VN Ren'Py Our Life: Beginnings & Always [v1.7.1 + All DLC's] [GBPatch]

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes
Jul 11, 2019
I think people need to remember, the game is not intended to be a 'sex game'. Someone posted it here because there are people who will enjoy it, but if you're only interested in the sex, this game isn't for you. They might not even include anything like this in future games, and they probably won't add anything beyond what we already have in this one...
Exactly! A lot people seemed interested in so when I saw the Patreon post, I shared. Honestly if people are looking for sex scene, there are so many to chose from. Other than the Patreon bonuses, this is not really that type of game. It's more of a grow up with a boy named cove, fall in love with or not, and live your life with different memories type of thing, depending on your choices. It's sort of nostalgic and sentimental.

Jul 11, 2019
Well there is another game of theirs that does contain sexual content, I think I saw on patreon that the images had sexual intercourse encounter if I remember right when I went through their things. The game isnt out yet so far as I have seen.
I think it's a unnamed project if I can remember. Also sorry for the replies you guys I work as a writer and I'm college student so I don't see the notifications for this site until I log on.

Jul 11, 2019
It's not coincidence that this one has the highest rating with the [Gay] tag on Itch.io. One moment I'm in love with Cove and all the romance, then suddenly the game ends and I remember my lonely depressed ass on real life :KEK:
Gosh I felt like playing the unfinished demo for Errant Kingdom and then finding out it probably won't be finished until fall the year. (That reminds me I saw they turned off comments. Interesting...)

CookyDough

Jul 3, 2021
I have been keeping up with the game since the step 1 demo and honestly, no only has been an incredible ride buts is not even over yet and that just makes my heart warm, still can't wait for the upcoming dlcs to enjoy the game to the fullest
Same same which is why I dislike they are making a new game, they could make this one deeper and detailed. I got attached to the cast and setting and wish to explore other realtionships (friendship and family included) with Cove (or futur romantic interest) or heck maybe events that are skipped during the interlude!

Reactions: Ale.D and Shilou

YosafireK

Dec 15, 2018
Same same which is why I dislike they are making a new game, they could make this one deeper and detailed. I got attached to the cast and setting and wish to explore other realtionships (friendship and family included) with Cove (or futur romantic interest) or heck maybe events that are skipped during the interlude!
I am pretty sure they mentioned a different team is working for OL2 on twitter, so the current team of OL would not be affected when doing their work with details.

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
I don't think it's so bad to be working on a new installment, business wise, it's a sound idea; Cove is pretty long in the tooth, and though he's great and we love him, we have to admit, only die hard fans will honestly say they want (and will pay top dollar) to continue with this boy. It's not good practice to linger on an idea for too long, both in that the majority audience will want for something fresh, and that creating brand new characters (AKA personalities), will drag in more fans, that they may have pushed away with Cove (while keeping the Cove fans).

Their very first idea of him, maybe had always intended to end when you're young adults/marry him, so any further addition, like kids (which would be swell), homemaking, vacationing, etc. would just be guilty pleasures, which can easily turn into milking something that's better off ending with a more meaningful bang. (Maybe as future revisits, but it's not good to beat a dead horse, especially when it's not a AAA game, that can take years upon years to develop, losing publicity.)

I don't want Cove to end, but every game should have an end, both to provide a break for the developer's creative mind (maybe they want to move on from continuing Cove's story? He's probably "complete" to them, while he's unending to us), and to show Cove is a work of love, and not a mascot cash grab. Our Life 2 should pick up where Cove "failed", it should feel fresh and new, while still holding the same morals we love of a romance/friendship(? Seriously, who picked it?) developing between you and the childhood friend, but maybe this time with further focus on the things Cove had lacked?

The list can go on, with what would give us a better/fuller romance, but one of the things I'm hoping will be added, which is sort of on the "too late" list for Cove, is more sexy time, of course! It doesn't even have to be anything more explicit, just more couples making out and feeling each other up; of course, this would have to wait around the young adult stage. I think Cove's shyness/Autism made him a more reluctant LI, so many romantic/seductive opportunities were passed over to fulfill his personality; I'm hoping they don't do this in OL2.

One thing I really want to see, personally, is more trouble making/rebellion drama!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is just some of my ideas, who knows what they have plan, what the LIs personality are, but I'm hoping they give us something totally unique from Cove, but still remember to keep what we liked about it.

CookyDough

Jul 3, 2021
One thing I really want to see, personally, is more trouble making/rebellion drama!
Actually, I discovered they did approach that theme with their previous game ( ) where Jeremy and Shiloh came from! I was surprised they were actually cameo in "our life!" (Yes, they're both datable lol)
So there is a whole gang of "bad boys" in it.

I love Cove very deeply, but I'm also very excited to have a female love interest in the second game so we can have a cute g/g blossoming romance.
That makes me think that I wish we could've helped the cast to get also a romantic partner and I don't know why but I think the cousin, Lee would be fantastic in a g/g relationship
I don't want particularly to focus on MC couple but more on their social circle, I guess.

BUT despite by whining, I would still play the futur new game because I am a fan of the genre haha

Last edited:

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
Actually, I discovered they did approach that theme with their previous game ( ) where Jeremy and Shiloh came from! I was surprised they were actually cameo in "our life!" (Yes, they're both datable lol)
So there is a whole gang of "bad boys" in it.
I've played a bit of that game, and it was cute, but if I'm to be honest, it felt a little mild to me. I don't know if the writers were different, or if they're leaning too heavily on parody/slap-stick.

I'm looking for something more mature, I don't mean this purely in the sexual sense, I mean that I want the seriousness of Our Life, but maybe the edge of XOXO Droplets? I dunno, I thought the boys were a little... weak in XOXOD? If I'm to be honest, Cove was more of a bad boy than they were, those guys were just... "assholes" I guess? This isn't a complaint, I like assholes, but they weren't really... Bad? They were just mean. XOXO boys were Tsundere, while Cove was actually Kuudere (??? Oh, my. god, never thought I'd look at him that way, but I guess he really is!).

Anyways, Cove was actually pretty badass, (Sneaking out of the house whenever he felt like, as a kid, hopping through your window given his fancy, let's not forget the kickass jet ski incident, even if it was a teenaged supervised one time thing); I just want more focus on delinquency, especially for the moody teenage years. I do not want them to take the same rout as XOXO Droplets, that game tried too hard to be silly, it felt like a joke (I liked it, it just didn't have the seriousness of Our Life), and none of them felt like trouble at all, just angry, mean, brats.

Last edited:

CookyDough

Jul 3, 2021
none of them felt like trouble at all, just angry, mean, brats.
Haha
Describe exactly Jeremy XD
But yeah, it's possible the writer either changed or matured when writing Our life.
Thanks for trying the game. I didn't yet since I am in honey moon phase with the current game haha

Last edited:

2B9SA2

Oct 27, 2019
I only got to see this ones on some tumblr post from them of the sprites but really like the soft colors OL2 will give us
it will have a lovely vive for sure!

• Red Heart
Reactions: CookyDough

ejmuerte

Sep 24, 2018
I only got to see this ones on some tumblr post from them of the sprites but really like the soft colors OL2 will give us
it will have a lovely vive for sure!

i like the boy's design, the second link.

CookyDough

Jul 3, 2021
I've a question about Cove level of initiative : does it really change that much between low and middle if you only have a crush and still not a couple?
I remember that I tried mid when having a crush and I disliked it because it was like I was sexually harassing him even when becoming a couple during the playthrough... So I wonder if low initiative is only for crush or not? Because he never initiate otherwise in playthrough.
When I tried love+high initiative level, Cove doesn't confess anymore at the end of Step 3 like he would have done as crush lol

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 25 Votes