VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
I also noticed this one, but I thought it was intentional, just to show the crazy ideas she could come up with or how she doesn't care about what other people will think and will focus only on what makes her feel good.
It is of course possible that it worked the way you described, but unfortunately, I feel that we didn't really get to know Anna enough to confidently say that it is her intention.

I have seen girls doing this irl, like when a girl works as waitress standing around during hours all day, at the end of the day her feet are destroyed, so having a pair of sneaker in the car to change after work is not strange.
Maybe Anna doesn't know what they are gonna do during that evenning, so she wears a nice dress and has a pair of good shoes in her car?
I definitely see this quite a lot with women IRL too, but they are for traveling to/from work, and not for the final look itself. In this case, the dress/sneakers combo is Anna's final look, which is why I consider it bizarre.

The reason why I mentioned this Anna dress/sneaker thing is that the dev has the capability to explain this uncommon combo if needed to. Logically, rather than going with the dress scene for D, it made more sense if there's a scene to address Anna's unusual fashion choice. A simple dialogue between D and Anna could suffice to explain the oddity (ex: "What's with the sneakers?" "Oh my heel's strap broke on the way." or "I only have sneakers" or whatever). But because there was no context being given about it, I went with the flow that it was on purpose and just didn't look right.

Again, it doesn't really negatively affect the quality of the final product as much, but things like these do get noticeable because how engrossed I am with the overall game.

Floga

Jun 30, 2018
I think the bug only occurs if you download the compressed version. I downloaded the un-compressed one and my saves worked perfectly.

Reactions: Kohryu

Johnny-Doe

Lola's Daddy™︎
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 12, 2018
Nah I just use winrar for all the games I try from F95, is 7zip better or something?
Yeap it works like a charm every time. Google 7zip and give it a try, im almost certain you wont have any issues afterwards.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Nah I just use winrar for all the games I try from F95, is 7zip better or something?
A number of compressy versions are use the 7z compression so you need it if you like the compressy versions.

7zip rarely has issues but good to check out if your winrar is the latest version (v5.61) whilst you're getting 7zip.

Yeap it works like a charm every time. Google 7zip and give it a try, im almost certain you wont have any issues afterwards.
FYI, I've had issues with 7zip on F95 files (Once or twice max) but it was solvable :)

Reactions: Johnny-Doe

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Good to know! TBH i've never had any issue at all with 7zip but thanks for the heads up.
No problem! One of them was the handling of multi-archived 7z files (In that case, 8 zip is your friend :)) so best to make a note of that :)

Marko1245

Jun 8, 2017
I wanted to play the dark path but I just couldn't do it........ first time in a game ......I just care about her too much to see her hurt.... So no dark path for me

HAIL to cedsense for creating such a lovely girl and story, I just wish he would delete the dark path forever

Maladika

Oct 13, 2018
ahah :D i just finshed the O.12SE... and... you're cruel with us all Cedsense :D
You could hardly find a better moment to make us impatient to know what will happen later in the story.

I really liked the game so far.
The arts are really nice, the main female character is very hot, and the story is nice too.
I particulary like characters like Melinda and Susan (i know many people here seem to not like her) even Ray too... because they are not manicheans stereotypes like most of what we see in usual adult games. They are not "all good"... nor "all bad"... i like that Melinda can be so friendly and helpfull with MC without having for only purpose to put him in her bed.
I was surprised (in a good way) at the beginning of the game to see how Susan seemed to be nice and loving, with MC and even with the "daughter"... while it was clear she didn't stand a chance against the beauty of the main female character (the "daughter"). Because of that, i really played the first hours of the game with a mixed and uneasy feeling of not knowing how i was going to manage both of these characters without been too much an asshole (not so easy to "dump" someone that seem nice, honest and loving with you)
I liked having these kind of questions... that -to my opinion- make the characters and the story more realistic and mature than what we usually see in these kind of games.

So... just a few constructive critics (but it's mostly details, as i really liked the game)... as it can always be interesting to hear :
- I already seen that in some other games (maybe it was DMD ? i'm not sure) : Be careful, sometimes the point of view from which you see the "daughter" seem too high to be possible. For me it -kind of- break the immersion when it happens (hopefully it's not often)
I took this screenshot as exemple :
To see her from there, the MC should be 2.50 meter high i think :D

of001.jpg

- 2) i'm not a big fan of the both choices we have in sex scenes at the beginning of the game (passive / dominant) as the expression of the both choices seem a bit of a caricature to me (i think many sex partners can like playing a dominant/submissive relation without calling the other "slut", "bitch"... every 2 lines).
After 2 tries... i never chose "dominant" again because i found the dialogue a bit stupid.

- 3).... i think i forgot something else but i can't remember. I'll add it later if it comes back to me.

Anyway... nice work ! nice game. I can't wait to see more.

P.S : I have no problems at all about the "slow pace" of the story and the fact that we still didn't had sex with the main female character (i saw above many players seem to not like that). It's the same with a game like DMD.. and that's one of my favorite. It make the story more immersive and the hot scenes a lot more rewarding when you waited for them for a long time.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
fucking hell when the mayor's bitch is trying to seduce the man I get a damn eval error. why?

Anyway, end of current DOM path? Perfect coincidence, blame her for everything.

Stakos

Jun 24, 2017
I will say this once and for all. Neither me, or any of the people on my team have problems with saves. None of us. A ton of people either. So, it's not my coding, or the game, it's either you, renpy, or something else. I'm sorry you're experiencing issues, but there is nothing I can do. Saves should be and are compatible for the vast majority, if I can't reproduce the error, no way to fix it.
Just in case you're not the pope and can make mistakes...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

netsrac

Dec 17, 2017
@Stakos
I understand that the error that happens to some people is really annoying.
I'm a Mod on Ced's discord server and I know he has spent a lot of time trying to figure out what could cause this error, but no luck so far. Some other people who know Ren'py, had no solution to the problem either. Searching the net for the possible cause of the error yielded nothing.
So it is not like he haven't tried to solve the problem. Just wanted to make that clear :)

Reactions: cloudfw and Stakos

Stakos

Jun 24, 2017
@Stakos
I understand that the error that happens to some people is really annoying.
I'm a Mod on Ced's discord server and I know he has spent a lot of time trying to figure out what could cause this error, but no luck so far. Some other people who know Ren'py, had no solution to the problem either. Searching the net for the possible cause of the error yielded nothing.
So it is not like he haven't tried to solve the problem. Just wanted to make that clear :)
Thanks for clearing that up and for taking the time to reply. I'm used to this kind of mistakes and I may complain but I can understand. What I don't understand is when people are being absolute, which makes them sound rude. Anyway thanks again. I guess I'll have to start the game from scratch. Let's hope it'll be the last time.

Reactions: netsrac
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes