VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

MasterDk78

Dec 16, 2017
Get well Cedsence.

Even tho its been 5 months, i figure you have ideas in your head.
I only hope you find the strength to continue, coz you are truly amazing.

Reactions: sahamat

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
what we know is that he is working on it, but we dont know how fast or if he struggles.
he did have issues for a couple of months, but now he is back, he seems honest about it and did a few post and previews.
what we can do is to hope that he will keep going, even if slow. better he takes his time than work too much and breaks down for good. i believe we will get a release, could be next week or another month but before Christmas.

im still waiting for that model-daz-file so I can do some renders for fun while we wait!

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
im quite the understanding person.
life happens and sometimes it can put a strain in you that takes time to heal, but that doesn't justify the behavior to not communicate to your supporters.
last post in patreon is 28 september, and thats 1 month.
im thinking that, if you are absent for months and you return, you should at least try to give weekly updates on whats going on. this to put at ease your patrons and to avoid speculations from the community that can have devastating consequences to the team.

so, sure, we give CedSense time, understanding this and that, slow or not, giving trust and all that, but at least posting some crap now and then to show appreciation and dedication to your patreons. right now CedSense is straining that trust.

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
Ryo He made a post 23 September about Version 16.
But to be honest after 6 months without an update, This thread should be on "On-Hold"
I didn't find the section of the rules where it's explained, but as far as I know:
Games get "On Hold" when a) the developer says so or b) there was no (update and) communication(!) from the dev for 3-5 months.
Games get "Abandoned" when a) the developer says so or b) there was no (update and) communication(!) from the dev for 6 months.
This game was "On Hold" until CedSense came back and said (no exact quote, but I think I'll get the core of it pretty good) "Life is still hard, but I'm back, it'll take some time for me to get back into things, but I'm back and working on it - please be patient."

So for now we should just be that... :)

so, sure, we give CedSense time, understanding this and that, slow or not, giving trust and all that, but at least posting some crap now and then to show appreciation and dedication to your patreons. right now CedSense is straining that trust.
I get your point - and as a patron stuff might feel a little more difficult, but to me it's quite simple:
If you can and want to support, do so - if you get the feeling that it's undeservered for whatever reason, just stop/pause...

Last edited:
Reactions: 215303j
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes