VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Nice update with a solid amount of content. Still hope for more differences between the routes. Since the last update we have at least a few different renders :)

Reactions: dp123

darkwolf0x

Jul 10, 2018
I'm really liking the game, though I gotta say that dark path is seriously dark I got to skip through most of the scenes to the good parts only if only to save my soul just a little inside lol

Reactions: netsrac

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
Perhaps i explained it wrong.
After Installation i can't transfer your Android Ports (Our Fate, DMD Chap 2 or Triangle for example) to my SD Card. In my App Manager i can't choose under Storage between SD Card and intern Memory because the installed App have no access to read/write SD Card.

In other words ;) :
At the Installation Process i read "Do you want to install this Application? It does not require any special Access". But there should be access to "modify or delete the contents of your SD Card, read the contents of your SD Card". This is necessary for the transfer, i suppose.

I hope now its clear what i mean :)
Sorry again for my bad english.
and exactly this app "Our Fate" requests exactly the permission to access external storage at game start.
just for your information: since android sdk 23, these permissions are no longer granted during installation but have to be requested by the app at runtime.
vanilla ren'py does this not at all, but 3 of my ports that need this permission are requesting it from the user.
if you need this permission, just grant it to any other apk.

CedSense

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
My saves don't work. Again. I like this game a lot but I don't want to play all over again. I don't know anything about developing a game but is it so hard to make an update consistent with the previous updates? I see other developers do it...
I will say this once and for all. Neither me, or any of the people on my team have problems with saves. None of us. A ton of people either. So, it's not my coding, or the game, it's either you, renpy, or something else. I'm sorry you're experiencing issues, but there is nothing I can do. Saves should be and are compatible for the vast majority, if I can't reproduce the error, no way to fix it.

Lndlordd

Apr 27, 2017
hey....how many different paths r there in the game......currently i am playing on two different paths....one ends with me getting hit by the truck.....nd another where i am beaten up in the alley....are there any other endings to this update based on different routes...

0le

Apr 30, 2018
Crashes for me at when D sees Shenice and they see her.
Replayed the entire game for I thought and old save was the problem. It was not.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/sr12.rpy, line 86)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/sr12.rpyc", line 86, in script
    �����E
  File "G:\OurFate-0.12-SE-pc\OurFate-0.12-SE-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1681, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "G:\OurFate-0.12-SE-pc\OurFate-0.12-SE-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1793, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "G:\OurFate-0.12-SE-pc\OurFate-0.12-SE-pc\renpy\python.py", line 597, in py_compile
    raise e
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/sr12.rpy, line 86)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Our Fate 0.12-SE

Reactions: Edd0416

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
Not a bad update both dark routes end with the father getting his ass kicked not sure if ray set him up or what

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Well had some more time to explore the options this update with the D romance/love path. Seeing far more definitive signs of what this path requires.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Flecc

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
I find this a really good game, in my most preferred tier together with DMD, GGGB, Melody, Where the Heart is, My Sweet Neighbors, etc. I enjoy good slice of live VN, so I do not mind the slow burn (as long as say the MC is not the unsufferable judgemental prude of A Wife and Mother).

The only aspect of the game I find off-putting and unbelievable is the excessively old looks of the MC. Internal chronology of the game explictly says he more or less graduated in 1999, and he was smart and hard-working enough to tutor other students, so he should have been born in 1980-82 and be 36-38 by 2018. Yet he looks a not so well kept fifty-something, much closer to 55-60 than 35-40.

Either he made a really bad job keeping care of himself, which seems unbelievable given his job, lifestyle, and wealth, he suffers from a mild case of progeria, or the author really bungled his looks or the game's chronology. At worst you can say he's not a big fan of regular exercise, but he still seems fairly fit for someone with a sedentary lifestyle.

His daughter is even more explictly told to be 18 (a major plot point is she came of age and was released from the orphanage only recently), and he conceived her more or less between graduation and sophomore year, so he cannot be much older than 38-40 at the very most. Admittedly his ex who is the same age looks even older, a 70ish, but she is terminally ill, so her very aged looks are justifiable by wasting disease.

Their are many situations in life that can make a person look a lot older than they are. i have a decent job that rewards me quite well for what i do,but juggling that with family life puts a lot of pressure on.and ill be honest i look probably 10 years older than i am due to the pressures and the stress involved (hopefully when i retire ill look 10 years younger lol :)) But to me the big thing is this dev has a great story great renders and it is believable.So don't nit pick just enjoy one of the better games to hit this site

Reactions: SexyFeetLover

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Oh, btw. I just checked the Paetron for Our Fate and if there are some of you enjoying this game that have an extra dollar or so, show some love for the developers. (I did) I do confess my ulterior motive is to potentially see faster updates, but the game is well done and deserves it for that reason as well. :D

AGoodDay2Die

Feb 9, 2018
Hmm, I just hope we're not headed into "Acting Lessons" territory...

Someone mentioned the physics of the finale: in a real situation one would keep going on past the front of the vehicle with the person they're saving. Trying to kill your forward momentum, pivot, and throw them back the way you came virtually guarantees you become a hood ornament and severely decreases your chances of getting the other person clear in time.

I never liked Susan in the first place.

I still like the story but the dev really needs to do something about the glacial pace.

Usually the things shattered in Detroit are lives, dreams, wheels on our potholed roads, hopes of a Lions Superbowl appearance...

I see the dev skipped the proofreading phase: several uses of "I'm" that should be "I", wrong tenses, a couple of other things. Not fatal but still annoying.

Overall, a good update for a story but not so much for an erotic game. Still too good to give up on.

dirtyrat

May 26, 2018
Hmm, I just hope we're not headed into "Acting Lessons" territory...
I'd never put this game on the same tier as Acting Lessons. To me, it is a tier or so below DMD. The plot is a bit better than DMD but the pacing is just like a baby's crawl. 12 updates in and all they do is hug. It's not on my top 20 games on here, maybe not even top 30.

Aioden

Aug 27, 2018
just discovered this, so far so good. Any walk through? Seems the normal "nice guy" vs "Jerk" choice base.

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017
I will say this once and for all. Neither me, or any of the people on my team have problems with saves. None of us. A ton of people either. So, it's not my coding, or the game, it's either you, renpy, or something else. I'm sorry you're experiencing issues, but there is nothing I can do. Saves should be and are compatible for the vast majority, if I can't reproduce the error, no way to fix it.
Yet there most certainly is a save problem because several of us have encountered it. I would be happy to send you some save files that reproducibly fail if you are interested and think it would be a help. You have a great game here and one that I have not had save problems with until this last build, and I have done software QA work in the past so I know how difficult it can be to test every iteration of variables, especially continuing thru multiple software versions. Something has happened to make at least a small subset of save files with certain variables no longer work. Please don't just discount our reports of these problems... no one is coming here to make up or fake reporting problems we encounter. If you think it's not worth the effort to hunt down the bug because it is affecting what you believe to be just a small number of users, fine, that is your prerogative. It's annoying that I would have to restart my game (or at least in my case have to roll back several months worth of saves to find one that worked right after she moved into his house), but it's not the end of the world. However, there is absolutely, most definitely at least an edge case bug here that is effecting older saves.

Reactions: Stakos
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes