure, dev could leave option to cheat your lover with following bad end but decided not to do it.

How come you can cheat on Susan, but when you are with your daughter you cannot do anything to really divert from that relationship?
:FacePalm: Do you even fallen in love? If you're just suddenly fallen in love with girl - how you could cheat her? After some time when initial passion is burned out - surely, but when all just began? Never.

• Haha
Reactions: greenp

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I actually like that MC wont start relationships with other girls on the "good" routes. The stuff with Susan was necessary, although if you made the choices needed for them to break up that relationship was failing so the cheating (if you did it) would be more understandable.

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
You can keep all relationships if you're cold-hearted jerk (aka dom/cor path). And of course you can have only one lover on true-love path. What's wrong here? Polygamy isn't common practice in most countries even without incesteous part.

Sure, dev could leave option to cheat your lover with following bad end but decided not to do it.
My problem isn't as I said with monogamy its how they pulled it, my problem is the character taking romantic decisions counter to the decision making I have done. For example like I stated at one point you talk to Grace you can flirt with her, but if you engaged in a romance with the 'daughter' it basically bounce back and say basically 'nope' 5 seconds later. Don't give me the option to flirt and thus implicitly accept to continue the relationship if the character is going to basically nullify your decision 5 seconds later.

Also let's be real here... if you are actually practicing something like incest... thus you are perfectly willing to break a serious social taboo I don't see why you wouldn't be willing to break another social taboo and have a polyamory along with it... I mean in for a penny in for a pound. Hell the game argument in favor of incest seem to be basically 'if it makes you happy its fine' so at that point polyamory should be fine too.

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
My problem isn't as I said with monogamy its how they pulled it, my problem is the character taking romantic decisions counter to the decision making I have done. For example like I stated at one point you talk to Grace you can flirt with her, but if you engaged in a romance with the 'daughter' it basically bounce back and say basically 'nope' 5 seconds later. Don't give me the option to flirt and thus implicitly accept to continue the relationship if the character is going to basically nullify your decision 5 seconds later.
AFAIK you can reject your daughter and pursue other girl in true-love path. So it's your mistake - everything work fine like in any good VN. Harem isn't in tags - why you're trying to play like it is and request it will be here?

Also let's be real here... if you are actually practicing something like incest... thus you are perfectly willing to break a serious social taboo I don't see why you wouldn't be willing to break another social taboo and have a polyamory along with it...
So you still don't know what is love feeling, huh. And polygamy isn't social taboo - you're treating your waifu like a plastic doll, completely ignoring any thought about her feelings. Play dom route it's exactly what you're want and describing here - lust for many girls without feeling any kind of emotional link to them.

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
AFAIK you can reject your daughter and pursue other girl in true-love path. So it's your mistake - everything work fine like in any good VN. Harem isn't in tags - why you're trying to play like it is and request it will be here?

So you still don't know what is love feeling, huh. And polygamy isn't social taboo - you're treating your waifu like a plastic doll, completely ignoring any thought about her feelings. Play dom route it's exactly what you're want and describing here - lust for many girls without feeling any kind of emotional link to them.
I knew you could reject your daughter for another, that wasn't again what my complain was about. I again didn't request a Harem, I requested consistency, your character acting like your decisions matter, I am fine with the monogamy, its how its executed in the game I complain about.

Next I know what love feels like, but you suffer the delusion that love is a finite good, and thus that you can't love two people at the same time, its not how it works, we have an infinite capacity for love, only time allotment and social taboos are the reason why having multiple lovers is an issue. Look for example at having kids, you can have 10 kids and love every single one of them all at the same time, why exactly is romantic love any different? What magic romantic love is supposed to have that the love for your kids doesn't? Its easily as much if not more intense, now how its executed differs, but its still none the less love, so why can you have triplets and love every single one of them, YET you should only be able to love romantically one person at a time? Its indoctrinated upon us by society, that is why, you are told you are supposed to only love one person romantically and than you delude yourself into thinking its reality, but reality is very much otherwise.

• Angry
Reactions: Avaron1974

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
What magic romantic love is supposed to have that the love for your kids doesn't?
If you want to throw away romantic & psychology stuff - biochemistry of love is against :) First week or two humans are VERY focused, especially if target answer at least a bit.

Many things that "indoctrinated upon us" are in fact based on biology/chemistry/psychology and other sciences. You either accept reality or trying to live in imaginary world (with unavoidable psych disorders). Best and most bright examples are current "meta" about genders - sure, you could think whatever you want, but your flesh isn't so easy to change.

Last edited:

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I hope this hiatus will bring some good and dev will add some actual options that can change a game. Hospital scene kinda broke this one for me when my MC who had no scenes and had no desire at all for D suddenly started kissing her like typical incest midnless protag. Except for the writing this game is such a linear dissapointment it's annoying cuz it had great potential. Hope next version will fix something.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Is there gonna be an update? He was doing previews for a month and now no news. I would really like to Patronize this game, but I'm not going to if it's gonna be abandoned?

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
If you want to throw away romantic & psychology stuff - biochemistry of love is against :) First week or two humans are VERY focused, especially if target answer at least a bit.

Many things that "indoctrinated upon us" are in fact based on biology/chemistry/psychology and other sciences. You either accept reality or trying to live in imaginary world (with unavoidable psych disorders). Best and most bright examples are current "meta" about genders - sure, you could think whatever you want, but your flesh isn't so easy to change.
theyre arguing as the player making a decision. they complain there is a decision which implies the continuation of the relationship with the girlfriend, but the developer cuts them off making the player character break up anyway. in other words, the decision is superflous as it leads to the same end result no matter what is chosen if a decision in another part of the game set a certain variable. essentialy, the comparison against said variable should happen before the user input so the input doesnt even appear in the first place in this case.
they were trying to pursue a polyarmorous harem relationship.

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
theyre arguing as the player making a decision. they complain there is a decision which implies the continuation of the relationship with the girlfriend, but the developer cuts them off making the player character break up anyway. in other words, the decision is superflous as it leads to the same end result no matter what is chosen if a decision in another part of the game set a certain variable. essentialy, the comparison against said variable should happen before the user input so the input doesnt even appear in the first place in this case.
they were trying to pursue a polyarmorous harem relationship.
1) Yean, shitty girlfriend is a part of story. Dunno, as for me she was shown bad enough. I don't see why you're so angry - most VN have a minor characters that aren't available choice for waifu.

2) Why you're pursuing polyarmorous relationship in a game that don't have such content and AFAIK dev never promised it? If a game without harem isn't for you - fine, then pass by and search for another. Seriously. Or soon we will see "Mister X" complaining there is no furry content, "Creature Y" complaining about no loli content and so on. I don't understand such behavior.

P.S. If you're posting wiki links - then read about real-life harems. They aren't funny thing usually. Happy&loving harems in H-games are almost 100% fictional stuff.

215303j

theyre arguing as the player making a decision. they complain there is a decision which implies the continuation of the relationship with the girlfriend, but the developer cuts them off making the player character break up anyway.
There are a couple of paths possible (as far as I know, I play only the daughter route), I think including keeping Susan as your girlfriend. This does however mean that a relationship with the daughter is not possible, you need to be exclusive at this point.

In my opinion, given the tone and setting of this game, that makes perfect sense. This game is one the rare ones which portray relationships like they could be IRL, including the problems and drama of these relationships. It's not on the very many harem incest games where you bang your whole family but the girls somehow remain oblivious of this fact... :rolleyes: I was actually already surprised that you were allowed to cheat on Susan (e.g. with Grace) on the love / good father paths.

In the future, it is hinted that there might be some content with both Claire and Anna on the love path and with Claire and Melissa on the domination path.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes