sigvar

Sep 5, 2021
Not sure how I ended up with this in my search. Sandbox is mentioned in the dev update, in the latest review and yet it isn't in the tags. Why is this?

• Sad
Reactions: IRebel

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
I've taken note that some players have successfully bypassed this problem by starting a new game in sandbox mode and then activating VN mode After entering the police station interrogation scene, as VN mode can be toggled on and off at any stage.

I haven't been able to replicate the problem myself yet, I'm committed to resolving it before the new version

Still, thank you so much for taking the time to let me know about this in a comment. I hope I can resolve this soon, and that you can experience Our House in the future.

I can also fix your save if you want to try. I did this with another player who had the same problem.
Well, unfortunately, starting a new game in VN mode still has the interrogation room not found error at police station

Warphorror

Jan 2, 2018
Why does the game wants an access to internet ortherwise it crashes at launch?
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
OSError: [WinError 10013] Une tentative d’accès à un socket de manière interdite par ses autorisations d’accès a été tentée

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "python-packages/discord.rpyc", line 2, in script
  File "C:\Users\Ben\Data\Games\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 823, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Ben\Data\Games\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1178, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/python-packages/discord_ren.py", line 3, in <module>
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1007, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 986, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 664, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 627, in _load_backward_compatible
  File "C:\Users\Ben\Data\Games\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 876, in load_module
    exec(code, mod.__dict__) # type: ignore
  File "python-packages/pypresence/__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\Ben\Data\Games\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 876, in load_module
  File "python-packages/pypresence/baseclient.py", line 1, in <module>
  File "lib/python3.9/asyncio/__init__.py", line 43, in <module>
  File "lib/python3.9/asyncio/windows_events.py", line 8, in <module>
OSError: [WinError 10013] Une tentative d’accès à un socket de manière interdite par ses autorisations d’accès a été tentée

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702
Our Home 2.19.2
Sat Jul 27 12:15:50 2024
I use sandboxie with internet access denied for safety and it's the first game I've had this problem.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bob69

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Our Home [v2.19.2] [Old Hiccup] - Update only

The patch may break your game, use at your own risk.
Ren'Py/Python version changed, read the Spoiler before installing!

Win/Linux: v2.12.1 -> v2.19.2
[2,68 GB]
- - - -

Mac: v2.12.1 -> v2.19.2 [2,68 GB]
- - - -

Win/Linux Compressed: v2.12.1 -> v2.19.2 [345 MB]
- - - -

Mac Compressed: v2.12.1 -> v2.19.2 [347 MB]
- - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please @ me or quote this post if there is a new version that doesn't show up on the "Latest Updates" page.

Last edited:

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Why does the game wants an access to internet ortherwise it crashes at launch?
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "python-packages/discord.rpyc", line 2, in script
  File "C:\Users\Ben\Data\Games\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 823, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Ben\Data\Games\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1178, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/python-packages/discord_ren.py", line 3, in <module>
  File "python-packages/pypresence/__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
  File "python-packages/pypresence/baseclient.py", line 1, in <module>
  File "lib/python3.9/asyncio/__init__.py", line 43, in <module>
  File "lib/python3.9/asyncio/windows_events.py", line 8, in <module>

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702
Our Home 2.19.2
Sat Jul 27 12:15:50 2024
I use sandboxie with internet access denied for safety and it's the first game I've had this problem.
Will check that if this is true, I will reset the thread and delete the promotion. Games that can't be played offline are not allowed.

User error like always :KEK: Have you turned off the games access to the Internet at the beginning?
Probably should read the stuff that pops up lol. I turned my internet off and disabled Internet access at the start and the game worked fine.

Last edited:

Warphorror

Jan 2, 2018
Will check that if this is true, I will reset the thread and delete the promotion. Games that can't be played offline are not allowed.

User error like always :KEK: Have you turn off the games need for Internet access at the beginning?
Probably should read the stuff that pops up lol. I turned my internet off and disabled Internet access at the start and the game worked fine.
It's probably due because I block access the sockets/ports, the error happens during the launcher before I have acces to the menu. If I cut internet and remove the restriction on the ports it launches. Still I'd like to know why it wants access and the error is not properly handled.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
It's probably due because I block access the sockets/ports, the error happens during the launcher before I have acces to the menu. If I cut internet and remove the restriction on the ports it launches. Still I'd like to know why it wants access and the error is not properly handled.
I have already deleted it and just read it halfway lol. But I think I saw something about checking for updates, could be not the only thing though. Also your error code shows kinda that it wants to access the devs discord.

Warphorror

Jan 2, 2018
It seems it simply try to download the discord integration package, it doesn't catch the ports denied error so it's thrown upward and results in not loading the game. I'm not an expert in security so I don't know if it tries to do anything else but seems to be just an unexpected error in a peculiar situation simply not handled.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Not sure how I ended up with this in my search. Sandbox is mentioned in the dev update, in the latest review and yet it isn't in the tags. Why is this?
Because the sandbox/freeroam mode is optional,

And during a survey I conducted, ~70% of players who played Our Home in the latest public version played in VN mode, so VN mode is more popular than Free-Roam mode. Therefore, I made a change to put VN mode at the focus of the game, ensuring that people who usually exclude the free-roam tag will discover the game.

I tried to find some data to better understand how many people exclude sandbox from their searches, but unfortunately, F95 does not provide this information.

Reactions: sigvar

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
any help about this issue ?

Edit : I found out why the issue happened if I texted Norah before getting out of the company the game crashed I think because of the conversation itself as it was mentioned while texting her the accident that is happened after getting out of the company

View attachment 3872111

Well, unfortunately, starting a new game in VN mode still has the interrogation room not found error at police station

I've tried to simulate this error more than a dozen times, and I just can't reproduce it, but I will try again. I'm very sorry for this.

Usually, restarting the game resolves this issue. Since it's right at the beginning, you might not encounter further problems.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
It seems it simply try to download the discord integration package, it doesn't catch the ports denied error so it's thrown upward and results in not loading the game. I'm not an expert in security so I don't know if it tries to do anything else but seems to be just an unexpected error in a peculiar situation simply not handled.

Hello, this issue wasn't addressed simply because I didn't encounter this specific situation, so I couldn't catch the error.

If internet access is disabled, it shouldn't try to access anything. However, if it is enabled, it will attempt to access some automatic functions. The main functions are:

1 - Checking for game updates (when you start a new game or when you open the game).
2 - Enabling Discord rich presence, if it is enabled.
3 - Updating your game achievements (when you open the phone).
4 - Updating the photos in the Higram app.

All errors have exception handling when a function cannot be executed, but unexpected failures can occur. I will investigate further to understand what might be happening.

One important thing to mention is that it shouldn't be to download anything, because everything is packaged within the game, including the rich presence, which is a very simple code.

Reactions: Warphorror
3.80 star(s) 20 Votes