OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
twitter-article_next_steps.jpg

In this post, I wrote an overview of the next steps in the development of Our Home, including our presence on Steam and when we will release the public version. ( The text is public. )

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
when will the latest version be available here?
Within a few days.

I talked about this in a post, which is public.

I will not set a specific date because I need to be available after the release to handle possible interactions after the public launch, responses, corrections of any issues, and at the moment I am focused on the Patreon release for this month. However, I am almost done with the planning, so I will have a few free days.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Olo77 Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback about the game. We appreciate the time you took to play and evaluate our work. We would like to address some points raised in your review on January 11, 2023:

Regarding the plot and story progression:
We acknowledge that the story progression may have seemed slow before. However, since version 2.1.5, we have made significant advancements in the game's content.

Updates from version 2.1.5 to 2.12.0:

Dialogues: Approximately 2100 new dialogues.
Renders: About 2200 new renders.
Animations: Approximately 18 new animations.
Additional features: Cloud saves, Limited Experience Mode (VN Mode), Higram, Achievements, User Notes, Secret Renders, Original Songs, Sound Effects, and more.

Updates from version 2.12.0 to 2.19.2:

Renders: About 2370 new renders.
Dialogues: Approximately 2370 new dialogues.
Animations: 6 new animations.

Average reading time: Approximately 5 additional hours of content.

Our goal was to enrich the player's experience with an engaging and meaningful narrative, and we continue to focus on expanding the story in future versions.

We are also releasing monthly updates to ensure the continuity of content.

Regarding the Sandbox:

We understand that the sandbox may have caused confusion and frustration. We took your feedback into account and made some significant changes:

VN Mode (Visual Novel): We introduced a VN MODE mode that allows players to disable free navigation (sandbox) and follow a more linear narrative. This was aimed at offering a more focused and direct experience for those who prefer a traditional visual novel approach.

We have made various other improvements to the game and are committed to continuously improving it based on player feedback. We believe these changes have helped make the experience more enjoyable and less confusing.

We would like to invite you to play the latest versions of the game and consider adjusting your review based on the improvements made. We tried to tag you in the game thread but did not get a response. We would greatly appreciate it if you could return to check out the updates and share your opinion.

If you have more suggestions or would like to discuss any aspect of the game, we would be happy to hear from you.

MJB

We are committed to continuing to improve the game based on player feedback. We have implemented significant fixes since your last review, including a complete overhaul of the English dialogues and resolving save issues.

We would like to invite you to play the latest versions of the game and consider adjusting your review based on the improvements made. We tried to tag you in the game thread but didn't receive a response. We would greatly appreciate it if you could return to check out the updates and share your opinion. If the English dialogues meet your expectations, we hope you can reconsider your rating to 4 stars.

JackMiejov
Thank you for sharing your feedback about the game. We appreciate the time you took to play and review our work. We would like to address some points raised in your review of version 2.12.0:

Story:
We acknowledge that the storyline may have some gaps and clichés. Since then, we have worked to fill in the gaps and improve the cohesion of the story. We are focused on making the mystery elements more engaging and less predictable by revising the script to eliminate confusing moments.

Writing:
Since your review, as mentioned above, we have made significant improvements to the English to ensure that the dialogues and narration are more natural and cohesive. We enhanced the translation reporting feature to cover more areas of the game, ensuring a more consistent experience.

Renders:
We have worked to improve the quality of skin textures and model proportions. We continue to adjust the details to achieve a more realistic and pleasing visual appearance.

Animations:
We reviewed the animations to make them more fluid and realistic, correcting movements that seemed unrealistic. Although there is still a way to go, we are learning to handle them better. We have made significant advances in animation, and you will find two much better-produced animations in this version, but it takes time.

Sound:
We adjusted the sounds so they are not as loud.

Content:
We understand the frustration with the amount of content. Since then, we have added a significant amount of new dialogues, renders, and animations. While the main focus is not on explicit content, we continue to expand all aspects of the game to offer a more complete experience.

Gameplay:

We took your criticisms of the sandbox mode seriously and made several improvements:

- Sandbox Interface: We made the scroll bars easier to manipulate and adjusted the presentation of tasks and hints to make the information more accessible.
- Character/Relationship Screen:** We simplified access to hints, avoiding unnecessary clicks and presenting information more directly.
- Continuity Errors: We worked to eliminate continuity errors in the sandbox, ensuring that events unfold logically and cohesively.
- Notifications: We fixed the issues with inventory notifications, ensuring they only appear when necessary.
- Transitions: We significantly reduced transition times to improve the game's pacing.

We would like to invite you to play the latest versions of the game and consider adjusting your review based on the improvements made.

quyen1998

We understand your concerns about the game feeling unfocused. We are committed to enhancing the coherence and focus of the game's storyline and gameplay.

While we may not be able to address all your concerns directly due to the nature of your feedback, please know that we are listening and working hard to improve. We invite you to try the latest versions of the game and see the progress we've made.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Keep up the great work. If I remember correctly there was walkthrough mod for the game. Is there built in walkthrough in the game for help for best choice?
Thank you for the feedback and your kind words!

There isn't a built-in walkthrough in the game for making the best choices. There was a written walkthrough some time ago, but I simply couldn't keep it updated. When you mention "the best choice," are you referring to the perspective of achieving coitus?

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Pun1sh3r13

Hello, I believe your review is difficult for me to extract anything I can improve in the game. The character dialogues are clear about what you need to do to progress in that part of the game, and Norah's house is a very simple environment.

Your review is not related to the sandbox mod; it's actually just your inability to solve simple problems. Kindly, I suggest you remove your review or provide a better evaluation of what I could improve.

Pun1sh3r13

Feb 27, 2023
Pun1sh3r13

Hello, I believe your review is difficult for me to extract anything I can improve in the game. The character dialogues are clear about what you need to do to progress in that part of the game, and Norah's house is a very simple environment.

Your review is not related to the sandbox mod; it's actually just your inability to solve simple problems. Kindly, I suggest you remove your review or provide a better evaluation of what I could improve.
First of all sorry for my bad english it is not my native language, what I said was (that after trying to guess where to click it made me frustrated so the problem was both mine and the sandbox) I took the damn phone to norah and from there I didn't know what to do I couldn't leave the house I went through the whole house all the rooms and I didn't know what to do, I tried to see on the phone to see if I had to send a message to any character but no, and as I said the problem was both mine and the sandbox because if the sandbox didn't exist I would be enjoying the story but I can't do it because there is no story if I can't read it or play it due to being stuck in norah's house, I hope I have explained myself correctly.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
First of all sorry for my bad english it is not my native language, what I said was (that after trying to guess where to click it made me frustrated so the problem was both mine and the sandbox) I took the damn phone to norah and from there I didn't know what to do I couldn't leave the house I went through the whole house all the rooms and I didn't know what to do, I tried to see on the phone to see if I had to send a message to any character but no, and as I said the problem was both mine and the sandbox because if the sandbox didn't exist I would be enjoying the story but I can't do it because there is no story if I can't read it or play it due to being stuck in norah's house, I hope I have explained myself correctly.
In this case, my suggestion is that you ask a question here. I could quickly respond with a tip on what to do.

A one-star review for such a simple point harms our work, especially when the review doesn't give me a clear direction on what could be improved.

After you take Norah's phone and bring it to her to finish Yoga, you should go to the kitchen to continue the story. In the dialogue, the character reflects on this, indicating that you should go to the kitchen to get the payment. Shortly after, you will find Marta, who will ask you to fetch the medical kit. From there, it's simple: bring the kit to her; the medical kit is also in Norah's room, in the closet.

This is one of the few parts of the game with free-roam. All games generally have some level of free-roam; some are simpler and others more complex, but everything is always indicated in the text.

The point here is, if I give you everything hand in hand, the game stops being a VN and becomes a kinetic novel.

Reactions: AlexMpog

Pun1sh3r13

Feb 27, 2023
In this case, my suggestion is that you ask a question here. I could quickly respond with a tip on what to do.

A one-star review for such a simple point harms our work, especially when the review doesn't give me a clear direction on what could be improved.

After you take Norah's phone and bring it to her to finish Yoga, you should go to the kitchen to continue the story. In the dialogue, the character reflects on this, indicating that you should go to the kitchen to get the payment. Shortly after, you will find Marta, who will ask you to fetch the medical kit. From there, it's simple: bring the kit to her; the medical kit is also in Norah's room, in the closet.

This is one of the few parts of the game with free-roam. All games generally have some level of free-roam; some are simpler and others more complex, but everything is always indicated in the text.

The point here is, if I give you everything hand in hand, the game stops being a VN and becomes a kinetic novel.
I understand what you mean, but I think it was clearly understood that my problem was because of the sandbox mode so I do not understand how you could not understand what the problem was and why the review, and with respect to the other thing that I could have asked what to do is also true, but doing that I think it loses the fun because it is as if someone else was playing for me to tell me what to do, and lastly a kinetic novel is when there are no options to choose from or the ones there are are not taken into account and they just want to tell you a story and not give you the freedom to make decisions, so I don't understand why you say that if you give us everything in the hand it would turn it into a kinetic novel because it is not like that and I think it is better to put something where you can know what to do if you are stuck because really if I get frustrated it makes me completely forget what I had to do and as there is no place where I can see what is the next step it leads me to the endless loop.

Zerrox007

Apr 8, 2023
any help about this issue ?

Edit : I found out why the issue happened if I texted Norah before getting out of the company the game crashed I think because of the conversation itself as it was mentioned while texting her the accident that is happened after getting out of the company

screenshot0001.png

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 20 Votes