VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I'm confused. If I'm willing to make my daughter a cum dump for mayor and other important figures just to get some useful business friends and for my personal pleasure does it mean I'm on a dark path? Cuz it's not specified at all:/
Sounds like an old topic of a German talkshow that is off the air for years now: "I'm drinking three beers for breakfast. Sonja, am I an alcoholic?" :D

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
aight thanks. so theres no repercussion for being an asshole? cool.
The dialogue changes a bit for now. Later down the line im sure things will diverge. For now though i'd suggest having 2 different saves, 1 for nice guy and 1 for arsehole.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
It's more that the choices are pretty clear whether you are being a good guy or an asshole. There's nothing yet like in some games where if you had an apple for lunch it puts you into a submission path, while if you wore the shoes with laces yesterday you're on the bondage path. :D

You get choices, and the game hasn't gone far enough to know where they will all end up. But you will be absolutely clear on what you are choosing to do or be, and accept whatever consequences get later written for. You can be nice to a guy (e.g. Ray) or an asshole to him and work out for yourself that if you are going to need his help later, that may have a part in it.

You can be a supportive character to your daughter making her more assertive and certain of herself, or you can undermine her making her easier to manipulate (both for you and for others). But the choices you make are clearly good or bad, nice or mean, supportive or not. Just like life, you may not know what the consequences are because the future isn't written yet. But if you base all your moral and ethical choices in life only on whether or not you think you'll get in trouble, trust me, eventually you'll get in trouble. :D

sandro

May 27, 2017
ok, here the second preview pics that someone asked:

Hello guys and girls !
Time for the new preview pictures !
A lot of things are happening in 0.12, some good, some bad... Some characters will get mad, some will cry, some will be happy... Emotions all over the place!

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
It almost scarily makes sense at times.
If you are an asshole, it will go on just fine, but repercussions it might have.
If you want all the options, f.Ex. I'd personally be nice to the detective. He's working for you, and he knows a lot.
But no game overs or anything.

sandro

May 27, 2017
Just few days left for 0.12 and according to Cedsense will be a legendary update :D sharing last news and very interesting preview pics:

<<
We are now in the last week before the Tier4 release and even though I'm confident it will be on time, I must say, yet again, this next update will be the largest to date, a ton of content for you!
Enough talk, here are the pictures !

>>

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
Just few days left for 0.12 and according to Cedsense will be a legendary update :D sharing last news and very interesting preview pics:

<<
We are now in the last week before the Tier4 release and even though I'm confident it will be on time, I must say, yet again, this next update will be the largest to date, a ton of content for you!
Enough talk, here are the pictures !

>>
I have the feeling I'm gonna punch a bunch of people in the face again. Nice!

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Love that screens. Very promising. I hope MC won't be forced to such a rushed, unfun decisions like protecting her. Life is a best teacher for a child.

Reactions: 03abc and sandro

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Life is a best teacher for a child.
I'm honestly happy that your life has been kind enough to you to feel that way. But try telling that to a kid in a neighborhood where drugs, prostitution and crime are honestly seen as the only options for a life any more meaningful than flipping burgers.

You've gotten at the central theme of the main characters though. The daughter, through no fault of her own has never had a family life to learn from. Unlike most, she never had the chance to learn of any life beyond that which an orphanage run by nuns would teach her.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Then there's her friend. Somehow a little more worldly-wise, as at least she's been out in the workplace for a while. I get the feeling that she either came into the orphanage later in childhood, or at least, knew a lot more about where she'd come from. And of course, she's been out in the workplace a while. But she was still in a bad position that could have destroyed her.

Then there's the daughter of the Mayor.

Even the MC has issues with the lessons life has taught.

Life isn't a teacher at all, never mind a 'best' one. Life is a system that kills whatever it can, such that evolution, and the survival of the fittest, rules the day. Life isn't out to teach you - it's out to kill you, if it can, and you teach yourself to survive it and thrive.

Last edited:

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
You're digging way too deep into my words. That's refreshing and I have nothing to argue with you about as I agree with you. My words were mostly about overprotective actions of MC even on corrupted path - without real choice to make. Choices are really important for me in such games.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
I'm honestly happy that your life has been kind enough to you to feel that way. But try telling that to a kid in a neighborhood where drugs, prostitution and crime are honestly seen as the only options for a life any more meaningful than flipping burgers.

You've gotten at the central theme of the main characters though. The daughter, through no fault of her own has never had a family life to learn from. Unlike most, she never had the chance to learn of any life beyond that which an orphanage run by nuns would teach her.

Then there's her friend. Somehow a little more worldly-wise, as at least she's been out in the workplace for a while. I get the feeling that she either came into the orphanage later in childhood, or at least, knew a lot more about where she'd come from. And of course, she's been out in the workplace a while. But she was still in a bad position that could have destroyed her.

Then there's the daughter of the Mayor.

Even the MC has issues with the lessons life has taught.

Life isn't a teacher at all, never mind a 'best' one. Life is a system that kills whatever it can, such that evolution, and the survival of the fittest, rules the day. Life isn't out to teach you - it's out to kill you, if it can, and you teach yourself to survive it and thrive.
Maybe it's a cultural thing, but this is what people in Bulgaria actually mean by saying that. Than again, we stopped using corporal punishment in schools something like 30 years ago IIRC so that may have something to do with it.
By the way I'm not certain what would fuck the MC more:

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
You're digging way too deep into my words. That's refreshing and I have nothing to argue with you about as I agree with you. My words were mostly about overprotective actions of MC even on corrupted path - without real choice to make. Choices are really important for me in such games.
I know it was meant as a relatively flippant remark. It was just so relevant to one of the most important themes of the entire game that I just couldn't resist going a bit deeper on it. I'm always perhaps a little too easy to tempt into a serious and deep discussion. ;)

Case in point, when you talk about the 'protective' attitude of the MC even in the cruel/dom paths - I think that in itself is part of what makes this writing feel so good to me.
Maybe it's a cultural thing, but this is what people in Bulgaria actually mean by saying that. Than again, we stopped using corporal punishment in schools something like 30 years ago IIRC so that may have something to do with it.
By the way I'm not certain what would fuck the MC more:
I started out playing the non-related path, but soon after I'd rescued her, I just wasn't feeling invested. I guess that might be different if one set out as an evil type who saw an opportunity to possess, dominate and corrupt a young girl. So I started off again with the actual daughter route, and the game just hooked me far deeper and far quicker. I might play through the non-daughter corruption path again sometime, but I'm not sure. It jarred a bit with me. I could see the discovery of an actual daughter turning his world upside down and making him suddenly review all his feelings about involvement and attachment. But I couldn't see why he'd suddenly want all the investment, involvement and attachment of having a pet if she wasn't related. Just didn't feel as real, for me at least, so wasn't as immersive and involving to me as a player. Different strokes though, I'd guess.

Mt PewPew

May 3, 2018
Love that screens. Very promising. I hope MC won't be forced to such a rushed, unfun decisions like protecting her. Life is a best teacher for a child.
Unfun decision? I totally disagree with you. Even if it's not to protect her, (which I would do so anyway), I find beating the shit out of d-bags very fun. It's therapeutic for the soul.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I know it was meant as a relatively flippant remark. It was just so relevant to one of the most important themes of the entire game that I just couldn't resist going a bit deeper on it. I'm always perhaps a little too easy to tempt into a serious and deep discussion. ;)

Case in point, when you talk about the 'protective' attitude of the MC even in the cruel/dom paths - I think that in itself is part of what makes this writing feel so good to me.
Well, writing is indeed really good and feels real on every path. But my main path is a corruption one and on that one MC is a sleazy, manipulative psycho. It would just feel alright for him to leave her with that molester just to teach her a lesson and remove some innocence without much work. But it's not all that big of an issue if we'll have similiar choices later:p On every other route it wouldn't fit him at all to not protect her.
Unfun decision? I totally disagree with you. Even if it's not to protect her, (which I would do so anyway), I find beating the shit out of d-bags very fun. It's therapeutic for the soul.
Fair point. I'm all for some soul saving. That's why I feel it's worth to help these guys so they can remove some steam and find a redemption. And maybe help a poor writer financially.

sandro

May 27, 2017
Dont worry guys, who wants protect her probably wont get that scene with the molester and who wants to corrupt and dominate her will get it :D In that pic she is dressing on the dark paths dress chosen in last poll, that means she is only dressing like this for the dark paths. If i make a guess for corruption she will accept the groping and wont say anything, maybe even will like it a bit even still no comfy abt all it. For domination will be alike to last update in the bar scene with guy, she wont like other man groping her but she will be unable to fight or say smth against it till MC protect her or tell her what to do.

I think its going to be a very promising update and surely we all will enjoy all the different routes we are involved.

Shuchetan

Aug 13, 2017
All said, I am on tiptoes waiting ffor the next update and would like to know the date of the release as it's already december and am really anticipating a good update. Whatever anyone says, I think this is one of the best Games I have ever played in the genre.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes