VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 82 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
i remember this game back in 2018,i've seen a lot of games here gets abandoned by the same slow burn route,but this game is way too slow
dev got bored until it gets abandoned.
It's definitely possible, but it's all conjecture at this point. The dev just stopped communicating and there were suddenly no more updates. It's absolutely possible someone knows something I don't, but AFAIK everyone's in the dark about what might have happened. It could have been boredom, but it could equally have been a new job taking all his time, a new relationship that forced him to quit, or a lot of other things. So we'd all just be guessing at this point.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
exactly, most of the time we are left in the dark.
what we know is just rumors. like he was ill.
what we do know is that when someone wanted to continue the game/making a remake the DEV did show up stopping it. that would mean he did have plans to return? no, he never returned or showed any interest in that, after that we can only speculate why.
he is not unique, other DEVS have done that same. stopping creative people to continue.
this show the morale they have. ignoring people and even supporters. and its not helping. people start to mistrust and the good DEVS gets to suffer for it.

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019
I don't know why the dev stopped, but I somehow can understand why he do not want that another one is taking over. Maybe there is, but actually I do not know even one game project where a continuation of another dev went well. The few ones I do know all got abandoned again after a few releases (eg "My sweet neighbours") or didn't even see one update (Lexi). And there was one I do not remember the name anymore where the "continuation" was a big mess with garbage new story and not good renders.

I think it's best to let this game "rest in peace" and remember it as a good game that unfortunately stopped to early.

Apr 26, 2023
I don't know why the dev stopped, but I somehow can understand why he do not want that another one is taking over. Maybe there is, but actually I do not know even one game project where a continuation of another dev went well. The few ones I do know all got abandoned again after a few releases (eg "My sweet neighbours") or didn't even see one update (Lexi). And there was one I do not remember the name anymore where the "continuation" was a big mess with garbage new story and not good renders.

I think it's best to let this game "rest in peace" and remember it as a good game that unfortunately stopped to early.
Judging from the game of the one dev who wanted to continue Our Fate - thank god he wasn't allowed to. His protagonist is so pathetic. Its rare to have a chad like CedSense write a game - with confident protagonist and feminine main girl.

Its the one game I would wanna have continued.

But only by CedSense.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Judging from the game of the one dev who wanted to continue Our Fate - thank god he wasn't allowed to. His protagonist is so pathetic. Its rare to have a chad like CedSense write a game - with confident protagonist and feminine main girl.

Its the one game I would wanna have continued.

But only by CedSense.
I actually like that game as well, but I agree with you.

A continuation of Our Fate by someone else would inevitably have given it another flavour.

Apr 26, 2023
to find a good writer is hard enough. and a writer that can follow the style and passion CedSense had its even harder.
unfortunately. since we can easily find a daz-dev that can do better but its the story/characters that makes the difference.
Although I find the daughter to this day one of the most real looking DAZ models I have seen. The face, the figure. And its already 6 (?) years ago.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
yeah. the model is good, well made and not exaggerated. even if outdated it looks ok. but today u can do the same but better quality, as long u keep it natural and not try to make it "perfect" that in the end looks bad.
the daz-dev was also skilled with the face and expressions. that is also very important or u get a game like dating my daughter that uses the same expressions all the time.
so, I dont mind that quality CedSense used, the importance is the story here.

Apr 26, 2023
yeah. the model is good, well made and not exaggerated. even if outdated it looks ok. but today u can do the same but better quality, as long u keep it natural and not try to make it "perfect" that in the end looks bad.
the daz-dev was also skilled with the face and expressions. that is also very important or u get a game like dating my daughter that uses the same expressions all the time.
so, I dont mind that quality CedSense used, the importance is the story here.
True. There was an update of DAZ in the last year or so, that made the models generally much more real looking than before.

TBH, because of the writing, that french-kiss scene on the dark-domination-path was hotter than most all out scenes in other games I've seen.

Reactions: Nemul and baka
4.60 star(s) 82 Votes