VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
For me, it is in Amber. Definitely not orange.
Oh, FCOL. At this point, you're splitting hairs — amber is a shade / variant of orange. But since we're apparently going there, there's even still a distinct difference between amber and the color actually being used, which is closer to orange than amber. Here all three colors are, from lightest (amber) to darkest (the prefix color), with actual orange in between:
AMBER (#ffbf00)
1719898631104.png
ORANGE (#ffa500)
1719898791413.png
PREFIX COLOR (#ff9800)
1719899362619.png

So strictly speaking, it's neither amber nor orange, although orange is closer to correct than amber. I only bring this up because smartasses like you think you need to "correct" what people say when you know damned well they are using generalized terms. So, I figured I'd explain why your trying to be particular to my generalized color name is still incorrect. But nice try anyway. Maybe you can go look up maize and tell everyone how that's not a type of yellow. :rolleyes:

hash19

Jun 4, 2017
My 2 cents:

As a man I know a lot of colors, such as yellow, red, blue and green. And that's a lot of. :p

And Amber is for me a female first name :cool:

For me, it is in Amber. Definitely not orange.
You can call it what you want, but a normal heterosexual guy can distinguish as many colors as Windows in its basic settings.
Oh, FCOL. At this point, you're splitting hairs — amber is a shade / variant of orange. But since we're apparently going there, there's even still a distinct difference between amber and the color actually being used, which is closer to orange than amber. Here all three colors are, from lightest (amber) to darkest (the prefix color), with actual orange in between:
AMBER (#ffbf00)
View attachment 3790992
ORANGE (#ffa500)
View attachment 3791004
PREFIX COLOR (#ff9800)
View attachment 3791014

So strictly speaking, it's neither amber nor orange, although orange is closer to correct than amber. I only bring this up because smartasses like you think you need to "correct" what people say when you know damned well they are using generalized terms. So, I figured I'd explain why your trying to be particular to my generalized color name is still incorrect. But nice try anyway. Maybe you can go look up maize and tell everyone how that's not a type of yellow. :rolleyes:

ifss

Mar 3, 2019
AMBER (#ffbf00)
View attachment 3790992
ORANGE (#ffa500)
View attachment 3791004
PREFIX COLOR (#ff9800)
View attachment 3791014

Display settings and filters probably are a factor, I suspect.

My question was objective because I wanted to know if my display of colours was any different from others. I had not mentioned anything else about being smart or correct.
Lesson learned.

prawnstar700

Oct 6, 2023
AMBER (#ffbf00)
View attachment 3790992
ORANGE (#ffa500)
View attachment 3791004
PREFIX COLOR (#ff9800)
View attachment 3791014

So, in conclusion, that's actually closest to Pantone 151C right? Gotta to print a bunch of "Abandoned" t-shirts for the local orphanage.

• Haha
Reactions: Yngling

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
So, in conclusion, that's actually closest to Pantone 151C right? Gotta to print a bunch of "Abandoned" t-shirts for the local orphanage.
Definitely, although the text might be better if it read, "Probably not amber". :p So do they put a Pantone 151C Alert out locally when a kid's missing, then?

(Just teasing, ifss.)

• Haha
Reactions: Yngling

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Lost at Birth has nothing to do with this game, and it was never intended to resemble it in any shape or form.

I don't know where you got the idea it should have the same atmosphere or be similar in any way apart from some of the themes and topics the games explore.

The Our Fate "continuation" was supposed to be as similar to the original as possible, I even went as far as to try and replicate the style of writing, in the final build I did which I do have in a file somewhere there's like 3 minutes of playtime with dialogues.

I'm happy things turned out that way, even if I were to make a "fanmade" continuation like my intention was, I think it won't be the same thing if the original developer wasn't involved and it will ultimately be just that, a fan made thing which I'm not saying is a bad thing, just different.

Although, I did offer them to be get involved in the project which I never got any reply back. So the motivation here must be more than just the game but also about money or something else most likely.

I don't know their situation that's why I'm gonna refrain to speak my mind on the topic, but I didn't like how little they cared about what happened.

As for today, I still say they can get in contact with me and we can make something happen if their only problem is the inability to do renders or programming. I just need them to provide with a story-line and dialogue if possible, if not I could do with just the storyboard and I could do the dialogue myself and send it back for approval from them (So the game is actually genuine and not "fan-made")

That and the access to the assets for the game so I can actually make it look the same. Although I could remake the game from the beginning to make it look up to date.

They are invited to contact me through my public discord anytime and we can talk about it.

View attachment 3707187 View attachment 3707188
These look really good, I would love to recreate her looking like that.
seems to me the only thing these dev/this dev care less than for this game would be their/his supporters/players.

the only similar case would be the dev of aoa - which disappeared without a word, went mia for a few years, then came back only when some dude tried to post his game on steam to say - "do not buy it, thats not me!".
after that he disappeared again...to never come back. or at least till some new "steam accident".

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes