VN Ren'Py Our Life: Beginnings & Always [v1.7.1 + All DLC's] [GBPatch]

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes

verlyone

Mar 12, 2018
How much is done currently? I see there 4 steps done or something, but how long until the end?
this beta is upto the end of the game. there is a wedding dlc planned yet and still a dlc for a romance for the other two boys but as for as the base game this is it. There is some polishing and bug testing yet to do. (that's what us patrons are for) other than that the game will be out this month as promised.

Reactions: sweaterweather4327

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
It's a stand-alone moment that occurs after Step 3, which has the MC and Cove's first sexual experience together. They don't go 'all the way' though, so if that's what you're looking for, might be better to skip it.
Thought as much, as it was tagged with 'no sexual content'. I appreciate the info!

Reactions: RedRaven69

MarkMM

Aug 10, 2020
What are requirements to get engaged and can Cove be the one proposing?
Do not propose to him until step3. Choose crush or love at step3. At start of step3, when talking to Lee, choose you are not with Cove yet. Do not propose to Cove at the charity dinner part. End step3 and run out from restaurant and then ask Cove to get you.

Reactions: superdadidou

sp_Ace

Dec 13, 2020
Do not propose to him until step3. Choose crush or love at step3. At start of step3, when talking to Lee, choose you are not with Cove yet. Do not propose to Cove at the charity dinner part. End step3 and run out from restaurant and then ask Cove to get you.
Um, these are the requirements to get Cove be the first to confess to your character and officially get into a boyfriend/girlfriend/datefriend relationship with him...

What are requirements to get engaged and can Cove be the one proposing?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

verlyone

Mar 12, 2018
all you need for the proposal is when talking to Lee tell her are in love with Cove, but haven't admitted it yet. in reflection make sure to ask Cove what his views on marriage are. any time marriage is brought up just be positive about it. do not propose at the end of step three. during step four. don't be engaged yet. during the step itself one of the mom's brings the subject up. pick the one about Cove not about proposing yourself. near the end of the step Cove with propose himself.

and it looks like sp.ace answered before I could lol :D and I agree, I cried like a baby as well at the proposal. "you pick me and I pick you."

sp_Ace I think the devs pointing out how much Baxter is missing is a hint about the wedding dlc. (he's the wedding planner)

Last edited:

sp_Ace

Dec 13, 2020
all you need for the proposal is when talking to Lee tell her are in love with Cove, but haven't admitted it yet. in reflection make sure to ask Cove what his views on marriage are. any time marriage is brought up just be positive about it. do not propose at the end of step three. during step four. don't be engaged yet. during the step itself one of the mom's brings the subject up. pick the one about Cove not about proposing yourself. near the end of the step Cove with propose himself.

and it looks like sp.ace answered before I could lol :D and I agree, I cried like a baby as well at the proposal. "you pick me and I pick you."

sp_Ace I think the devs pointing out how much Baxter is missing is a hint about the wedding dlc. (he's the wedding planner)
I knew I was missing some things! Thanks!

Edit: Verlyone

Last edited:
Reactions: verlyone

I.S.O.

Mar 24, 2019
Thought as much, as it was tagged with 'no sexual content'. I appreciate the info!
If it matters, that particular moment DOES have sexual content - just not full-on intercourse. The base game has no sexual content at all, though - the closest it gets is a heavy make-out session or two. :LOL:

Reactions: RedRaven69
Dec 15, 2019
I can see the point of this game (in my perspective and opinion) the autor of this game and central idea is make a immersive history the main point of the game is to make something more real something close to reality one the charecters look like human and not just a drawing without personality. I believe one of the main mistakes of these romance stories is that either the author doesn't have the freedom to make a real romance where there is such a thing as kissing, sex (not at the +18 game level in a way that makes sense) working together with the mistake. unlike many works like mangas, comics and novels where ml is usually just teasing or just waiting for the novel where characters who sometimes have more than 15, 18 years of idea act as characters from 4 to 6 years old. that make the reader dumb and the story mediocre (in case you present the possibility of the novel, but the author never lets this happen, he always comes with stupid excuses or some bullshit to avoid such a novel in some episodic works when the characters declare themselves in the next cap often act as if the situation never happened).

I think that if the author in a work will never put it as a novel and will just stay in the hopes, I prefer that he never put anything that suggests romance inside the work, especially when it's related to the protagonist, they always end up putting the expectation just that and it stays in a repetitive cycle impoverishing the work because it will never be developed or will have any real importance in the work, sometimes it is something so idiotic that it becomes an insult to human intelligence and to those who like good stories and narratives.

To this day I have never understood why adult characters like Edward Elric (yes I know there are other better examples but I love full metal and love the work so I will avoid commenting on works I don't like as it would be suspicious) act like immature children even after all that he went through along his journey when it came to Winry Rockbell and her novel I know Eedward has a more childlike character due to his very emotional temperament (yeah i know at the end of both full metal alchemist he breaks up getting married and it's not a total without purpose and of course the work doesn't create out of nothing other characters to be "love rivals" to create an idiotic conflict) yet I really think it's a problem, even though it has some function in the work that doesn't whether to be the male lead's beloved I believe that teasing in full metal would just be a comic relief since they both like each other and just stay in that 'I like you' kid thing but when it comes time to declare the love happens something very stupid or the protagonist acts like a retard it makes me upset with works that propose the novel but they don't build it right it's as if it was built just for fan service or pure hyppe knows something forced and sometimes very reason.

Edit: A work where the focus is not on romance that I noticed that at least that doesn't happen in the male lead is yu yu hakusho (but the part of kazuma kuwabara and Yukina's romance really does have some purpose and of course Yukina's personality of being innocent and not understanding about "dirty world" makes some sense in the dark tournament not only as comic relief but also as Kasuma's character development and is perhaps a good excuse to say it's not that stupid) because yusuke we just know that he really loves Keiko Yukimura and that she also loves he is very obvious in the first moments of the anime/manga and has a purpose it's not just a romance to leave you in the hyppe or speculating what happened is part of the plot not like if in the next ep they were going to forget that they love each other or start acting like children. In the final arc of yu yu hakusho yusuke finally asks her to marry him that he will be back in 3 years after the tournament in the dark world, so there is some conclusion and it really matters because when he faces Yomi (who is the boss of the tournament basically ) Yusuke doesn't know why he fights, he had no more reasons to fight or live so he got beaten up and Yomi keeps giving him lessons (the scene is very good, watch it) until he remembers why he's fighting which in this case would be to go back to marry Keiko and from there we can say that this romance between Keiko and Yusuke is a key part for its development of Yusuke character in the final arcs of the work.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Vasin

Vasin

Nov 20, 2018
Um, these are the requirements to get Cove be the first to confess to your character and officially get into a boyfriend/girlfriend/datefriend relationship with him...
Thanks, I was wondering why I got locked out of S3 epilogue proposal, turns out I didn't select the right answer in DLC. A bit odd since I'd expect all choices in base game episodes be available regadless of dlc, latter being relegated to mentions and references, but it's an actual actionable choice that you get locked out of. Oh well.

verlyone

Mar 12, 2018
I didn't realize that. it'll be my guess that that the upcoming dlc will change the info about Baxter. since I know he's involved in it. Other DLC have changed things about the main game once you get it. I can't see how this will be any different. It makes me wonder about the other two that were mentioned as well.

Reactions: sweaterweather4327

CookyDough

Jul 3, 2021
I just finished Step 1 and apparently my Cove is between Candid and Affable, hence my question... ^^"
I see. Step 2 does highlight more often Cove different type of personality compared to Step 3 I felt.
But I can't say how much difference it will make if you're between the 2 type of personalities :unsure:

Intensified handholding and erotic gazes?
I would've liked that in the main game, lol :devilish: :ROFLMAO:

yu yu hakusho
Well, Yu Yu Hakusho is focused is a battle shounen so of course the romance was simplistic like the majority of shounen mangas and anime.

The best example I saw in that genre was in "Eye shield". Because the girl stayed with Hiruma in the end not the hero, they both acknowledged each other (Hiruma puts her to test to see if she is really serious to be a manager) then over time, the author left hints that only both of them could communicate (ex: signs language during match that only both of them understood) and understand (the girl was able with time tell when Hiruma was bluffing while straining himself). I loved all the hints and even the fans at the of the manga accepted naturally their relationship, it just made sense and just because she was in love by default with him like a lot of girls in Shounen mangas.

I think the one who got the shorter stick in end from what I've read is Sakuragi from Slam Dunk...

Nope.

EDIT
Playing again, Step 4 from boyfriend to fiancé.
I got a bug where I could propose twice, lmao
That bug wasn't there in the previous version, oh well ^^

EDIT 2
Finally, replaying crush route as a kid since I am curious how the story will talk about the Runway event in the long term in the chapter.
I captured some "awww" moments

Last edited:
Reactions: Nino_S1
4.70 star(s) 25 Votes