OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
You take away the humanity that we had to cling to the whole prologue, MC being a total shut in as he kept pining for a girl he did not seee or hear from in ten whole years, despite being in a place with many other people just as needy as him, if not clingier - refusing a hug between a long time motherly Amelie and a totally clueless shut in MC - it just takes us out of it: female teachers love being hugged and cheek kissed by their pupils - MC has grown under her eyes decades - this is disheartening to see the hug being taken out as a choice between such close like family individuals - get your head out of the gutter for a second and make these characters behave as humanly as possible, with emotions and actions accordingly.
I think I wasn’t clear enough in that comment. The scene I took wasn’t specifically the hug, but rather the part where the game gave the option to grab Amelia’s butt during the hug. I had understood that the player mentioned this because he saw that one of the first screenshots from players in the comments was of the MC grabbing Amelia’s butt.

The hug is still there, a long hug actually, and it will be there in the reworked prologue.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
This is the most disconcerting thing you can do to a story about long time teacher, especially a female teacher and her long time student - not to mention they lived in the same house and AMELIA WAS A MOTHER IN ALL INTENSES AND OURPOOSES to everyone in that place.

Especially before they would possibly part ways deffinitively - MC did not arrange any room and board and Amelia, as a mother figure and a respectable female guardian should have arranged something - MC is just booted out of the life he ever knew as a human being, living in a place with rules and poeple and guardians who were the people to look up to - MC is given the proverbial boot and he goes for it - no place that hires people would ensure room and board unless they advertise it and for young people, especially their first job, most would take advantage of them and put them in probation perios without pay - so MC is totally delusional.

You take away the humanity that we had to cling to the whole prologue, MC being a total shut in as he kept pining for a girl he did not seee or hear from in ten whole years, despite being in a place with many other people just as needy as him, if not clingier - refusing a hug between a long time motherly Amelie and a totally clueless shut in MC - it just takes us out of it: female teachers love being hugged and cheek kissed by their pupils - MC has grown under her eyes decades - this is disheartening to see the hug being taken out as a choice between such close like family individuals - get your head out of the gutter for a second and make these characters behave as humanly as possible, with emotions and actions accordingly.

By the way, we are just a few hours away from our next monthly release, and it features some warm hugs and a deep contextualization of the main story history.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Problem is, right after MC is supposed to go talk to her, but it all dissapears as MC finds his childhood friend and suddenly there is nothing to her.
1725466185024.png
Loyalty is a theme that is specific to each character and their respective storylines.
The hints are a bit opaque: go to the rental home and shower - MC lives alone and does not know or have any invitation to visit the maid or go help her, so how is MC supposed to advance her plot line if he showers in his home, alone, where nobody knows he exists?
The maid hints amount to nothing triggering: MC goes to the house but he cannot work anymore - nobody is home and the work events never trigger - and there is nothing to click and shower in the rental home alone where MC lives.
1725466304899.png
Why is nobody picking the potatoes up, moping the floor and washing the pot? That is a serious hazard and littering on the wooden floors.
1725466413109.png
Ever heard of gloves or napkins or towel to manipulate hot pots?
1725466510142.png
You still have poor manners when picking up after yourself, tho.
1725466546634.png
You did not leave the poddle on the floor! You will slip and fall!
1725466607326.png
How about you use some cooking utensils and prevent burning yourself in the hot water, will ya!

1725466676780.png
She is right there! It is like she prepared it herself. No wonder MC leaves none the wiser despite her efforts.
1725466748931.png
You did not! That is only piling them up before actually scrubbing them down, washing them, drying them and then you are supposed to put them in their respective cupboards. You should have washed them before cooking with them also,
1725466869959.png
”I want to break free!” Freddie Mercury had the decency to do it all on stage, in a made up house: you are going in the streets bare chested.
1725466968568.png
You forgot your own clothes also. Those are work clothes from the house. Get back and put them in their place, you wierdo!
1725467093385.png
What a deluge! But everyone is acting like it was a sunny day - she and MC just sit there damp and in shock.
1725467164272.png
Guerss MC haswaterproof clothes...
1725467224727.png
Dry ironed T-shirt with skin drenched in water - must be hot and dirty in Brasil.
1725467312202.png
The one girl MC invests weeks into building his relationship with is a one and done in this game. What a bummer.

Last edited:

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Problem is, right after MC is supposed to go talk to her, but it all dissapears as MC finds his childhood friend and suddenly there is nothing to her.
View attachment 4000136

The hints are a bit opaque: go to the rental home and shower - MC lives alone and does not know or have any invitation to visit the maid or go help her, so how is MC supposed to advance her plot line if he showers in his home, alone, where nobody knows he exists?
The maid hints amount to nothing triggering: MC goes to the house but he cannot work anymore - nobody is home and the work events never trigger - and there is nothing to click and shower in the rental home alone where MC lives.
View attachment 4000139
Why is nobody picking the potatoes up, moping the floor and washing the pot? That is a serious hazard and littering on the wooden floors.
View attachment 4000142
Ever heard of gloves or napkins or towel to manipulate hot pots?
View attachment 4000152
You still have poor manners when picking up after yourself, tho.
View attachment 4000153
You did not leave the poddle on the floor! You will slip and fall!
View attachment 4000154
How about you use some cooking utensils and prevent burning yourself in the hot water, will ya!

View attachment 4000159
She is right there! It is like she prepared it herself. No wonder MC leaves none the wiser despite her efforts.
View attachment 4000160
You did not! That is only piling them up before actually scrubbing them down, washing them, drying them and then you are supposed to put them in their respective cupboards. You should have washed them before cooking with them also,
View attachment 4000163
”I want to break free!” Freddie Mercury had the decency to do it all on stage, in a made up house: you are going in the streets bare chested.
View attachment 4000169
You forgot your own clothes also. Those are work clothes from the house. Get back and put them in their place, you wierdo!
View attachment 4000172
What a deluge! But everyone is acting like it was a sunny day - she and MC just sit there damp and in shock.
View attachment 4000177
Guerss MC haswaterproof clothes...
View attachment 4000181
Dry ironed T-shirt with skin drenched in water - must be hot and dirty in Brasil.
View attachment 4000183
The one girl MC invests weeks into building his relationship with is a one and done in this game. What a bummer.

There are a lot of things here, and I’m having a bit of trouble interpreting the intent of your comment, whether it’s just meant to be funny or if you’re actually critiquing or suggesting changes to certain aspects of the game.

If it’s meant to be funny, the part that got me the most was "Freddie Mercury" hahaha.

I think an important point I noticed is that these screenshots seem to be from an older version of the game. There's a bit more playable content after this part of the game.

Old Grumpy Wolf

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
There are a lot of things here, and I’m having a bit of trouble interpreting the intent of your comment, whether it’s just meant to be funny or if you’re actually critiquing or suggesting changes to certain aspects of the game.

If it’s meant to be funny, the part that got me the most was "Freddie Mercury" hahaha.

I think an important point I noticed is that these screenshots seem to be from an older version of the game. There's a bit more playable content after this part of the game.
Canto has a habit of posting things that only makes sense to himself. If he wants people to understand, his posts are clear, but mostly, what you get makes no sense. :ROFLMAO:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Well .. yes. The scare about removing the whole hugging scene from the game was infuriating, so I had to try the 2.12.0 version.

This is a critique of what it felt like and what was left out of the gaming experience. VN-mode saved it for me.
I think an important point I noticed

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: OldHiccup

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
I'll try to address each point individually

About the points from the screenshots hahahahah regarding the missing clothes and details, what I can say is that we really pay A LOT of attention to detail in the renderings. We try our best to make high-quality renders with the fewest errors or strange things possible, but some things are simply out of our reach, whether due to financial, technical reasons, or even the available time to make them. So, what I can say is that these things can end up giving us a good laugh.

You may have noticed after replaying the latest version how much the quality of our renders has improved over time, and we intend to improve even more.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Can you get all the women, or will some fall by the wayside for points?
The relationship with the girls is based on choices, not on relationship points. The relationship points were originally created with the idea of making certain scenes, which can be repeated in free-roam mode, available more quickly. However, in the missions, everything is based on choices.

In summary, you'll have the opportunity to be with all the girls if you make the right choices.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
New Release: Our Home (2.21.0)

Renders: ~350

2_21_h.jpg

abdje019

Mar 20, 2023
is there even much Emily content in this game? the main girl in the first pic in the OP drew me into to try this game and download but playing some it doesn't seem much content with her.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
is there even much Emily content in this game? the main girl in the first pic in the OP drew me into to try this game and download but playing some it doesn't seem much content with her.

Emily is the character with the most historical content, but she reappears in the plot after some time. We have a release process that is detailed in this post. https://f95zone.to/threads/our-home-v2-19-2-old-hiccup.87718/post-13663773

With this approach, we focus on one character’s story for an entire quarter. Emily was in the spotlight for 6 months, with only the main character ahead of her in terms of story prominence. Below her is Juliana, who was the focus for 4 months.

Our $10 supporters can vote on whether they want to explore more content about a specific character. This is a way to participate in the development and ensure that more scenes with these characters are featured.

abdje019

Mar 20, 2023
Emily is the character with the most historical content, but she reappears in the plot after some time. We have a release process that is detailed in this post. https://f95zone.to/threads/our-home-v2-19-2-old-hiccup.87718/post-13663773

With this approach, we focus on one character’s story for an entire quarter. Emily was in the spotlight for 6 months, with only the main character ahead of her in terms of story prominence. Below her is Juliana, who was the focus for 4 months.

Our $10 supporters can vote on whether they want to explore more content about a specific character. This is a way to participate in the development and ensure that more scenes with these characters are featured.

when does she reappear and have actual significant amount of content? i got to part where mc is going to get new clothes but no content with her and haven't reappeared.

abdje019

Mar 20, 2023

i fast forward a bit when i was playing just to see when she would reappear and she did but only a few renders for her and her time was over. so i wonder and ask here does she even have much content, specifically i mean does she reappear at some point in the plot in a significant way or is there just not much content with her in this game?

JorgeÚnico

Mar 30, 2018
My recomendation if this game give you errors don't play it at all, now... is decent and still in work in progress.
If you want a full experience just try it. (Waiting should do better)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OldHiccup
3.80 star(s) 20 Votes